Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna Standing

IanTay

Spoiler

Okay, we need to talk about the Fortuna Syndicate System. How could you go from the Cetus/Quills Standing System, to the Fortuna System, and then to the Deimos system. The Cetus/Quills and Family/Necramech systems are pretty well made, but you somehow severely butchered the Solaris United/Vox Solaris system by making everything RNG based for the resources needed to level up ones rank. Now the first two ranks aren't that bad cause you can get those debts relatively easily from Tinker. But Advances and Medical (and the fabled "Familiar") Debts, are so tedious to get to rank up. That and Toroids may not be linked to Bounties (other than the Heist), but they can be pretty aggravating to farm for. 

Over the course of 3 days, I've only gotten 4 Medical and 2 Advances from bounties, and Ticker has only sold Medical twice in that time, and Advances once in that time (Ticker was a good way to fix this, but then you made it also RNG Based. Adding more RNG to your RNG problem, does not fix the RNG Problem, it just adds more RNG, which was the problem to begin with). Cetus/Quills rank ups require things that are either really common to get, or have a guaranteed drop rate to achieve. The same can be said for the Family/Necramech Syndicate system. 

Please, just add a way to get Guaranteed Debts, or even make Ticker have a guaranteed Uncommon (Advances/Medical) and guaranteed Rare (Familiar) during every rotation, so it doesn't take weeks just to get the resources needed to rank up because you decided RNG was the best course of action. Sorry if this seems a bit antagonistic, I'm just really annoyed that you decided this was a good way to set things up because you had a good Syndicate System but a bad open world for Cetus, and now you have a good open world but a Bad Syndicate System for Fortuna. Deimos you managed to get things together, but you haven't really fixed previous issues.

Okay, everyone who brings up "Profit Taker" keeps forgetting that it can only be done AFTER you max out Solaris United, so you can farm Profit Taker and get those Debts AFTER you need them. After you rank up, they're practically useless aside from certain scenarios lol. (That is, unless they changed it and you can do Profit Taker before hand).

So for comparison let me use this. There's a single chest in a game, and all enemies have a 0.001% chance of dropping said key. Well when ya get the key and open the chest, all enemies now have a 10% chance of dropping said key. The keys can't be used for anything, since you already opened the chest. So they're just dead weight since they're practically useless other than being sold for dirt poor amounts of money.

1 hour ago, acevezwing said:

Profit Taker has guaranteed chance to drop Familial, Advances and Medical Debt Bonds.

That really doesn't help in ranking up with Solaris United as you can only access the back room bounties after you reach old Mate

Ticker having a certain number of guaranteed uncommon or rare bonds every rotation would help a lot.

Personally I felt Fortuna was better than Deimos and that was primarily due to ticker selling tokens for existing (stockpiled) resources rather than 'new' resources from cambrian drift.

Now I'm not saying Fortuna was perfect, it had some issues with unlocking levels due to the resources not dropping as easily as they should do and the requirement of being old mate.

@Bloxanity2816

You need to understand everything is RNG Based, from Tickers store, to what you get from Bounties. Just cause you were lucky and got the resources really easily, doesn't mean they're easy to get. Just today I had an All Common Debt from Ticker (All Trainer and Shelter Debts). They implemented Ticker to make it easier to get debts, but in the process made it more frustrating by making Ticker RNG.

56 minutes ago, IanTay said:

You need to understand everything is RNG Based, from Tickers store, to what you get from Bounties. Just cause you were lucky and got the resources really easily, doesn't mean they're easy to get. Just today I had an All Common Debt from Ticker (All Trainer and Shelter Debts). They implemented Ticker to make it easier to get debts, but in the process made it more frustrating by making Ticker RNG.

I believe I reported something of the sort from before the New War update and we're still waiting to see whether it's going to be addressed in some manner or not.  I know at this point spaghetti code is coming into play because shortly after hotfix 1 for New War, there was a sort of normalization going on and Ticker seems to have (momentarily) remedied itself.  But since the last hotfix, coupled with DE being on Holiday until the new year, it has once again become a more paltry show for Medical Debt Bonds in his offerings.  

7 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

I believe I reported something of the sort from before the New War update and we're still waiting to see whether it's going to be addressed in some manner or not.  I know at this point spaghetti code is coming into play because shortly after hotfix 1 for New War, there was a sort of normalization going on and Ticker seems to have (momentarily) remedied itself.  But since the last hotfix, coupled with DE being on Holiday until the new year, it has once again become a more paltry show for Medical Debt Bonds in his offerings.  

Ya, I haven't found ANY Medical Debt Bonds since New War (I did the Bond Testing for Ticker late November). So I can't really clarify if they did add any of these changes. I can confirm that I've been getting noticeably more Advances Debt-Bonds. It's almost like they've replaced Medical ENTIRELY. My guess is, like you said, spaghetti code is going all over the place lol.

4 hours ago, IanTay said:

Over the course of 3 days, I've only gotten 4 Medical and 2 Advances from bounties, and Ticker has only sold Medical twice in that time, and Advances once in that time (Ticker was a good way to fix this, but then you made it also RNG Based. Adding more RNG to your RNG problem, does not fix the RNG Problem, it just adds more RNG, which was the problem to begin with).

Can you be more specific? What stage of your playthrough are you at? What level are you at with SU? What tier of bounties are you comfortable doing? How many of them do you average per day (while farming the debt bonds)? Obviously, RNG will affect things (a lot), but we might be able to give better advice if we actually know the specifics of what you are looking at.

Also, if you don't yet have the 10 Familial bolds you'll need for rk5 - I would suggest you join a bunch of aya farming groups while Prime Resurgence is still on. The usual farm is about spamming rk5 bounties, so you should be able to pocket some familial bonds while you're at it

1 hour ago, IanTay said:

@Bloxanity2816

Pretty sure I remember DE fixing the 'rng' nature of ticker to ensure there was at least one of each option available per cycle.....  it might be bugged of course, it's warframe after all...

I can't remember when that was but all I know is that every time I've been to ticker I have been able to get at least one purchase of every type of bond.

To be honest, I could understand your issues with fortuna if you were after gyromags and the likes, the drop on them is absolutely dreadful, but levelling up with solaris united is not that bad.

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Pretty sure I remember DE fixing the 'rng' nature of ticker to ensure there was at least one of each option available per cycle.....

I can't remember when that was but all I know is that every time I've been to ticker I have been able to get at least one purchase of every type of bond.

I remember them talking about something like that last February, around the Valentines event. Although I'm not sure I've ever actually seen it work as you're describing - maybe it's not quite "per cycle"? That said, I don't think I've actually looked into it properly - I haven't really needed many bonds since I've finished levelling SU

46 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Pretty sure I remember DE fixing the 'rng' nature of ticker to ensure there was at least one of each option available per cycle.....  it might be bugged of course, it's warframe after all...

To be honest, I could understand your issues with fortuna if you were after gyromags and the likes, the drop on them is absolutely dreadful, but levelling up with solaris united is not that bad.

well it doesn't seem to be working if it was even added to the game and not simply discussed.

• 5 training and 10 shelter bond
  • 10 advanced bond
  • 7 training and 7 shelter bond
  • 7 training and 8 shelter bond
  • 5 training and 10 shelter bond

Those are the debt bonds up for me in fortuna right now

It's possible they cycle through all debt bonds in a 24 hour period but that's not really viable for players to be checking every x hours all day.

16 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Can you be more specific? What stage of your playthrough are you at? What level are you at with SU? What tier of bounties are you comfortable doing? How many of them do you average per day (while farming the debt bonds)? Obviously, RNG will affect things (a lot), but we might be able to give better advice if we actually know the specifics of what you are looking at.

Also, if you don't yet have the 10 Familial bolds you'll need for rk5 - I would suggest you join a bunch of aya farming groups while Prime Resurgence is still on. The usual farm is about spamming rk5 bounties, so you should be able to pocket some familial bonds while you're at it

MR 16, I'm able to do Steel Path Bounties, I just hit Tier 4 with SU yesterday. I've done around 20 Bounties a day (over the past couple days just to farm them), but starting yesterday I haven't touched any bounties and have just been waiting for Ticker to get the things I need. And no, they never fixed Ticker. They talked about it, but they never actually implemented it, unless they did and it just didn't work.

21 minutes ago, IanTay said:

MR 16, I'm able to do Steel Path Bounties, I just hit Tier 4 with SU yesterday. I've done around 20 Bounties a day (over the past couple days just to farm them), but starting yesterday I haven't touched any bounties and have just been waiting for Ticker to get the things I need. And no, they never fixed Ticker. They talked about it, but they never actually implemented it, unless they did and it just didn't work.

3 drops in 60 bounties is certainly rough - but not unheard of (RNG is RNG, and sometimes we all end up on the wrong side of the distribution). I guess the best course of action here would indeed be to switch to farming something else and to just check Ticker from time to time (ideally, every 8 hours - or at least twice a day). Oh, and don't forget that the Valentines "event" is coming up - it'll probably be based on Ticker's shop again, so

Although I do stand by the idea of joining some Aya farms to get a bunch of Familial bonds along with it (spamming a bounty in a group is less boring than doing it solo). Worst case scenario here would involve you getting a bunch of aya, endo and kuva - all three quite useful.

DE said they did something to Ticker's inventory in the Empyrean update (27.0, Dec. 2019 - I really thought they made changes later than that), but the update notes only say they did some "improvements" - so we will never really know what exactly they were fixing and what effect the fix had.

P.S.: If you are already farming railjack intrinsics - try to get Command to 10 sooner rather than later. That'll send you back to your old friend Ticker searching for elite crewmates (that you only get access to at Command 10). Getting the perfect ones is going to take some time (it took me around 3 months of semi-regular checking), each one can cost you around 5M credits if their syndicate currently hates you

22 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

3 drops in 60 bounties is certainly rough - but not unheard of (RNG is RNG, and sometimes we all end up on the wrong side of the distribution). I guess the best course of action here would indeed be to switch to farming something else and to just check Ticker from time to time (ideally, every 8 hours - or at least twice a day). Oh, and don't forget that the Valentines "event" is coming up - it'll probably be based on Ticker's shop again, so

Although I do stand by the idea of joining some Aya farms to get a bunch of Familial bonds along with it (spamming a bounty in a group is less boring than doing it solo). Worst case scenario here would involve you getting a bunch of aya, endo and kuva - all three quite useful.

DE said they did something to Ticker's inventory in the Empyrean update (27.0, Dec. 2019 - I really thought they made changes later than that), but the update notes only say they did some "improvements" - so we will never really know what exactly they were fixing and what effect the fix had.

P.S.: If you are already farming railjack intrinsics - try to get Command to 10 sooner rather than later. That'll send you back to your old friend Ticker searching for elite crewmates (that you only get access to at Command 10). Getting the perfect ones is going to take some time (it took me around 3 months of semi-regular checking), each one can cost you around 5M credits if their syndicate currently hates you

Luckily for me I'm only hated by one Syndicate, that and I'm Intrinsic 9 for Command. And ya those reworks were supposedly that Ticker would ALWAYS have an Uncommon or Rare Debt (So Ticker would always have one debt that included Advances, Medical, or Familiar) but my guess is that they screwed it up, or they just never really did it.

On 2021-12-29 at 9:02 PM, IanTay said:

(Ticker was a good way to fix this, but then you made it also RNG Based. Adding more RNG to your RNG problem, does not fix the RNG Problem, it just adds more RNG, which was the problem to begin with)

Sometimes I go crazy explaining this to someone because it feels like I'm explaining why Water is Wet... 😐

On 2021-12-29 at 9:42 PM, acevezwing said:

Profit Taker has guaranteed chance to drop Familial, Advances and Medical Debt Bonds.

Can someone else explain the problem here... I feel I don't have The Patience Anymore...

On 2021-12-29 at 10:53 PM, Drasiel said:

That really doesn't help in ranking up with Solaris United as you can only access the back room bounties after you reach old Mate

Ticker having a certain number of guaranteed uncommon or rare bonds every rotation would help a lot.

Thank You ♥️ !!!

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Sometimes I go crazy explaining this to someone because it feels like I'm explaining why Water is Wet... 😐

Can someone else explain the problem here... I feel I don't have The Patience Anymore...

Thank You ♥️ !!!

No problem xD

Archived