Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voidplumes as Squad-Wide Pickups

CaveItUp

Voidplumes are a currency everyone wants - they're used for rep, crafting, and everything important in the Zariman. As soon as someone sees a plume, they typically rush over to pick it up, oftentimes prioritizing it over the objective. I believe it makes sense then to make Voidplume pickups (and by extension, Syndicate Medallions) a resource that once one person in a squad picks it up, everyone in the squad receives one. This would help eliminate people abandoning the objective in favour of rushing across half the map to pick up the plume, allowing 2-3 people to play the objective and 1 person searching for plumes and still letting everybody receive the rewards without feeling like they missed out.

So DE - would you consider making it so that Voidplumes are a squad-wide pickup resource, like how it is in Railjack? I think this would only do good in the grand scheme of things :)

I don't understand why this is not a default thing, every important currency/resource should be squad-wide pickup, nearly half a year and no one in QA said those void fruits or whatever should be squad-wide? obviously u ppl KNEW but decided to make ppl's life more sufferable. see how many back tracking we're doing right now is beyond ridiculous. I hate it.

This is a good idea. Givem the size of the maps, the spacing of the objectives, how far away from the central rooms the plumes usually are (, how bad my teammates are), everybody rushing over to collect the plume can be a mission failure.

This would be a well received QoL change. Good suggestion, OP.

100% agree, also, with how hidden the paths are to get to some of them.  Maybe I'm just more stupider than average but I've had times where someone grabbed a plume marking it, and I spent the next 5 minutes trying to figure out how to get to it before finally giving up. Feels bad being Legend 1 and stuck at 5k rank because even when I get to plumes, I can't get the frickin common ones, and half the plumes I can't even get it.

If you farm plumes by yourself in an exterminate mission, be on the lookout for glowing interactive points and computer consoles that'll reveal the hidden passages and stuff.

But yeah, these should be squad-wide pickups, and maybe syndicate medallions too. It's best if individual player objectives aren't pitted against those of the group.

Yes pleas.. yeeees, i whis for that too. Specially for Missions where you need to defent a target.. most of the time you dont have time to backtrack.. and the moment you do it.. erevyone does it too aaaand.. mission failed...

Am 28.4.2022 um 20:34 schrieb CaveItUp:

Voidplumes are a currency everyone wants - they're used for rep, crafting, and everything important in the Zariman. As soon as someone sees a plume, they typically rush over to pick it up, oftentimes prioritizing it over the objective. I believe it makes sense then to make Voidplume pickups (and by extension, Syndicate Medallions) a resource that once one person in a squad picks it up, everyone in the squad receives one. This would help eliminate people abandoning the objective in favour of rushing across half the map to pick up the plume, allowing 2-3 people to play the objective and 1 person searching for plumes and still letting everybody receive the rewards without feeling like they missed out.

So DE - would you consider making it so that Voidplumes are a squad-wide pickup resource, like how it is in Railjack? I think this would only do good in the grand scheme of things :)

Yes.
I've failed a LOT of missions lately, solely to the reason that 1 just roams around, actually not caring for the mission itself, only to find a 500 rep plume and the other 2 instantly leaving the objective to get the 'highly valued 500x plume' ... 

And at that moment, the 6 explosive-Eximi hiding in the shadows, know it's their time to shine.

Archived