Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Passive Invisibility when fishing or mining

Fishing - Ivara (or loki), stays invisible except when throwing the bait and highlight stuff.

Mining - Ivara (again) + sunpoint mining tool and Sunpoint Plasma Drill Silencer Widget.... invisible and silent mining (except to infested during their plague for some reason).

Basically it's no different to the 'gathering classes' of ffxiv, you just need to set up your mining/fishing build accordingly. 

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Ivara stays invisible entirely when fishing. Guessing Loki's invisibility isn't as complete as Ivara's?

Not sure about Loki, although I'd assume Loki would lose invisibility when the timer runs out like normal.  I use high efficiency build on Ivara to minimise drain on energy and to keep invisiblity for as long as possible.  Ivara (and the fish) stays invisible even in the cut scene after catching a fish.  I use the same build for fishing, mining and animal conservation (sleep arrow) - it's basically my 'open world farming build' but it's not much different to my normal build for spy vaults in all honesty.

The only time Ivara isn't invisible is when you throw in some bait, the pharoma or the luminous dye stuff and that is just an 'on/off/on' type of thing during the throw animation.  Not sure why it does it seeing as it would be silent but this is warframe so it's one of the little quirks we learn to live with lol.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Not sure about Loki, I use high efficiency Ivara so it stays invisible for as long as possible and Ivara (and the fish) is invisible even in the cut scene after catching a fish.  I use the same build for fishing, mining and conservation of animals (sleep arrow) - it's basically my 'open world farming build' but it's not much different to my normal build for spy vaults.

The only time Ivara isn't invisible is when you throw in some bait, the pharoma or the luminous dye stuff and that is just an 'on/off/on' type of thing during the throw animation.  Not sure why it does it seeing as it would be silent but this is warframe so it's one of the little quirks we learn to live with lol.

Nope, she is invisible when throwing in bait. She doesn't exit at any time. I've never had her exit at all when throwing bait.

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Nope, she is invisible when throwing in bait. She doesn't exit at any time. I've never had her exit at all when throwing bait.

That's weird because mine doesn't stay invisible when she throws bait, and I literally just went and double checked this.... maybe it's a pc versus xbox thing, I'm using PC.

This is how I tested....

I went into PoE, slung on some energy quickly.... jumped into my archwing and flew to the sea on right side of the map. 

Went invisible, loaded fishing spear via gear wheel, all stayed invisible.

Pressed 2 to throw bait, as the bait was thrown my invisibility stopped during the throw animation with invisibility returning after the throw animation was done.  I even got the 'ding' for the bait and the invisibility 'woosh' noises. 

Tried again but with 3 for dye, and the exact same thing happened.

Outside of the throw animation during fishing I was invisible no matter what I did (I had silent weapons on)

I see no necessity for Invisibility wile Fishing/Mining, there are proper Fishing sites where enemies wont bother you, just a matter of knowing them.

I played through Plains, Vallis and Cambrian Drift, very rarely have i had issues with enemies bothering me and it doesnt hurt pressing F to switch to some range weapon, killing them and switching back to my fishing spear.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Dragon_bane_909 said:

like in ffxiv their gathering classes have an ability called stealth that lets you gather in peace without getting attacked every 5 mins sometimes every 2 secs.

I cant take comparisons with FF seriously, for me its a franchise that should have died long ago and i really hate the Japonese/Anime styled characters/grafics.

Also, every other MMO has some form of danger near resourceful areas which players have to either fight or avoid, why should Warframe make it any easier?

My comparison with ff wasn’t based off graphics, but rather its systems, but tis topic will go both ways, some have found solutions using the stealth frames, but not everyone uses them. I did tink about doing just that, but my line of thought was more for the sake of convenience, and for ppl that don’t want to invest their time into another frame, it would be a simple matter to make a mod for your wrist tingy or add widgets, that give gather buffs ect which regenerating_degenerate thought of.

• 6 months later...

I see some comments saying there is always a safe fishing zone, and many saying Ivari is always invisible while fishing. This doesn't hold accurate on the Cambion Drift. While visually, Ivara remains invisible to us, the players of the game, the AI of the creatures in the Cambion Drift can see Ivara for 2 seconds whenever Ivara throws her spear to fish, even while  still invisible. The creatures always show up after throwing the spear to fish a few times, and whenever you throw your spear, they can see you and attack, especially the flying ones that shoot at you. Every time I throw my spear while invisible, I get shot at a few times by the fliers for 2 seconds, and then they can't see me again. The damage is negligible but it's still an annoying bug to always be targeted while fishing, even while still invisible, by creatures that just spawn on site after a few spear throws to block your view by crowding the screen and shooting at you when you try to catch a fish.

On 2022-03-16 at 12:13 AM, LSG501 said:

Not sure why it does it seeing as it would be silent

i assume they literally just copied weapon shooting code as a base and went from there, but forgot to toggle an "is silent" check, so the game ends up thinking that you're using an unsilenced weapon when you throw the bait.

On 2022-03-15 at 9:54 PM, (PSN)Dragon_bane_909 said:

A passive ability that makes you invisible while gathering ie fishing or mining, it’s kinda annoying when trying to get mats, like in ffxiv their gathering classes have an ability called stealth that lets you gather in peace without getting attacked every 5 mins sometimes every 2 secs.

No. I am completely against.  It is easy to fish even in steelpath.

Archived