Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I suggest to remove "HNNG!" from jumping.

Kainosh

It was somewhat ok with Operators....But Drifter's Voice Guy just doesn't make it sound right.   Sounds more like he tries to lift a 70kilo anvil instead of jumping.  

TBH, I never saw a person who goes vocal when jumping.  Its just not straining enough to squeeze that sound outta you...

i've always thought something more 'in the background' or 'subdued' like a quick Exhaling sound is more appropriate than some sort of scream of anguish. 
it's just a background sound anyways, it shouldn't be so aggressive that it attracts more mental attention than everything else.

9 hours ago, Kainosh said:

TBH, I never saw a person who goes vocal when jumping.  Its just not straining enough to squeeze that sound outta you...

Depends on the jump. If you're jumping as high/far as you can, there's going to be some exertion there (especially if it's during an extended period of physical activity). You try it at home, see how quiet you are when you jump over a metre into the air.

On 2021-12-19 at 3:17 PM, DoomFruit said:

There is, however, a HURP when The Quake Guy jumps.

Sonic and many other characters from lots of other games also have weird jump sounds.  Should Drifter make all of these to please all the "oldschool fanboys"?   

I think that "silent" is best, especially considering that there are 2 voice types, but "HNNG!" is same for both and doesn't fit Owl at all.   Recording new ones doesn't seem like a viable option either.

17 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Sonic and many other characters from lots of other games also have weird jump sounds.  Should Drifter make all of these to please all the "oldschool fanboys"?  

You say that in jest, but I'd actually quite like it if my small child made a "blooeep" noise when jumping.

Archived