Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Else Have The Stalker Syndrome?

Anatolius

Going on how he appears, I'd fully picture people waiting until the third flicker, standing in the middle of the room, with any implement able to do noticeable harm and wait for him to appear and whack him behind the head before he even gets up from kneeling.

*poof*

Stalker : "I've come f..."

*WHACK!*

chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg

One crisis averted!

Edited by Wiegraf

It might just be me but sometimes Ill be in class taking notes and the lights might flicker alittle

then I just

tumblr_mda6udebKX1r5zema.gif

"he has found me in real life.."

was Warframe made anyone else suspicious of flickering lights?

Too bad for me flickering lights and strange noises make me weird out like in Call of Pripyat. You know, a game that instills fear whenever you hear a sound that isn't coming directly from you.

Too bad for me flickering lights and strange noises make me weird out like in Call of Pripyat. You know, a game that instills fear whenever you hear a sound that isn't coming directly from you.

First freakout I had in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Shadow of Chernobyl was that one part where you get into a tunnel to get around a barricade and you come across the first creature which deals mental damage by 'sucking in' your view towards it. I'm not usually that jumpy but DAAAAAMN, that completely caught me off guard and pretty much set it stone that there's no need for much special effects or setup to make a good scare.

First freakout I had in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Shadow of Chernobyl was that one part where you get into a tunnel to get around a barricade and you come across the first creature which deals mental damage by 'sucking in' your view towards it. I'm not usually that jumpy but DAAAAAMN, that completely caught me off guard and pretty much set it stone that there's no need for much special effects or setup to make a good scare.

Dude when I got to the tunnel with the creaky spinning light, the first time you go underground, I uninstalled the game.

I literally got so scared just from that creaky light that I closed and uninstalled the game.

Of course I've replayed it several times since then, it's one of my favorite games. :)

On topic: Whenever I drive under an overpass during the day I think it's the stalker.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Dude when I got to the tunnel with the creaky spinning light, the first time you go underground, I uninstalled the game.

I literally got so scared just from that creaky light that I closed and uninstalled the game.

Of course I've replayed it several times since then, it's one of my favorite games. :)

It's one of the reasons I liked STALKER : the game, visually, isn't full of special effects, explosions and outlandish creatures with wicked design. It has a very basic look, looks somewhat post-apocalyptic (the Zone, at least) and the anomalies are so mundane looking that they often go unnoticed until you're standing directly in one.

Kind of like with Metro 2033, those games from eastern europe have a gritty, down to earth feel that makes them immersive because of how simple they look on the surface but then, you start to notice the amount of detail there is all over the place.

Back on topic however : I don't really suffer from Stalker Syndrome... but I'd expect we all kind of think about it whenever we do have tension drops in the lighting somehow.

Edited by Wiegraf