The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is Nidus doing these days?

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

I just haven't seen or heard much about Nidus ever since he got his prime and overguard came in. Is he still preforming well? Do his stacks still hold up to shield gate? Does overguard mess with his "group up enemies and build stacks" playstyle? 

I'm just curious, I personally don't like how he's a little squishy until you can build stacks for his 3 and passive so I don't use him that often.

He's okay, still a little vulnerable unless you decide to stop moving so you can use parasitic link.

Overguard hit him very lightly, he isn't much affected by an inability to pull 5 units at max in a sea 30+. It's not like other CC-reliant frames who will die now without invincibility shenanigans.

As the meta gets faster and faster, he comes off as very immobile and clunky. Clunky, as in the many problems that come with how the energy refund from his 1 works.

-------------

And I say this as someone who only stuck with Warframe (in the beginning) because of Nidus. (I.E. the first frame I farmed and built after my starter Excal, was Nidus.) I don't need him to be meta, but he could use a handful of QoL changes. I even made the below thread to show what I'd like to see.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1235046-two-bits-of-love-for-nidus/

Also, his maggots need to either drag enemies towards Nidus, or they need to say much closer to him. As they end up just CCing enemies over half a tile away from him (maybe even make maggots aggro immune).

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

As the meta gets faster and faster, he comes off as very immobile and clunky. Clunky, as in the many problems that come with how the energy refund from his 1 works.

-------------

And I say this as someone who only stuck with Warframe (in the beginning) because of Nidus. (I.E. the first frame I farmed and built after my starter Excal, was Nidus.) I don't need him to be meta, but he could use a handful of QoL changes. I even made the below thread to show what I'd like to see.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1235046-two-bits-of-love-for-nidus/

Also, his maggots need to either drag enemies towards Nidus, or they need to say much closer to him. As they end up just CCing enemies over half a tile away from him (maybe even make maggots aggro immune).

While I agree that Nidus' Virulence could use a travel speed increase (honestly a lot of other abilities should get that too), the Augment needs to be toned down.

The enemy Specter should just allow Nidus to move around while his 3 is active, that's plenty of utility and does the job of making Nidus mobile. As for the ally bit, you'd be better off making that something else. Giving Nidus full Armor strip when his damage scales so high is really not a good idea, that's literally one of his few downsides and should stay. A casting speed bonus for both Nidus and his ally would be awesome.

As for his 4, I'd just make them only attack enemies within a set radius around his 4 and retreat if they go too far. 

seems fine to me, but he's always required a setup period and constant micromanagement, which is no good for shorter modes like capture. if you're staying in Survival for however long though, he's amazing. since they changed Larva kills to give stacks even if someone else gets the kill, he became a lot easier to work with, but he's not perfect. I like using him for those longer missions if I feel like being an immortal Infested Demigod.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

the Augment needs to be toned down.

Different strokes, different folks. I, for one, am not somebody for using augment mods as band-aids, just adding functionality that should just be a part of the default ability. If you want one of my mod slots, actually make it worthwhile.

And so long as it's engaging, I quite like the massive amount power Warframe gives you. It's fine if you think it's too powerful, but I think it fits in just fine in a game with Peacemakers, Spores, Splinter Storm, Mallet, Gaze, Turbulence, Grasp of Lohk, Fusion Strike, Guard Mode, Seeking Talons, etc... (And yes, I like this standard.)

Plus, it's not like it doesn't come with a drawback. How often do you see Nidus' give up their clearly superior 90% damage reduction/status immunity (in normal play)? You need something equally powerful for it to be a choice, and not an obvious decision. (It also takes a modicum of teamwork, as you can only use it in coop, and only if they stay close enough.)

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Giving Nidus full Armor strip when his damage scales so high is really not a good idea, that's literally one of his few downsides

He doesn't have many downsides, but he also doesn't have many up either. That's just the nature of his design (and what drew me to him. A synergistic frame that could do a little of everything... but a lot of the little doesn't matter in the endgame.). And his damage scales, but it's linear, covers a small area by WF's standard, and struggles in even non-armored Steel Path (at max stacks, it takes like 3 Virulence's to kill the very common new corpus ship Tek).

Archived