Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Diona : Carnivorous Plant Frame

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

Concept:

Diona (named is derived from Dionaea for the species of Venus fly traps)  (see credits) 

• The frames concept was derived from several species of carnivorous/parasitic plants 
  • The powers of this frame are designed around the themes of the plants she was based on, which I did research and even now have ordered some for my own garden to grow.

Powers: (PH) 

Spoiler

Passive: Corpse Flower 

• enemies' corpses near Diona have a chance to grow a parasitic flower that drops a energy and health orbs 

1: Seed Bombs-single hand cast

• Button Tap: throws out seeds that explode and can reduce base armor , deals blast and impact 
  • Button Hold  charge up seeds to increase blast radius and damage 
  • 10% chance to cause confusion 

2: Parasitic Growth -3 types of seeds to choose from (tap cycle, hold cast system like quiver or vauban traps) 

1. Tangle Leech - releases seeds that bind to targets reducing their movements and sapping health in % ticks and granting nearby allies hp regeneration.
  2. Sticky Buds - releases seeds on the ground to grow a long wide sundew like plants that can be placed on any surface. the plants release a dewy glue substance that binds to enemies who touch them, and the tendrils will curl around them holding them in place [ deals corrosive damage] as duration gets lower the size of the plant will shrink, and enemies can free themself, small chance to disarm and eat the guns of foes, and produce ammo drops. allies can shoot the enemies bound by the glue or plants. 
  3. Acid Pitcher - releases seeds that grow vines, from these vines large pitchers grow. pitcher count is dependent on power strength, each pitcher will attract an enemy to it, and will actively spray nearby enemies. dealing corrosive damage, and if enemies are slain nearby, a pitcher has a chance to spit out an energy orb

Synergy: enemies damaged by seed bomb take extra damage by parasitic growth plants 

3: Carnivorous:

• place up to 2, large venus like fly trap like growths, on any surface.
  • hp of plants is derived from initial damage dealt to them after 3 seconds , if not a base hp is placed 
  • These plants will actively produce a cloud of poisonous gas around them,
  • also releasing a pool of acidic water for them to grow in)
  • (gas and corrosive damage)
  • causes enemy agro towards the plants
  • enemies that damage these plants will be bitten and latched onto dealing puncture damage

Synergy: when near active Natures Wrath, the range is expanded

4: Natures Wrath

• Diona stabs the ground with her arm vines  and creates a barrier of thorns and vines around herself for a short duration
  • the vines will grow, and seek out nearby enemies to grab, stab, slash and skewer 
  • enemies that shoot the barrier cause the plant growths to release toxic gas damage (gas with toxin intermixed)

Side Notes:

Spoiler
  • Diona was based on an older frame I designed when I 1st started warframe,  called natura
  • At the time I created natura the predecessor to Diona , was a bit after mr.pigman created flora and she was a big inspiration to the plant frame theme, but I wanted to try my own spin on the concept. 
  • truthfully, I have a fear of these plant types , and after researching, I got really into them, i even have some special ordered now to hopefully try to grow them in my garden , these were the ones I used as references that could grow in my climate zone (2 weeks out in shipping though.. so im still waiting) 
  • the art is derived from cobra lilies nepenthes, other various pitcher plants, sundews, flytraps , butterworts 
  • power 2. are based on dodder parasitic vines, sundews and nepenthes

See the source image

See the source image

• See the source image

Credits: 

Spoiler

big thanks to 

• @ Anavi_Ivy (for their support and help in colors and feedback ) 
  • @ _arch111 ( for creating a base 3d model and even rigging it) 
  • @ Deshielll (for input and feedback and original ph name suggestion Scovilla) 
  • @ flauschiger_fic (for name suggestion based on fly traps) 

Art: 

Art Archive: 

Spoiler

FPRxw5dUcAEcpWG?format=jpg&name=large

Full art size 

drew this as someone when showing wip asked if her and nidus could be friends 

WIP art collection

my original art design years ago natura

Fan art: 

Alt helm designed By @ anvi_ivy 

3D model by arch111 

(even made a animation) 

I see on the animation a minor issue but otherwise nice work from Arch111. The concept of the frame is nit bad but I fell love with Flora the another plant based warframe because that is so much natural. The 3d model here is nice and almost all parts seems natural but the helmet is not my like. I like however the fact it is not symmetrical becuse this fits better to her. I personally would not mind if this frame being added sometime, we really miss a warframe with plant-nature theme. Especially if you consider there is Plains and they reworked Earth to be more green. 

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

• enemies' corpses near Diona have a chance to grow a parasitic flower that drops a energy and health orbs

Interesting and quite good. 

Had a similar idea where I defines my plant frame a whilst ago

: Seed Bomb & Thorn Strike

• Seed Bomb/ Button tap /single hand cast: throws out seeds that explode and can reduce base armor , deals blast and impact 
  • Thorn Strike /button hold: swings her arm vines like a whip side to side to knock enemies down and away, deals toxic and slash 

A bit off an odd Ball skill. It's just a bit weir d to group a  grenade and a whole lash on the same skill. Maybe tap for sweaping attack and hold for thr whip lash causing a nasty 

So both sides of the skill would feel more related

Parasitic Growth -3 types of seeds to choose from

1. Tangle Leech - releases seeds that bind to targets reducing their movements and sapping health in % ticks and granting nearby allies hp regeneration.
  2. Sticky Buds - releases seeds on the ground to grow a long wide sundew like plants that can be placed on any surface. the plants release a dewy glue substance that binds to enemies who touch them, and the tendrils will curl around them holding them in place [ deals corrosive damage] as duration gets lower the size of the plant will shrink, and enemies can free themself, small chance to disarm and eat the guns of foes, and produce ammo drops.
  3. Acid Pitcher - releases seeds that grow vines, from these vines large pitchers grow. pitcher count is dependent on power strength, each pitcher will actively grab 1 enemy nearby and hold them dealing corrosive damage, and if enemies are slain inside pitcher will spit out an energy orb,( allies can shoot the pitchers to direct damage to the enemy inside )

• place up to 2, large venus like fly trap growths, on any surface.
  • hp of plants is derived from initial damage dealt to them after 3 seconds , if not a base hp is placed 
  • enemies that damage these plants will be bitten and latched onto dealing puncture damag

I really feel like all these effects should be streamlined and placen the same toolbox kind off skill

Natures Wrath

• Diona stabs the ground with her arm vines  and creates a barrier of thorns and vines around herself for a short duration
  • the vines will grow, and seek out nearby enemies to grab, stab, slash and skewer 
  • enemies that shoot the barrier cause the plant growths to release toxic gas damage (gas with toxin intermixed)

It's hard to say if this skill is good or bad because it can be either a worse version of widroid 4th or a better version of khorra 4h

Th 

Overall , A+ on the effort , the skill desing can use some streamlining. My only suggestion is add a new 3 the allow her to serve as bait for her own trap ( some effect like Octavia 2 so she can force enemies to fallow into her traps )

I really like the idea off a plant frame, even did my own a while ago 

11 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

I see on the animation a minor issue but otherwise nice work from Arch111. The concept of the frame is nit bad but I fell love with Flora the another plant based warframe because that is so much natural. The 3d model here is nice and almost all parts seems natural but the helmet is not my like. I like however the fact it is not symmetrical becuse this fits better to her. I personally would not mind if this frame being added sometime, we really miss a warframe with plant-nature theme. Especially if you consider there is Plains and they reworked Earth to be more green. 

makes sense , arch said this was a new thing they were trying for fun and was suprised the rigging for the animation came out, it wasnt a planned one just one did for fun/practive on their part 

really wanted a nature /plant themed frame to someday make it into the game,

as for the helm @ Anavi_Ivy did do an alt helm design as fan art

4 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Interesting and quite good. 

Had a similar idea where I defines my plant frame a whilst ago

A bit off an odd Ball skill. It's just a bit weir d to group a  grenade and a whole lash on the same skill. Maybe tap for sweaping attack and hold for thr whip lash causing a nasty 

So both sides of the skill would feel more related

I really feel like all these effects should be streamlined and placen the same toolbox kind off skill

It's hard to say if this skill is good or bad because it can be either a worse version of widroid 4th or a better version of khorra 4h

Th 

Overall , A+ on the effort , the skill desing can use some streamlining. My only suggestion is add a new 3 the allow her to serve as bait for her own trap ( some effect like Octavia 2 so she can force enemies to fallow into her traps )

I really like the idea off a plant frame, even did my own a while ago 

for the 1st power i wanted to have a variation and not use a bullwhip to be a copy cat off khora so a side sweep to get enemies away from her seemed nice for a tactical reason, the seed bomb was a simple and the original design, as when i was creating the art i decided to use tendrils and thorn vines for part of the design i wanted to incorporate them as a added benefit so they were not just for her 4 , i could also add it into her 4 as a tap/hold system *shrugs* 

the seeds are ina cycle system akin to ivara quiver, titania spell, Vauban traps , so you can cycle between and spawn various plants around you, i would think a total cap should be done else it will get crazy jungle of death like though xD

the 4 is both defensive and offensive and gas toxic can be pretty fun together  , and for attraction she can place the plants on any surface so why not herself or allies ^_^ , i think it be hilarious to see someones frame growing some plants off it and luring enemies ot them, but the point of the fly trap was to have a spot that could do that to keep enemies off her, i imagined her to be a very active frame constantly sewing new plants around her and causing confusion and using her 44 to protect herself when she was in trouble 

overall its a concept for fun 

1 hour ago, keikogi said:
2 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

Parasitic Growth -3 types of seeds to choose from

2. Sticky Buds - releases seeds on the ground to grow a long wide sundew like plants that can be placed on any surface. the plants release a dewy glue substance that binds to enemies who touch them, and the tendrils will curl around them holding them in place [ deals corrosive damage] as duration gets lower the size of the plant will shrink, and enemies can free themself, small chance to disarm and eat the guns of foes, and produce ammo drops.
  3. Acid Pitcher - releases seeds that grow vines, from these vines large pitchers grow. pitcher count is dependent on power strength, each pitcher will actively grab 1 enemy nearby and hold them dealing corrosive damage, and if enemies are slain inside pitcher will spit out an energy orb,( allies can shoot the pitchers to direct damage to the enemy inside )

• enemies that damage these plants will be bitten and latched onto dealing puncture damag
Expand  

This.  As it stands this would be the ability I would be most concerned about. 

I say combine the first two versions into one.  As tossing the seeds would have a slightly different effect depending on surface. 

With the third either being augment potential or a synergy of activating the skill within the influence of 3rd or 4th ability. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

Concept:

Diona (named is derived from Dionaea for the species of Venus fly traps)  (see credits) 

• The frames concept was derived from several species of carnivorous/parasitic plants 
  • The powers of this frame are designed around the themes of the plants she was based on, which I did research and even now have ordered some for my own garden to grow.

Hide contents

1: Seed Bomb & Thorn Strike

• Seed Bomb/ Button tap /single hand cast: throws out seeds that explode and can reduce base armor , deals blast and impact 
  • Thorn Strike /button hold: swings her arm vines like a whip side to side to knock enemies down and away, deals toxic and slash 

2: Parasitic Growth -3 types of seeds to choose from (tap cycle, hold cast system like quiver or vauban traps) 

• enemies that damage these plants will be bitten and latched onto dealing puncture damage

Side Notes:

Hide contents
  • Diona was based on an older frame I designed when I 1st started warframe,  called natura
  • At the time I created natura the predecessor to Diona , was a bit after mr.pigman created flora and she was a big inspiration to the plant frame theme, but I wanted to try my own spin on the concept. 
  • truthfully, I have a fear of these plant types , and after researching, I got really into them, i even have some special ordered now to hopefully try to grow them in my garden , these were the ones I used as references that could grow in my climate zone (2 weeks out in shipping though.. so im still waiting) 
  • the art is derived from cobra lilies nepenthes, other various pitcher plants, sundews, flytraps , butterworts 

See the source image

See the source image

• See the source image

Credits: 

Reveal hidden contents

big thanks to 

Art: 

Art Archive: 

Reveal hidden contents

Full art size 

WIP art collection

Fan art: 

3D model by arch111 

(even made a animation) 

I love it. I want it. Give. NOW

On 2022-04-01 at 9:11 PM, PsiWarp said:

Oddly gives me a female Kamen Rider vibe with her default helmet~

She's gorgeous! Her plants are deadly and I think she can use the Infested kitgun beam as a basis for her vines (stretchable/scalable visuals).

might be the inner child in me who is  kamen rider fan xD 

and a kit gun or maybe a infested plant gun?

2022/4/2 AM4点33分 , (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako 说:

Concept:

隐藏内容

Side Notes:

隐藏内容

See the source image

See the source image

• See the source image

Credits: 

展现隐藏的内容

big thanks to 

Art: 

Art Archive: 

展现隐藏的内容

Full art size 

WIP art collection

Fan art: 

3D model by arch111 

(even made a animation) 

This looks new, I've never seen anyone take the characteristics of plants to create a Warframe, this is the first time I've seen it.

2022/4/2 AM4点33分 , (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako 说:

Concept:

展现隐藏的内容

Side Notes:

展现隐藏的内容

See the source image

See the source image

• See the source image

Credits: 

展现隐藏的内容

big thanks to 

Art: 

Art Archive: 

展现隐藏的内容

Full art size 

WIP art collection

Fan art: 

3D model by arch111 

(even made a animation) 

I tried to modify it a bit, maybe it's not the Diona you want.🤔

Diona

Passive(Corpse Flower):Enemies killed by Diona's skill will have a chance to grow a parasitic plant from the corpse of that enemy, which will absorb the enemy's corpse as sustenance and produce energy and health orbs.

Thorn Strike: Diona swings her whip-like vines on her arms to beat and knock down enemies, and the poisonous spikes on the vines will poison the enemies that are hit by the vines. (If the poisonous whip hits a corpse parasitized by "Corpse Flower", it will detonate and reduce the armor of nearby unlucky enemies).

Growing Wild: Diona has three different seeds to sow.

①Tangle Leech: The seeds will start to grow when they touch the ground, and they will extend vines to grab passing enemies and squeeze their nutrients to restore HP for Diona's allies.

②Sticky Buds: This seed will form a green trap made of sticky digestive fluid when it touches the ground, and enemies who come into contact with this slime will be slowed down and suffer continuous "corrosion" damage.

③Acid Pitcher: After the seeds hit the ground, a large number of carnivorous plants will grow, they will grab and devour the enemies in their path to slowly digest them, if the predated enemies are digested and disintegrated, these carnivorous plants will spit out a ball of energy in return. If these carnivorous plants fail to digest the enemy completely, the enemy will permanently lose 100% of its armor. (Allies can deal damage directly to the enemies inside by shooting these carnivorous plants).

Growth hormone: Diona releases large amounts of growth hormone to make her plants grow stronger and more powerful. However, these growth hormones are a highly toxic substance to enemies, and enemies within the range of the growth hormones will suffer a lot of toxin damage.

Natures Wrath: Diona will root herself in the ground and turn into a huge plant, and a large number of thorny vines will form a barrier for Diona. "Thorn Strike" will be performed automatically. If the enemy shoots the vine, the vine will release a large amount of corrosive liquid. (Diona in this state can release three kinds of seeds at the same time, and the effect range of "Growth hormone" will be extended).

11 hours ago, qq2624790014 said:

Seriously, I'm not sure she can be added inside Warframe because her plant properties don't fit with Warframe's infected flesh properties. That is, it doesn't match the worldview of warframe.

🤔

Not a problem IMO. The infested aesthetic is present in many frames' offshoots, such as Wisp's Reservoirs and Motes, Hydroid's Kraken, Yareli's Merulina, etc. The concept art is sound for presentation, so the texture work for the model(s) can be adjusted to fit the biomechanical artstyle.

4 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Not a problem IMO. The infested aesthetic is present in many frames' offshoots, such as Wisp's Reservoirs and Motes, Hydroid's Kraken, Yareli's Merulina, etc. The concept art is sound for presentation, so the texture work for the model(s) can be adjusted to fit the biomechanical artstyle.

Even then, Nature still exists in the universe of Warframe. Earth could be the place of origin. We are most likely getting a werewolf frame this year so why not a plant themed one?

2022/4/2 AM4点40分 , Sziklamester 说:

How do you think Diona will get her component blueprints if she is added to the game in the future? I would think it would be a very bad decision if her components were placed on Earth, I hate that big buzzing fly Vay Hek, it makes me want to puke. Luckily Earth is Hydroid's component (I hope "DE" doesn't change their original setting, I hate Vay Hek).

43 minutes ago, qq2624790014 said:

How do you think Diona will get her component blueprints if she is added to the game in the future? I would think it would be a very bad decision if her components were placed on Earth, I hate that big buzzing fly Vay Hek, it makes me want to puke. Luckily Earth is Hydroid's component (I hope "DE" doesn't change their original setting, I hate Vay Hek).

There are other places on Earth to get the new warframe if they want to add. Either a new node or a quest like silvergroove could be added to get this new warframe. Another mention depending on the power level of the warframe you can put her on some relay, research frame or a bounty frame. I personally would like to add a plant based frame to the Earth because we know it is living, green planet. 

No need to think about Vay Hek, I do not care about him so you should not too. DE is still needs to make new bosses, even rework some so they could come up with a fitty quest which is not so hard but not too grindy aswell.

23 hours ago, (XBOX)WafflyLearner89 said:

Even then, Nature still exists in the universe of Warframe. Earth could be the place of origin. We are most likely getting a werewolf frame this year so why not a plant themed one?

i am still waiting for the werewolf frame 🤤

On 2022-04-06 at 10:21 AM, PsiWarp said:

true and look at various frame types not all go with a pure infested or a pure metal base, most frames pull form a theme, some like lavos have orgaic and fluids ect intermixed in the body

per the lore frames were created from people and their varying mutations are then weaponized, so whos to say a nature plant themed one cant appear if one can use Bolders, fire, infested, hunger, ect can 

On 2022-04-05 at 9:58 PM, qq2624790014 said:

This looks new, I've never seen anyone take the characteristics of plants to create a Warframe, this is the first time I've seen it.

there was flora by mr. pigman years ago, and was my inspiration for natura/gaia a LONG time ago 

my problem is i didnt want to tread the same path and i actually got really into the carnivorous plant hobby because of the research i did on my concept 

1 hour ago, qq2624790014 said:

scan plants  maybe? 

de have plenty of hidden ones around the maps , maybe using earth tilesets and or tie in with steel meridian who has a base on earth? 

4分钟前 , (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako 说:

scan plants  maybe? 

de have plenty of hidden ones around the maps , maybe using earth tilesets and or tie in with steel meridian who has a base on earth? 

Earth has a lot of plants, but DE is not all used, but only an environmental ornament (excluding those plants needed to make potions)

10 minutes ago, qq2624790014 said:

Earth has a lot of plants, but DE is not all used, but only an environmental ornament (excluding those plants needed to make potions)

for most frames de does make new assets or ties them into existing systems, could add random carnivorous plants to jungles sections on earth tilesets 

, or they could add her to a quest or other activities, de is usually well equipped to pick and place sections 

On 2022-04-01 at 4:33 PM, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

Concept:

Hide contents

1: Seed Bombs-single hand cast

• Button Tap: throws out seeds that explode and can reduce base armor , deals blast and impact 
  • Button Hold  charge up seeds to increase blast radius and damage 
  • 10% chance to cause confusion 

2. Sticky Buds - releases seeds on the ground to grow a long wide sundew like plants that can be placed on any surface. the plants release a dewy glue substance that binds to enemies who touch them, and the tendrils will curl around them holding them in place [ deals corrosive damage] as duration gets lower the size of the plant will shrink, and enemies can free themself, small chance to disarm and eat the guns of foes, and produce ammo drops. allies can shoot the enemies bound by the glue or plants. 
  3. Acid Pitcher - releases seeds that grow vines, from these vines large pitchers grow. pitcher count is dependent on power strength, each pitcher will attract an enemy to it, and will actively spray nearby enemies. dealing corrosive damage, and if enemies are slain nearby, a pitcher has a chance to spit out an energy orb

Synergy: enemies damaged by seed bomb take extra damage by parasitic growth plants 

• place up to 2, large venus like fly trap like growths, on any surface.

Synergy: when near active Natures Wrath, the range is expanded

Side Notes:

Hide contents

See the source image

See the source image

• See the source image

Credits: 

Reveal hidden contents

big thanks to 

Art: 

Art Archive: 

Hide contents

Full art size 

WIP art collection

Fan art: 

3D model by arch111 

(even made a animation) 

This concept seems super good, it seems very interesting and would likely be a very strong support and crowd control frame. Also, Diona from Genshin Impact?! (jk)

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

This concept seems super good, it seems very interesting and would likely be a very strong support and crowd control frame. Also, Diona from Genshin Impact?! (jk)

ive never played GI so i dont know? 

and yes that was the role in mind, to bea an ever present support and aide to her team :) 

6 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

ive never played GI so i dont know? 

and yes that was the role in mind, to bea an ever present support and aide to her team :) 

Diona is the name of a character from genshin impact, and is actually on my genshin team. I use her a lot to where she holds my only 5 star weapon and when i saw the name i immediately had to make a joke about it.cbbd58c7-7783-4775-91a7-1ba0ee84428a

Archived