Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angel affinity (and Thrax) bug?

Ms_Salami

Question

The new(ish) angels that are supposed to give affinity sometimes state the 15k award on kill, but mostly do not. I don't think I have ever seen a Thrax pop up msg for 2.5k so I'm unsure if they even have one.

Is this a UI bug and affinity is always awarded, or a bug? I checked and couldn't find any reports. But if not a bug what are the conditions of getting the message (and more importantly the affinity: Is it be in the mission, in the tile, have dealt damage, have travelled to angel void plane, have dealt damage in the void, get the killing blow, be the host?

Same question for the Thraxes.

8 answers to this question

I'd say it will be a bug from what you explained.

As host I always see the Affinity from all the enemies you mentioned, with the Thrax are you killing them with your Operator once you kill their first form, do you pick up Thrax Plasm after the kill.

2 minutes ago, Cephalon_Naiture said:

If you're talking about the Focus points, the message will not appear if you have already reached the daily focus cap. Check your daily focus; if it's 0, this is fully intentional.

Doesn't it still show a message you have reached your daily cap?

50 minutes ago, Ms_Salami said:

Is this a UI bug and affinity is always awarded, or a bug? I checked and couldn't find any reports. But if not a bug what are the conditions of getting the message (and more importantly the affinity: Is it be in the mission, in the tile, have dealt damage, have travelled to angel void plane, have dealt damage in the void, get the killing blow, be the host?

I've experienced focus gain breaking altogether - no notices, no focus gain - with Zariman missions in the past. Unsure what causes it consistently. For all I know, it might have been fixed.

I think there's also still a bit of a bug where, if you hop back into your Warframe before killing the Thrax (e.g. using the...disc scaffold thing to kill it on a delay), it may not display the focus gain. I haven't checked it extensively - don't usually check my focus gains after each kill so one missing Thrax goes unnoticed - but if it's anything related to the first issue, I'd imagine it wouldn't be giving the focus either.

That might be one avenue for testing / mitigation, at least for Thrax enemies. Issues with the Angels is a new one, though.

16 minutes ago, Cephalon_Naiture said:

I'm very late on this but no, it will stop showing those pop-ups when you have reached focus cap. It's a surefire way to say that you can't get any more.

Oh ok, wasn't sure it's been a long time, I never need to max it now, thought it might have been like when you scan a Cephalon Simaris target it shows the scan but 0 gained.

18 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I'd say it will be a bug from what you explained.

As host I always see the Affinity from all the enemies you mentioned, with the Thrax are you killing them with your Operator once you kill their first form, do you pick up Thrax Plasm after the kill.

I have killed hundreds, after building ALL the Zariman weapons and so on I still have 6000 thrax plasm.

17 hours ago, Cephalon_Naiture said:

If you're talking about the Focus points, the message will not appear if you have already reached the daily focus cap. Check your daily focus; if it's 0, this is fully intentional.

Yeah, its not that I reach cap, but thanks.

Archived