Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Treasure Hunt

Fitzgibbon

I have attempted the Treasure Hunt given by Maroo twice, and both times I failed because of the incredibly tight and unforgiving timing/layouts of the final section. Considering that this is 45+ minutes into an extraordinarily long level, I am loath to try them again because the loss is just too extreme, and the nullification of ANY payout on failure of these sections is just too much. At least I got some decent scans out of them.

That's kinda the point of them.....They are a challenge the first few times you do them, but you'll eventually learn the tricks and layout and be able to do it easily.  Some frames can make them even easier.  If you have access to the Void and Demos, you can often find the rooms and practice them (there won't be a statue in those though), which helps.

But my main tip is not to bother with any exploring/looting/killing until you've successfully done the treasure - just speedrun your way there, then go back to loot after if you want.  That way you're not wasting time if you fail.

I’d agree with @0bsi; bullet jump can be your friend to get to the objective of the mission, the Treasure. You may have to stop and fight a few times if enemies block your path and you can’t safely get past them, but for the most part getting to the treasure room for practice and Ayatan is priority until you get more comfortable and feel more confident. Killing for EXP and resources or exploring for scannables can come later or will naturally happen in other missions

edit: That’s not to say rush all the time; just enough to get some practice in and build up confidence

44 minutes ago, Fitzgibbon said:

45+ minutes

Wait, what? I never usually take more than 10 min on one of those.

That being said the best thing is to cheese the timed rooms. Any flying / teleporting frome should do it. Wukong is obviously best here, but others can do it. Also, bring an ignis for infested and you dont have to take the time to aim.

1 hour ago, Fitzgibbon said:

Considering that this is 45+ minutes into an extraordinarily long level

They should not take even close to that. I would say 15 minutes tops. How are you managing to take so long? Just run to the objective do it, then leave (do whatever on the way out). If you are having this much trouble I would suggest either spending some time practicing on her missions or getting a friend/anybody to taxi you through it.

4 hours ago, Fitzgibbon said:

I have attempted the Treasure Hunt given by Maroo twice, and both times I failed because of the incredibly tight and unforgiving timing/layouts of the final section. Considering that this is 45+ minutes into an extraordinarily long level, I am loath to try them again because the loss is just too extreme, and the nullification of ANY payout on failure of these sections is just too much. At least I got some decent scans out of them.

If I recall, there are three challenge rooms that are being used for Maroo's weekly Ayatan runs...  1 in the Orokin Derelict (now Deimos) and 3 in the Orokin Tower (now Void). 

Finding them in both tile sets is relatively easy if you don't mind a little bit of strip mining for the materials that are on those maps (namely Ferrite, Argon Crystals, Control Modules, Rubedo (for Orokin Tower), as well as Mutagen Samples, Nano Spores and Orokin Cells (for Orokin Derelict).  There you can practice them to your heart's content so that when the Sunday reset comes along you can cheese it....

...or...

you can recruit someone to help you with doing it because of your dislike for looking and learning them on your own.  

Either way, I'm rather surprised to hear that they take 45 minutes for you given that I can strip mine the maps and it still only takes me no more than 20 - 30 minutes to leave the map bare of any materials it had to offer.  Even when it's not a weekly Ayatan Run 

5 hours ago, Fitzgibbon said:

Very different from the act of rushing "start -> objective -> extraction", right?

... Look, there are no places in the game that have "incredibly tight and unforgiving timing/layouts"... Like, anywhere, for real... Most players that follow the rule I mentioned above find difficulties in the easiest of things.

Seriously, even Spy vaults are easy to do without a cheesing approach...

Practical example... Derelict hidden rooms can be cleared with 3 bullet jumps, avoiding any laser along the way.

Hidden room paths, in both Derelicts and Void Towers, were made for an old movement method (Parkour 1.0) that had a stamina bar and no bullet jump actions.

"But we had coptering!" shouted by someone hiding inside a closet with a clearly distorted self-imposed female voice in a vain attempt to divert attention from that very same closet...

... Yeah, I'm not talking about any potential exploits that the old movement method may have had... We also had mopping!... But it was equally stupid...

Anyway, keep trying. Learning is part of the entire process.

Archived