Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secondary Objectives?

SnoTheWitch

This is more of a suggestion for adding secondary objectives into the game. Less so the "Search for caches" secondary in certain missions, but something global! For instance, in any given mission there could be a chance for a secondary objective, such as capturing a target, defending an objective, sabotaging something, ect. Turning full mission objectives into smaller versions of themselves to be sprinkled into the main mission. Or instead of challenges that are isolated to the main mission, they could be modifiers to the mission itself to make you focus! 

For example, in Fortuna there are additional objectives to your main one. Such as not alerting the alarms in the mini Spy portion, or killing a number of enemies in X amount of time, to even keeping defense objectives high on health. Implementing this could also be relatively easy, given that it's already a system within Fortuna and the Orb Vallis. 

ANGELS OF THE ZARIMAN LIGHT SPOILERS: 

Spoiler

When it comes to the Zariman and how the missions there work, I feel like it would be STELLAR to see this applied to other tilesets! Having to interact with specific elements of it in order to get more benefits. Granted, that would be a lot more work when it comes to modeling, programming, and changing tilesets to the point of adding completely new tiles and elements to them. If I could wave a wand and get what I want, this would be it, but I also know this is easily the least likely to happen.

At the end of the day, I'm just someone with 2.3k hours in the game and want to see some new things added to older systems. DE has the issue of leaving things unfinished or not updated when the rest of the game is moving forward. It's not bad, but it could be better. 

You lost me with the open world side objectives.   You know how many of those are bugged out right now and or just dont work??    To many.   

----------------

I feel you on more complex missions (im all for slowing down people who rush lol.   Murmurs and Zariman get ruined so many times by these people).   

But the immediate next questions is....  why do these side objectives......   rewards???  What rewards???   

===============================

I didnt like Zariman secondary objectives being mandatory but they are kinda nice,  adds variety to missions and makes you pay more attention to what your going into.   I definately avoid certain ones lol.   

I kinda like medallion hunts for standing,  but I also think they are garbage lol.    

1.  1st marking medallions is nice but just making them shared loot is 10000% better.   
  2.  Even if they were shared loot,   they still make people run off and abandon objectives which I still see EVERY time im at Zariman.  

But a tiny piece of me wouldnt mind seeing faction medallions in other areas of the game.   

5 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I kinda like medallion hunts for standing,  but I also think they are garbage lol.    

1.  1st marking medallions is nice but just making them shared loot is 10000% better.   
  2.  Even if they were shared loot,   they still make people run off and abandon objectives which I still see EVERY time im at Zariman.  

They are garbage (part of them) but they are more or less optional (afair you need only 5/5/10 Down/Vane/Crest to upgrade to to rank 3). Quills are optional but easy to find so It's nice to look for it. Pinion is for people that can handle "the challenge". When someone wants to farm standing they doesn't have to look for medalions just finish mission (+ maybe Pinion or Quill). When I feel like slowing down I put Exterminate & look for medallions.

12 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

But a tiny piece of me wouldnt mind seeing faction medallions in other areas of the game.   

Not sure what you mean. You want medallions to be found in unrelated missions? Or you just want more Syndicates to have medallions?

At the moment I can only recall 4 syndicates that do not have medallions, one of those being Conclave. Like 80% of the syndicates use medallion style items. Which is more than plenty.

Archived