Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Amp builds] Propa scaffold no longer crits?

Tholkemosad

Question

Greetings fellow Tenno's,

So I have been looking at Amp builds on the internet, and have now build a recommended x77. But the weird thing is - My Propa Scaffold doesn't seem to be able to crit at all? Did DE nerf it or what happened here? I am really curious, because even guides with updates up till december 2021 recommended propa scaffold for its high crit chance, and on the fandom page it still indicates it has a crit chance, so yeah, it seems really sudden.

Hope we can get to the bottom of this mystery, 'cause I am dumbfounded.

Sincerely,

A fellow Tenno

9 hours ago, Tholkemosad said:

recommended propa scaffold for its high crit chance, and on the fandom page it still indicates it has a crit chance

I'm a bit confused, you kinda make it sound like you can't simply see the Crit Chance stat on the weapon (which you should be able to).*

Or if you can, what's it at?

Did you gild your Amp yet, to increase the stats, including CC?

Did you indeed use the "7" Brace, i.e. Certus?

... uh, okay, on that first point, checking in-game, it appears that the stats info (only) for the Propa,
both on the Amp Assembly screen and when in the "Operator Arsenal", hides the Crit / Status info for the Scaffold now, lol wut.

Though testing it out in a random (Solo) mission, nah my 177 Amp does still crit well enough, so it's only a stat screen error it seems.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

I'm a bit confused, you kinda make it sound like you can't simply see the Crit Chance stat on the weapon (which you should be able to).*

Or if you can, what's it at?

Did you gild your Amp yet, to increase the stats, including CC?

Did you indeed use the "7" Brace, i.e. Certus?

... uh, okay, on that first point, checking in-game, it appears that the stats info (only) for the Propa,
both on the Amp Assembly screen and when in the "Operator Arsenal", hides the Crit / Status info for the Scaffold now, lol wut.

Though testing it out in a random (Solo) mission, nah my 177 Amp does still crit well enough, so it's only a stat screen error it seems.

tHT0zmo.png?1
Yeah, sorry about not clarifying that, I took a screenshot of the issue, where I am changing from my 123 amp to my 777 amp(not yet gilded, but still relevant), as you can see secondary has 0 crit chance and 0 crit multiplier, and 0 status chance (Which alas is the case with the Propa Scaffold), according to the information shown on screen.
But by the sounds of it, I should rather post it as a visual bug report in the appropriate forum, or are any of you guys on the design counsel? 

Thanks for checking up on it, I thought the integrity of my game files were bugged,
Sincerely,
A fellow Tenno

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

That appears to be the Case for alot of AoE Weapons lately 🤔...

I first noticed it on Sancti Castanas...

1 hour ago, Tholkemosad said:

tHT0zmo.png?1
Yeah, sorry about not clarifying that, I took a screenshot of the issue, where I am changing from my 123 amp to my 777 amp(not yet gilded, but still relevant), as you can see secondary has 0 crit chance and 0 crit multiplier, and 0 status chance (Which alas is the case with the Propa Scaffold), according to the information shown on screen.
But by the sounds of it, I should rather post it as a visual bug report in the appropriate forum, or are any of you guys on the design counsel? 

Thanks for checking up on it, I thought the integrity of my game files were bugged,
Sincerely,
A fellow Tenno

Ahhhh that Explains it....

It only says Zero because the trying to Compare it to something that isn't There....

If you select your Propa Amp on its own it won't say Zero.... It should Hide all those Stats all together.... 👀

I wonder if it's Related to this specific Bug I found in Fortuna...

Only Click if you Completed The New War....

As you can see... My Spoiler Mode is some how Weilding a Non-Existent Kogake.... 👀

16 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

my gilded Amps don't have any Crit / Status entries there.

hmmmm

i think i remember hearing about some other Weapons that with the Arsenal UI changes don't list some of their Stats anymore too.
so i guess then is it just a UI Bug or do the Weapons actually not work right.

On 2022-02-04 at 9:47 PM, Lutesque said:

I'm confused on what people Use The 1 Prism For in Eidolon Hunts... ? 🤔

Raplak prism has the highest crit chance for a single shot in all the prisms. And since crit is king in eidolons, it's a bit more reliable than propa, but it does a bit less damage. So you need to stack void strike higher before you start using it. 

2 hours ago, --ZeRo-- said:

It is, everything I've said has virtuous shadow taken into account. With shadow active, raplak has about 93% and propa has 80%. It's a noticable difference.

Yeah no it really isn't.... 👀

All this info is coming from personal experience, I have around 2000 hydrolysts captures and used to do 6x3s consistently.

I'm speaking from Personal Experience too.... 80% may not be as high as 93%.... But it's Good Enough especially if I'm not The Only One Firing....

What are The Odds that 3 Propa Users are Not Going to Crit ? 

If you're doing eidolons purely for fun and don't really care about being fast, then you can use pretty much whatever you want and these stats won't really matter.

I can assure you I do not Find them Fun.... 😐

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Is it Abit Less Damage.... Or Alot Less Damage 🤔 ?

It's a fair bit less damage. Raplak requires around double the void strike stacks, but that's not saying much since it's still not really that high, fairly easy for a skilled hunter to get by staying in void mode as much as possible or a new hunter who has nothing else to do other than sit and charge. 

To oneshot a hydrolyst shield(with unairu wisp and a volt shield):

Raplak needs 10.44x vs and propa needs 4.53x

Only reason raplak is better is because it has much better crit chance, and if you don't crit you barely do any damage at all. 

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Is it Abit Less Damage.... Or Alot Less Damage 🤔 ?

It's a fair bit less damage. Raplak requires around double the void strike stacks, but that's not saying much since it's still not really that high, fairly easy for a skilled hunter to get by staying in void mode as much as possible or a new hunter who has nothing else to do other than sit and charge. 

Only reason raplak is better is because it has much better crit chance, and if you don't crit you barely do any damage at all. 

16 hours ago, --ZeRo-- said:

If that's the case then you can pretty much Ignore The Prism Can't You ? 👀

13 hours ago, taiiat said:

and not having to time anything, just shoot it when the Shield Phase starts.

I never Shoot if Virtuos Shadow doesn't Proc..... 😱

14 hours ago, taiiat said:

and not having to time anything, just shoot it when the Shield Phase starts.

If you're speedrunning then you would have to time it. Due to ping differences between host and client, you can shoot right before shields come up and still hit for a perfect break. Time too early and you hit a 0.

If you're speedrunning then you would have to time it. Due to ping differences between host and client, you can shoot right before shields come up and still hit for a perfect break. Time too early and you hit a 0.

these few sentences kinda contradict themselves - trying to perform time travel rather than shooting when the Phase flashes, is asking for your own trouble.

19 hours ago, taiiat said:

these few sentences kinda contradict themselves - trying to perform time travel rather than shooting when the Phase flashes, is asking for your own trouble.

As I said, it's for speedrunning when you're trying to go as fast as physically possible. Getting perfect shield breaks are a part of that. If you're not going for pure speed then yes, you can just wait until you see the shields come up.

23 hours ago, Lutesque said:

If that's the case then you can pretty much Ignore The Prism Can't You ? 👀

No, you're going for the most consistent crits possible. If you don't crit, you don't oneshot the shield and propa is far less likely to crit than raplak. 

If you want something that's more consistent but slower, you can use 777 with unairu wisp and virtuous strike.

7 hours ago, --ZeRo-- said:

No, you're going for the most consistent crits possible. If you don't crit, you don't oneshot the shield and propa is far less likely to crit than raplak.

If you're not using Virtuos Shadow... Then yes....

If you are Using Virtuos Shadow... Then the Gap isn't so Wide.... 👀

7 hours ago, --ZeRo-- said:

If you want something that's more consistent but slower, you can use 777 with unairu wisp and virtuous strike.

I like this Set Up... It's extremely Comfortable to Use... ♥️ !!!

On 2022-02-08 at 11:58 PM, Lutesque said:

If you're not using Virtuos Shadow... Then yes....

If you are Using Virtuos Shadow... Then the Gap isn't so Wide.... 👀

It is, everything I've said has virtuous shadow taken into account. With shadow active, raplak has about 93% and propa has 80%. It's a noticable difference.

Propa still has a decent chance to not crit and crits determine whether or not the shield breaks.

All this info is coming from personal experience, I have around 2000 hydrolysts captures and used to do 6x3s consistently.

If you're doing eidolons purely for fun and don't really care about being fast, then you can use pretty much whatever you want and these stats won't really matter.

Archived