Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a way to hide threads started by certain users?

(PSN)Unstar

Question

Hypothetically, if there was a user who created so many topics that they occupied roughly half of the forum's front page, is there a way to hide those topics so they aren't cluttering the space?  I've tried ignoring this user - hypothetically - and unfortunately that just hides their posts, not their topics.  Not sure if there's another way?  Any help would be appreciated!

9 answers to this question

I think you're limited to your own mental "ignore" controls for that.  If the threads themselves aren't too active with other posters, you could look at the forums through "Recent Activity" instead and see if that helps.  Or just avoid the specific subforum that's consuming the person's attention.  If it was - hypothetically - General Discussion -, would  you really be missing out on much anyway? :P

You could message a moderator and see if they'll do something.  A mod crew with an activist philosophy might talk to the person, especially if there are complaints from multiple people.  Even though I don't see anything in the forum guidelines explicitly saying "Don't post way too many silly threads in a single day."

On 2022-08-19 at 1:34 PM, (PSN)Unstar said:

Hypothetically, if there was a user who created so many topics that they occupied roughly half of the forum's front page, is there a way to hide those topics so they aren't cluttering the space?  I've tried ignoring this user - hypothetically - and unfortunately that just hides their posts, not their topics.  Not sure if there's another way?  Any help would be appreciated!

If you don't want to see icecell6's posts then just don't click on them, problem solved.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

If you don't want to see icecell6's posts then just don't click on them, problem solved.

1. This is hypothetical.

2. If you re-read my post you will discover that you did not solve the issue I presented, you solved a different issue that is only tangentially related.

1 minute ago, Mieo_Mio said:

What would be the implications and results shown on the forum if everyone, and I mean everyone used this feature?

A bunch of people making individual choices for themselves?  Why would you think that's anything like censorship?

With respect, I think you should read up on what censorship is because I believe you are misunderstanding some vital aspects of what it is.

The moderators here are pretty good at re-directing threads and/or taking care of threads that break forum rules so if you think the user is spamming or pooling all of their threads under a single sub-forum you might be able to use the report function to give the moderators a heads-up.

A person can also just be creating a bunch of legit threads on different topic which is a valid thing to do different people have different ways of communicating.

Archived