Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank you for the Orb Vallis conservation changes!

sunderthefirmament

When conservation first arrived with the Fortuna update, I completely ignored it.  When it was made a requirement for NW, I grumbled to myself and learned how to do it effectively enough to get the NW ranks I wanted.   When it was made mandatory to progress in Deimos, I was initially annoyed... but then found myself legitimately enjoying it.  Why?  Because Deimos conservation features free roaming animals that I can just happen upon while out doing other things.  No more need to follow footprints that blend in with the terrain and dodge poop so toxic that it can somehow damage a hyper-advanced war machine. 

Deimos was the first open world zone that actually felt like an open world zone.  It was the first time in my Warframe open world career where I felt the slightest glimmer of the exploration urge that I get when playing Breath of the Wild.

And now serendipitous conservation has been added to Orb Vallis.  The conservation NW challenge used to be a slog, pursuing bright footprints over an almost equally bright landscape of snow.  But this time it was fun.  Thanks for the change to Orb Vallis conservation.

Plains of Eidolon also had free roaming animals. I don't really get why they left them out from Vallis if other two has them? 

I never bothered doing it on Vallis not even for NW. Tried couple times but always somehow animal fleed right away. 

Really happy for the change too now I have captured many creatures and has fun doing it. these especially are cute. 

BTrZfop.jpeg

2 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

I don't really get why they left them out from Vallis if other two has them? 

They had to experiement and learn as they made each open world.   They made PoE first with no animal tags/floofs.  (it had condrocs and rats but you could only kill them)   Then they made Orb Vallis and added conservation to an open world.  They created the poop mechanics and gave animals tags and floofs.   Then they went back and tried to apply the stuff they learned making OV to revamp PoE a little bit.   This included giving the og animals tags and floofs and allowing u to hunt them and adding other animals, and this is when they decided just to have the animals running around(Basically because of Vasca Kavats).   THEN came cambion drift,  people who enjoyed conservation said how much cooler it was to hunt animals organically on PoE and DE must have agreed because we got animals in the open again.   Then they finally came back and added them to OV.      It was a process.  

Both methods have their uses.   

For standing farming or hunting specific animals you cant beat the poop method.   

If you just doing NW or taking a break from whatever you cant beat organic hunting. 

----------------------------------------------

Conservation is almost perfect....

• Sawgaws can be hunted but they are also still busted.   They need an overhaul.   When they land, they slide... and if you shoot them during that they are immune to damage and drop in quality.
  • Tranq rifle needs SOMETHING to indicate the direction of the nearest animal.   Spinning around looking for tiny highlights and listening to stupid beeping is nothing like what hunting should be lol.   For most people... SOUND is a 2d experience in video games.  It gives absolutely no sense of direction if you have animals making noise or stupid beeping going on...   (just add arrows to the tranq UI or like the mining tools... add a simple range indicator to the tranq rifle so you know if your getting closer or farther away..  that lets find ore spots incredibly easy and would be great for tranq).  
  • Add a "Shot by ___________ " line to animal descriptions lol.   Then we could compete with friends/randoms. 

Although I do like animals making noise to let you know they are in the area.  I definately notice that.  I could probably tell you the kind of animal it is by the sound lol. 

Crazy idea tho....   Make tranq gun only available to operators.   Add some various levels of ghillie net suits for the different environments to let us blend in/be camoflagued.   Animal vs animal!! 

Crazy idea part 2.   Let the tranq rifle use sniper skins...  I NEED my tranq rifle to be a Komorex!!!!!!

On 2022-02-13 at 9:39 AM, sunderthefirmament said:

Because Deimos conservation features free roaming animals that I can just happen upon

^^^

This is the type of content i like too. Content that just blends well together with what you are already used to doing, while remaing completely optional and not over powering your warframe experience

It'd be even better if you could stumble across more rare animals too imo. Ones that not everybody has because they are so rare.

What i like about it being this way is that it lessins that feeling of boredom you get from Expectation. You know, like when you have watched your favorite movie a 3rd time but you for some reason that 4th time you cant watch that movie again because of expectation or knowing what will happen next?

I think warframe would be even more of a marvelous game if it added more surprises like this that keep you on the edge of your seat when joining a mission. Not ones that Forcefully slowdown your mission progress obviously, optional objective surprises like passing by some super rare pet while you are killing enemies that you can tame and show off to your friends or give to a friend (or sell in trade chat), or passing by a spy vault that you can complete for some delicious endo. 

Maybe even find new rare crew members that you can choose to rescue and add them to your railjack crew or special specters that you can use in any mission akin to clem.

Love it

Archived