Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A reminder to 'manually' claim Twitch drops and quickly, otherwise you get nothing.

TheArcSet

Question

5 answers to this question

yes.

that's how twitch works, it has been like that for years now.

with the consistently surprising amount of people who have problem with twitch drops, i wonder if technology have become too user friendly, people just take things for granted and never bother to learn how a software works nowadays...

or probably i'm just old. i came from a generation when software came with thick instruction manuals and actual trainings that teach people how to use them.

11 hours ago, Soy77 said:

yes.

with the consistently surprising amount of people who have problem with twitch drops, i wonder if technology have become too user friendly, people just take things for granted and never bother to learn how a software works nowadays...

or probably i'm just old. i came from a generation when software came with thick instruction manuals and actual trainings that teach people how to use them.

I mean, a lot of people were caught out last year when it changed to this system.

People just noticed that we were no longer getting any drops and assumed it was yet another bug, like all the previous times.

With the stream hiatus, I reverted to habits of the older system.

15 hours ago, TheArcSet said:

I mean, a lot of people were caught out last year when it changed to this system.

People just noticed that we were no longer getting any drops and assumed it was yet another bug, like all the previous times.

With the stream hiatus, I reverted to habits of the older system.

Yeah both warframe AND twitch are two softwares pretty notorious for instability.

Not blaming you or anything, btw. Just an old man chirpin like old man does.

On 2022-02-04 at 3:20 AM, Soy77 said:

yes.

None of that makes this a well-designed system.  It's not user friendly at all to block you off from the second drop unless you're treating the twitch stream like some kind of minigame where you have to have your reflexes tested on claiming the damn drop.

And as someone that can't watch the streams anymore because of the schedule changes, the tired old argument of "just leave it running" no longer applies, since leaving it running results in the issue OP is addressing.

Archived