The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Azure Archon Shards give the possibility to put some Shields on Nidus and Inaros ?

AegidiusF

We saw on Devstream 163 that the new Archon Shards system will let us change some warframe stats. Azure Archon Shard, as an exemple, can give your warframe +150 Shield points (+225 if it's a Tauforged Azure Shard). All Archon Shards bonus shown on the Devstream were additive, not multiplicative. And there is at least one stat (Health Regeneration) that adds something that wasn'nt there before (as a warframe stat).

So, I ask myself if some stat bonus are not going to be available for some frames (Nidus and Inaros won't be able to get Shields, Hildryn and Lavos won't be able to get energy bonus...), or will they give us the possibility to put some Shields on Nidus and Inaros ?

Archon-shard-bonus.jpg

il y a 1 minute, (PSN)Cargan2016 a dit :

I could see it as possible But list it in the unlikely without more information.  as abilities like proteas shield charger doesnt add shields to them so its as if they dont have the "system" to support shields at all

Yes, I know. But Protea's Shield Charger do not change your Warframe stats. If you have 0 Shields, it wont charge any shields. But the Archon Shard will add stats : it will change the base value of a stat, giving the possibility to add +150 to the 0 shield stat.

If that's a possibility, it will "fix" these two frames for players that like to go to Cap Level (which is very hard if you are not invisible, or if you are not shield gating).

But, of course, the Devs can limit the Stat Bonus to warframes who already have a positive value for that specific stat, making it impossible to add shields to frames who don't have shields, or energy to frames who don't have energy.

vor 34 Minuten schrieb (NSW)AegisFifi:

We saw on Devstream 163 that the new Archon Shards system will let us change some warframe stats. Azure Archon Shard, as an exemple, can give your warframe +150 Shield points (+225 if it's a Tauforged Azure Shard). All Archon Shards bonus shown on the Devstream were additive, not multiplicative. And there is at least one stat (Health Regeneration) that adds something that wasn'nt there before (as a warframe stat).

So, I ask myself if some stat bonus are not going to be available for some frames (Nidus and Inaros won't be able to get Shields, Hildryn and Lavos won't be able to get energy bonus...), or will they give us the possibility to put some Shields on Nidus and Inaros ?

Archon-shard-bonus.jpg

I would be for it. but unfortunately it is hardly needed for good warframes. I'd rather be for a lot of armor etc. because at the moment almost all warframes are hardly playable on sp.

and inaros can already endure a lot. with shield gating he can survive insta kills.

On 2022-08-28 at 1:35 PM, (PSN)Cargan2016 said:

Like i said its possible but just unlikely with the information we currently have available as we truely do not know how the shards will affect stats as do they add on after mods or is it a modification to base unmodded stats

We do know that, It's on the Devstream ( a bout 1h 44min) : it will change the base stat before Mods multiplier. You can see on the Devstream Pablo modifying Protea's base stats (unmodded stats).

On 2022-08-28 at 2:01 PM, Venus-Venera said:

I would be for it. but unfortunately it is hardly needed for good warframes. I'd rather be for a lot of armor etc. because at the moment almost all warframes are hardly playable on sp.

and inaros can already endure a lot. with shield gating he can survive insta kills.

I use every single warframe on Steel Path ( prime and normal versions) and I never got serious problems, not even on long runs. 

As you said, and I totally agree, for Inaros, it will be useful to prevent instant kills.

1 hour ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Se do know that, It's on the Devstream ( a bout 1h 44min) : it will change the base stat before Mods multiplier. You can see on the Devstream Pablo modifying Protea's base stats (unmodded stats).

Not really seeing as that doesnt show the mod window we just know that adds to the total as far as we know that is either unmodded frame entirely or that it doesnt show the modded stats as doesnt affect mods.  your making alot of assumeing based off of partial information.  It can work that way yet could just as easily work as a flat 150 or what ever on top of what current total after modded values.  given that we have no way to know if that protea was moded when they showed the shard added.  as it was shown on dev build they could potentially strip the mods with out the arsenal being used

Gerade eben schrieb (NSW)AegisFifi:

I use every single warframe on Steel Path ( prime and normal versions) and I never got serious problems, not even on long runs. 

As you said, and I totally agree, for Inaros, it will be useful to prevent instant kills.

it depends a lot on the playstyle and the mission.
of course i can spam trash skills for shield gating and keep rolling guard on cd. and hope i have 0 lag because without vaz dash i cant survive 2 sec.
but for me that's a way of playing that should only happen in insane asylums.

and i maxed almost all warframes. knowledge and experience are definitely not missing...

in a pvp game i can still understand it. but certainly not in the pve loot game.

9 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

We do know that, It's on the Devstream ( a bout 1h 44min) : it will change the base stat before Mods multiplier. You can see on the Devstream Pablo modifying Protea's base stats (unmodded stats).

Slightly earlier in the stream we can see the exact same stats in the Arsenal. They used an unmodded Protea.

Hmm , i too am curious for some of the frames like lavos and hildryn that dont even use energy ,

will extra energy break them somehow?

Or will the option simply not be available or be changed somehow?

Or will it be available but do nothing?

Looking at the past (invigorations and subsume) i think it will be available and do nothing or be changed in some way to compensate for the uniqueness..

What we do not know is how the shards will be applied

Take max rank  Ember Prime (unmoded)

with

300 health

375 energy

150 armor

say we have a shard that gives option for 150 armor and possibly have several of them and put the entire unbral mod set on her for what ever reason

it could either take the 150 base armor and add the 2 shards of 150 armor then apply the 192% from the umbral fiber to the new 450 armor value  1314 total

or it could apply the 192% to the base 150 armor then add the 300 armor on top of that.  738 total. 

after running numbers it looks far more likely its the second that its just a flat added after mods as Ember with 1300 armor just because 2 shards just breaks the game

il y a 13 minutes, (PSN)Cargan2016 a dit :

Not really seeing as that doesnt show the mod window we just know that adds to the total as far as we know that is either unmodded frame entirely or that it doesnt show the modded stats as doesnt affect mods.  your making alot of assumeing based off of partial information.  It can work that way yet could just as easily work as a flat 150 or what ever on top of what current total after modded values.  given that we have no way to know if that protea was moded when they showed the shard added.  as it was shown on dev build they could potentially strip the mods with out the arsenal being used

Yes, perhaps you are right, but it doesn't change the fact that the bonus is a flat value add to a specific stat and that this can make possible to add some shields to warframes without shields. And I'm only asking myself if that will be possible and how good it will be for players that want to reach cap level with Nidus and Inaros and actually have to lean on Vazarin and Rolling Guard invulnerability only.

il y a 10 minutes, 0_The_F00l a dit :

Hmm , i too am curious for some of the frames like lavos and hildryn that dont even use energy ,

Looking at the past (invigorations and subsume) i think it will be available and do nothing or be changed in some way to compensate for the uniqueness..

Those are also my questions. Looking forward to discover how it will work.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I imagine that we wont even have them as option to add to those frames much like how we dont see sniper mods when modding a shotgun

il y a 3 minutes, (PSN)Cargan2016 a dit :

with

300 health

375 energy

150 armor

say we have a shard that gives option for 150 armor and possibly have several of them and put the entire unbral mod set on her for what ever reason

it could either take the 150 base armor and add the 2 shards of 150 armor then apply the 192% from the umbral fiber to the new 450 armor value  1314 total

or it could apply the 192% to the base 150 armor then add the 300 armor on top of that.  738 total. 

after running numbers it looks far more likely its the second that its just a flat added after mods as Ember with 1300 armor just because 2 shards just breaks the game

I don't really know how it will work, but I don't think it will break the game. Rebecca and Pablo said on the Devstream that this system was made to put a warframe to its limit.

1314 armor is nothing. Even with a Chroma with 2300 armor and Vex Armor on, you can easily die on SP long runs. Armor is useless in high level missions.

Not even a +300% bonus from arbitrations (and on future Archon Hunts) can break the game.

il y a 3 minutes, (PSN)Cargan2016 a dit :

I imagine that we wont even have them as option to add to those frames much like how we dont see sniper mods when modding a shotgun

I think that the Devs will choose this option too. So sad. But I'm still trying to keep some hope 🙏

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Cargan2016 said:

with

300 health

375 energy

150 armor

The shards will be additive after modding , they will not be additive to base. I believe Pablo verified it offline.

1 hour ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

I don't really know how it will work, but I don't think it will break the game. Rebecca and Pablo said on the Devstream that this system was made to put a warframe to its limit.

1314 armor is nothing. Even with a Chroma with 2300 armor and Vex Armor on, you can easily die on SP long runs. Armor is useless in high level missions.

Not even a +300% bonus from arbitrations (and on future Archon Hunts) can break the game.

Chroma doesnt have the raw damage output potential of ember and that was just an example the same can be done to any stat as the 300% is only power strength in arbitration and the drones make enemies immune or highly resistant to powers thus balancing the power strenght buff till break them.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The shards will be additive after modding , they will not be additive to base. I believe Pablo verified it offline.

even if he hadnt just running the numbers I did just for armor of ember prime having it be applied before mods just would be game breaking as by buffing the main stat a frame uses to make it good with 2 or 3 shards and then bolster the others a little with remaining slots would almost have to increase the level cap even more just to keep a challenge. so the only rational way for it to work would be flat addition after mods

il y a 7 minutes, (PSN)Cargan2016 a dit :

Chroma doesnt have the raw damage output potential of ember and that was just an example the same can be done to any stat as the 300% is only power strength in arbitration and the drones make enemies immune or highly resistant to powers thus balancing the power strenght buff till break them.

Chroma's damage potential is more than enough (without even using Xata's whisper on him), but his Armor potential (DR potential) is excellent, but even that is not enough on Cap Level.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Brozime asked Pablo on Tweeter about how Archon shards would work, but the answer was only about the way the bonus will stack with the stats. No mention about the way they will stack with modds.

pablo-brozime-answer.jpg

The *5.4 is supposed to be the Multiplier for using Vitality (100% + 440%), and he's saying that would be insane. So no, they won't be affected by mods, unless I'm misunderstanding his point

il y a 1 minute, BatVenomPL a dit :

The *5.4 is supposed to be the Multiplier for using Vitality (100% + 440%), and he's saying that would be insane. So no, they won't be affected by mods, unless I'm misunderstanding his point

Yes ,you're right, I modified my post, a few seconds before yours. I agree with you.

Archived