Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we Please get rid of the 30 min no kill forced extraction/fail in solo mode

Drasiel

Zarimen tileset is new it has lots of goodies all over the place. I'm playing solo so I don't bother anyone with my incessant desire to explore every nook and cranny of the tileset and waste all the time I can just looking at stuff and enjoying the atmosphere. Then the ugly secret "if you don't kill anything for 30 minutes while solo" afk timer rears it's slime covered head from the depths and kicks me out of the mission.

Can we just get rid of this? lurking in a solo mission isn't hurting anyone, the spawns already turn off after a while so you can't exploit it for infinite kills for loot or XP. I just want to bask in the art team and level designers creation, I want to find all the hidden stuff, I want to waste over an hour in an exterminate on my own without disrupting any one else's mission and you kick me to the curb :(

4 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

"if you don't kill anything for 30 minutes while solo" afk timer rears it's slime covered head from the depths and kicks me out of the mission.

Didn't even know this was a thing? But why don't then just kill enemy every now and then? or have on call crew member do the killing? that's how I do it when I want to focus exploring. 

Also is this timer a thing in open worlds? that would be pretty bad if player is fishing or mining in peaceful spot where enemies won't spawn near. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

Didn't even know this was a thing? But why don't then just kill enemy every now and then? or have on call crew member do the killing? that's how I do it when I want to focus exploring. 

Also is this timer a thing in open worlds? that would be pretty bad if player is fishing or mining in peaceful spot where enemies won't spawn near. 

Because I'm staying in missions long enough that they stop spawning so there isn't anything to kill anymore. I don't know if it's on open worlds because open worlds never stop spawning enemies so you'd have to go really out of your way to trigger this timer on there.

why does it even matter if your in a match for over 30mins without killing anything, but your moving? like why is that a kickable offense?

if this is exterminate, like you gain nothing for staying a long time, so why is it a kickable offense to do so? isnt this kinda counter intuitive?

like why make items you need to look for and then make it where if you take too long  you get DNFed? its not a racing game, you are by yourself. 

this seriously makes no sense and is a awful game design.

9 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

Because I'm staying in missions long enough that they stop spawning so there isn't anything to kill anymore. I don't know if it's on open worlds because open worlds never stop spawning enemies so you'd have to go really out of your way to trigger this timer on there.

Oh yeah true... For Open world I haven't encounter it but when I'm fishing I usually pick nice peaceful spot (I have couple fishing spots I use) and usually there's no enemies around but haven't fish 30 minutes never in one sitting might need to try it but then it would be huge waste if all fish were lost... 

100% agree. I've been saying it for quite awhile that this mechanic just needs to go.  It was supposed to be an Anti-AFK thing, but all it does is hinder people who want to take time explore/loot a tileset and nothing to actually stop people from AFKing/Leeching.  Worse still, is that it will fail your missions even if all objectives are already completed.  Most of the time it's not really an issue; it's mostly during those instances when there's nothing left to kill to stave off mission failure.   Either way, it was something that never should've been added in the first place. 

24 minutes ago, Lokidus_Prime said:

Worse still, is that it will fail your missions even if all objectives are already completed.  Most of the time it's not really an issue; it's mostly during those instances when there's nothing left to kill to stave off mission failure.

I'm going to point to the Sponge Path Ropalolyst here.

No recyclable enemy spawns, just the set four dropped in per phase, so that's a lot of potential time where you're doing damage but accumulating 'no kill' timer. Can't get around the inflated EHP with armour strip or procs, either, so it's pretty easy to be stuck with pitiful damage and actually run dry of ammo, even.

Stalemate is fail, mate.

10 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

No recyclable enemy spawns, just the set four dropped in per phase, so that's a lot of potential time where you're doing damage but accumulating 'no kill' timer. Can't get around the inflated EHP with armour strip or procs, either, so it's pretty easy to be stuck with pitiful damage and actually run dry of ammo, even.

Stalemate is fail, mate.

Yes this timer and an apparently quite uncommon bug where the ropalolyst will fly out of all amp range (yes even the 200m range one) and just stay there meant that I simply could not complete that mission solo on steel path within the solo afk time limit. Was very upset about that at the time as I was actively fighting the boss and dealing damage to it the entire time.

On 2022-05-05 at 9:11 AM, TheLexiConArtist said:

Stalemate is fail, mate.

This reminds me of my first (and only) try of Orb. Doing 2 phases somehow then "finish mission within 5 minutes" showed up.

Archived