The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis Wraith Bp research, a 2 year endeavour

KIREEK

16 minutes ago, Derpsherk said:

He's only here to clear his name and who is to say that the 2 people who agreed with him aren't his friends.

Right?

Every time Kireek pipes up to defend himself, it's often some variation of "It's totally not a scam! You can even ask my happy satisfied customers!", and the happy satisfied customers are mysteriously all LR2 with >10k kills on the ignis wraith that they just purchased.

Of course, pointing this out in the trade thread led to instant comment deletion by an unnamed moderator.

14 hours ago, Voltage said:

How can you be surprised? I'm sure you're very well aware of how the internet rewards majorities for creating a "hive-mind" opinion about a topic that is adopted as "the morally correct side" of a discussion. It's like going into a Riven Mods topic. Not always, but the hazmat suit helps there too.

You say "hive mind" we say "Community" that disagrees with people openly selling something for 5x it's value and where only new players would be the target audience, screw the community ammitrite? You guys are obviously right here, we collectively are sorry for not reading into his obviously fake 2+ year long scam *bows* "the prestige" *pulls a white rabbit out of a hat*

@Derpsherk
If you wanted a different outcome or a different aproach (like a topic sugesting the change or a video), you were free to do so, you had what, 5 years? So why didn't you do it?

I'm not going to order my clanmates around to go and do this, for numerous reasons, they aren't active enough to do this every day for god know how long, i also don't mobilize clan members to do such thing, we are free players, we do what we want, i'll never strip them of that freedom and impose a sale that needs to be done.

I'm not driven by the same selfish goals of making clickbaity videos and reddit topics which contains lies, you're complaining about me doing a honest trade and yet you seem to be fine when others lied intentionally just to make a video.

You're free to post your own view in your own circle, but i assure you i met entire communities (even a french one) that laught everytime trade chat derailed or a new topic appeared, yes some users have enjoyed the chaos for 2 years.

Again, wanted something different? then put in the work to achieve that.

Asking others to help me do it is no different than asking clanmates to give the bp for free, it's just a display of not wanting to do it to begin with. I'm not lazy like that.

14 hours ago, nslay said:

I gave away Saryn Primes, Chroma Primes, Mag Primes, Braton/Lato Vandal, scores of Shell Shocks and High Voltages... do you believe me? It's all true! I swear! Take my word for it! I also don't buy or sell anything for plat.

I believe you because this is what the Warframe community is like, we aren't a group of people who wish the worst for eachother, we help newer players and those in need. Going about things like he did wasted our collective time and deserves to have drawn out ire. If he started out handing them out for free then I feel like we'd be in a different situation because it wasn't an issue to begin with.

3 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

If you wanted a different outcome or a different aproach (like a topic sugesting the change or a video), you were free to do so, you had what, 5 years? So why didn't you do it?

I'm not going to order my clanmates around to go and do this, for numerous reasons, they aren't active enough to do this every day for god know how long, i also don't mobilize clan members to do such thing, we are free players, we do what we want, i'll never strip them of that freedom and impose a sale that need to do.

I'm not driven by the same selfish goals of making clickbaity videos and reddit topics which contains lies, you're complaining about me doing a honest trade and yet you seem to be fine when others lied intentionally just to make a video.

You're free to post your own view in your own circle, but i assure you i met entire communities (even a french one) that laught everytime trade chat derailed or a new topic appeared, yes some users have enjoyed the chaos for 2 years.

Again, wanted something different? then put in the work to achieve that.

Asking others to help me do it is no different than asking clanmates to give the bp for free, it's just a display of not wanting to do it to begin with. I'm not lazy like that.

I did work to oppose you even though what you're trying to say is that we were on the same side to begin with which is rich considering you want to crush the people who tried to combat your scam. Makes zero sense to fight the people combating your scam.

idk about video or reddit posts what?

Good for you finding people who thought your 50p scam wasn't immediately deplorable and that you could hang with, even though the scam was a ploy right? I think that means they would have been against your actual goal but whatever, spin your web.

Clans had volunteers, idk why you're making it seem like it was mandatory to combat your scam 

5 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

This was about solving a problem, this wasn't a fashion contest

Creating 2+years of community strife and drama is not a good solution, thanks for wasting everyone's time even if this was all a ploy by you. It was never a huge issue to begin with 

10 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

@Derpsherk

DED2MOO.png

16 hours ago, KIREEK said:

this charity was often tied with negative or selfish behavior, namely:

vGiZ4fn.png

• Boost Karma

e7BcFrn.png

egHABCO.png

12 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I'm not driven by the same selfish goals of making clickbaity videos and reddit topics which contains lies

qW2rwvj.png

14 hours ago, --TL--Sui said:

Yeah, that would be if he claimed that weapons built from his blueprints did more damage or were in any way superior to others. Not the case here though, so it doesn't apply. And people have been banned for actual scams similar to the one you described in the past.

He mentioned his bps were from the rare exclusive highly sought after archwing rewards with a like 2% chance to drop after DE slapped a bandaid on this whole thing by making them obtainable there. Excluding that he can and most likely was printing them off at his dojo like before they were drops. I'd say this applies. So virtuous, a modern day mother Marry  

13 hours ago, KIREEK said:

i can show, but that's not the point, this isn't a "repair reputation" topic, to me, it's more worthwhile if some users all lie to eachother and fuel themselves with nonsense.
You have the example of the topic, it was made because players believed i wasn't getting any sales, the topic creation changed nothing, players still hated it and all users posting were deemed "fake" for one reason or another.

The video would satisfy you, but would not change anything. It would pretty much reveal all the buyers and it's quite a long ride, it's 2 years

"Lie and fuel themselves" You asked for the hate, what are you talking about martyr Kireek? Did you not expect backlash in your grandiose plan to scam new players? This whole thread is just a pitty party man, I'm telling you. If you didn't want it to be then you'd post the receipts 

15 hours ago, KIREEK said:

my appologies if i didn't make it easier to read, but it's 2 years, featured dojo, me bumping the subject with support a few times and many, many topics, the primetime chat is an example of what may happen in a few minutes, let alone 2 years, it's something that you will only find if you seek it.

I tried my best to guide users in the right direction and away from users misleading them, for them "ignis wraith sellers are bad" is a simple thing to get behind

You're going on in your post about how this weapon lead to create drama, lies, selfishness and so on not realizing you were the cause of it. You turned it into this mess. Barely anyone cared about this weapon or it's acquisition 2 years ago till you came along and started pushing to sell it for platinum. This isn't good or healthy way to ask for a change as it sets a bad precedent for the community and ruin it's image. You're not be credited for this change. It was DE who did it, not you. What you did was create toxicity within the community.

It seems more believable DE made this change due to cross-play and cross-save being a thing to make everything consistent on all platforms.

If you wanted a different outcome or a different solution, why didn't you do it?
Players voluntarily gave information to support about themselves and the clan when they submited reports, they were exposed to 1 simple thing. An honest trade that was also on the forums and everything needed to be done right, including the trades, the topic needed to be about the trade, not about advertising trades of other players.
Also posting on the thread was pointless, because the users thanking for the trade knew what was at stake since the start, they intentionally posted to make that toxic behavior surface and they were specifically told not to overreact when someone went their way to question the trade they did.

The trades and the following conversations could last 20 mins, the time was used to inform them about everything, including the goals, not to leak the giveaway, how to help if they wanted to, how to make the research available to their new starting clan......

So yeah, i thank them for the help, i did my part ingame, they did it in the forums.

Why am i thanking them after 2 years? because i said so when i talked with them after the trade.
I don't need the credit, i needed the problem solved.

This is a pure informational topic, you are free to dismiss what's in here, this is the story, the facts and the rality of things, i have no other info to provide so if you don't like it, nothing i can do.

It seems more believable DE made this change due to cross-play and cross-save being a thing to make everything consistent on all platforms.

Nah that's absolutely ridiculous. Didn't you see the section in the patch notes where the devs personally thank Kireek for his selfless contribution to the update? Pablo even tweeted out "couldn't have made this update without Kireek's help, truly a saint of the Warframe community." right after the update went live.

37 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

The trades and the following conversations could last 20 mins, the time was used to inform them about everything, including the goals, not to leak the giveaway, how to help if they wanted to, how to make the research available to their new starting clan......

i have no other info to provide so if you don't like it, nothing i can do.

Like proof of this "giveaway" you keep insisting happened?

All this is basically a massive forest fire that could have been stopped earlier on, but was left alone for two years for.... reasons? Making a point that the research was bad, even though everyone thought the same, with several players who took it up to give it away so it wasn't as unfair?

Even if the guy was the messiah in disguise and all this was a 6D Chess martyr play in order to stop the evil that was a few hundred clans having the Ignis Bp research (where most would gladly just trade it for free if asked), it still leaves several questions open.

Spoiler

- If everything started as a joke, why would he "honor" a scam as soon as a clueless player bought the bp, instead of politely declining and informing the would be buyer? "Forced to trade", what?
- Why no one ever came to his defense? If he had that many trades, at least ONE would spill the beans and everything would end sooner, as I find hard to believe everyone was that tight lipped.
- Why most of his "buyers" were high MR players that already owned the Ignis, and thus already had access or ways to get it?
- Why players would immediately start alerting people in trade that you could get the Ignis for free as soon they got a whiff of him trying to sell the bp?
- Why he was so passive aggressive against people that would call him out on that? Even saying he would sic moderators on them for calling him out?
- If he did give away so much stuff, why only one (1) player so far showed it? And why he refuses to add proof of the giveaways? (Hiding the name of the receiver is easy, unless he deleted all his messages accidentally [or never had any to begin with])
- Why the subreddit started a massive giveaway thread, with several players joining, if it was all a plot, just because of him? Surely ONE player in there would know about it?
- Why every time someone asked why they would scam new players, his auto-response would be on how "his business is legit and he has several (high MR) happy costumers (that already owned the weapon for ages)?"
- Why is warning people that you could get the weapon for free and warning them about scams "bad" and "view/karma boosting"? (The videos he mentioned have 91k and 27k views, I found another one with 6k. How is that "boosting"?)
- Why would he write all this saying HE was the good guy all along and these lame, hater, toxic clans with their free giveaways and helping hands were the ones in the way of true justice?
- If the bad look from other users and toxicity was getting that bad, why no one (mods, DE, reddit mod, clan/alliance player, content creator, a random player) came forth to stop it?
- Why would a person of good mental health would care about, think of or continue with such a "legit business" for TWO YEARS because of a "problem" that most of the user base doesn't even notices or knows about? Such a massive "problem" that they would have to the herculean task of posting a message on reddit or on the trading chat?

All I can absorb from this is that someone made their bed and now are announcing they are laying on it on purpose.

Hot damn! So that's the full story. I was played like a damn fiddle.

If this is true, please fool me again so that we can see more amazing results like this. What's your next target? Should we take turns on playing the villain? This is feeling like an Ocean's Eleven movie. We gotta do another heist! A sequel!

19 minutes ago, Pebelo said:

Nah that's absolutely ridiculous. Didn't you see the section in the patch notes where the devs personally thank Kireek for his personal contribution to the update? Pablo even tweeted out "couldn't have made this update without Kireek's help, truly a saint of the Warframe community." right after the update went live.

my favourite part of this movie was when Kireek said "IT'S REEKIN' TIME" and heroically swindled newbies out of 50p

@MobyTheDuck remember, you asked:

Spoiler

If everything started as a joke, why would he "honor" a scam as soon as a clueless player bought the bp, instead of politely declining and informing the would be buyer? "Forced to trade", what?

Not a scam and yes i honor the trades i anounce.

Why no one ever came to his defense? If he had that many trades, at least ONE would spill the beans and everything would end sooner, as I find hard to believe everyone was that tight lipped.

Not everyone was tight lipped, in one of the videos made when the featured dojo situation happened, one buyer actually commented on the video, nearly ruining the entire ordeal, haters luckily went past it, i cannot link the video, but there aren't that many to search so......

Spoiler

VVTkyUx.png

Why most of his "buyers" were high MR players that already owned the Ignis, and thus already had access or ways to get it?

Because the trade was open to everyone and those that knew forwarded the gifts either to friends and/or clanmates, also buying certain content from market at a 50% cost reduction was better than a full price purchase, afterall, once the trade is made, you could thank me in the topic and make the claim you bought the bp. The buyers were simply farming that same toxicity that existed 3 years prior to the sale

Why players would immediately start alerting people in trade that you could get the Ignis for free as soon they got a whiff of him trying to sell the bp?

Other players trading are not my responsibility, but i have forwarded support any situation where mass report mobilization was being requested in trade chat.

Spoiler

evNIcHm.png

Why he was so passive aggressive against people that would call him out on that? Even saying he would sic moderators on them for calling him out?

I didn't use moderators and i specifically asked users not to do certain things, which most ignored, again, support and mods were in some cases waiting for the stuff to happen.
Made countless request for players not to disrupt topics and they would specifically do that 2 mins later.

If he did give away so much stuff, why only one (1) player so far showed it? And why he refuses to add proof of the giveaways? (Hiding the name of the receiver is easy, unless he deleted all his messages accidentally [or never had any to begin with])

Because the giveaway is my own thing, my own way of rewarding the right behavior and the right tenno, the ones that......i don't know, made an honest trade instead of sending a death threat.
again, others have requested the same thing, i don't catter to the whims of some users, but some ppl are nice about it so i made a small video showcasing like the end of 2020 and january 2021 and while it doesn't cover 2021 in full and 2022 until now, the small section was more than enough to convince everyone, you're asking for something that is logged in my account and in the buyers account for 2 years, you're asking for content that is established and happened, was reviewed by DE and you somehow believed that it never happened, you're 2 years out of synch

Why the subreddit started a massive giveaway thread, with several players joining, if it was all a plot, just because of him? Surely ONE player in there would know about it?

One featured dojo also anounced a "perpetual" giveaway, but those things ended up in 3 days, i was literally there checking things out and shortly after, nearly all those players you mentioned left.

It's the topics and the videos they wanted, do you honestly believe players would sit there trading for 30 days? Yes  3 days is nice, maybe 5 or 7 for another player, but alone in the dojo with the ocasional visit, you would leave it aswell.

Why every time someone asked why they would scam new players, his auto-response would be on how "his business is legit and he has several (high MR) happy costumers (that already owned the weapon for ages)?"

Because it's true.

Why is warning people that you could get the weapon for free and warning them about scams "bad" and "view/karma boosting"? (The videos he mentioned have 91k and 27k views, I found another one with 6k. How is that "boosting"?)

Because you're checking the content across multiple users, if you narrow it down to a single individual and pull up all the posts/videos made, you'll notice that those sort of videos ralying up players had noticiable more views, which is why some users had 4 or 5 videos in a short span, they are doing their thing sure, but after a few days they won't care about giving you a bp, again, just ask one for free elsewhere.

Why would he write all this saying HE was the good guy all along and these lame, hater, toxic clans with their free giveaways and helping hands?

I'm not pointing fingers, i knew who they were, i knew the clans, all i needed was an efficient way to transmit that info directly to DE, which those same clans and individuals voluntarily did on their own, without much of my intervention, sure i may have sent a a few things their way, but not 1200 and god knows what else these individuals sent via support.

If the bad look from other users and toxicity was getting that bad, why no one (mods, DE, reddit mod, clan/alliance player, content creator, a random player) came forth to stop it?

Thats a good question, but you're mentioning many entities with all sorts of purposes.
A content creator to do such thing? A random Player? how would such users stop anything, you honestly believe a single message would stop all of that?
Some users could do more yes, but just because you control 1 topic on reddit, doesn't mean a dozen won't appear, keep in mind that before my sale there are years of discussions about the ignis wraith, you only change the individuals posting, because the comments are nearly identical, it was a systemic problem and i honestly got tired of seeing 3 years of the same stuff.

Why would a person of good mental health would care about, think of or continue with such a "legit business" for TWO YEARS because of a "problem" that most of the user base doesn't even notices or knows about? Such a massive "problem" that they would have to the herculean task of posting a message on reddit or on the trading chat?

Some ppl do care about others, the game is fenomenal and it's sad when users asking for the bp, simply get a "stop begging, go farm it instead" or when trying to get one for free the user is like "i'm only posting for awareness, ask someone else in chat"

You can always ask someone else, maybe your clan, friends, mods, support, DE, all of this can be confirmed.

If you ask in your clan and/or alliance, there might be a couple users that knew.
If you don't believe or don't like the info, there is nothing i can do.

The topic i stated to the buyers is done, so the info will stay for those willing to seek it.

Not toward you in specific but fun fact:
Because certain clans have literally farmed that sort of hate mentality over the years, players will continuously mention me as the scammer, i understand that some will try and explain things, but you are likely to do it over and over again, revealing exactly how you may once behaved at one point to the rest of your clanmates, a reflection of yourself that no matter how hard you try to hide, will keep appearing.

17 hours ago, Letter13 said:

I'm not surprised, just... boggled. Maybe I overestimate people or expect more rational behavior, or at least for people to read big brightly colored text warning them before posting... I don't know.

Reminds me of the bench scene in Men in Black with Tommy Lee Jones talking about how a person is smart and all that. 

As one who was getting scammed in real life just because people saw me and thought they could (they frequently can), I reject that cynical view of free market/getting as much as one can from others. Also not always things are obvious, or are so to all.

Off course, you are free to hold that view as I am to hold mine.

This is not a remark toward the OP but regarding the question/subject/issue you raised/wondered about.

50 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

@MobyTheDuck remember, you asked:

You can always ask someone else, maybe your clan, friends, mods, support, DE, all of this can be confirmed.

If you ask in your clan and/or alliance, there might be a couple users that knew.
If you don't believe or don't like the info, there is nothing i can do.

The topic i stated to the buyers is done, so the info will stay for those willing to seek it.

Not toward you in specific but fun fact:
Because certain clans have literally farmed that sort of hate mentality over the years, players will continuously mention me as the scammer, i understand that some will try and explain things, but you are likely to do it over and over again, revealing exactly how you may once behaved at one point to the rest of your clanmates, a reflection of yourself that no matter how hard you try to hide, will keep appearing.

Thanks for your time, although you didn't add much to what was already said. I just found it hard to believe that your image of a "bad guy" got inflated so much that it eclipsed the "main purpose" of all this.

If you are happy with your Lelouch approach, I guess there isn't much to be discussed.

I award you no points and may God the players have mercy on your soul.

3 hours ago, Saad said:

was it the actual reason that DE stated? or was it the convoluted self-exculpatory conspiracy by some guy? who knows? impossible to say!

i remember the previous versions of this guy, they've been using the same exact arguments and excuses literally since the event. they used to want 15 plat, though, so i guess it got worse during my hiatus. it was nonsense back then too.

I've always found it really sus regarding the way that thread was moderated. Letter13's entire argument hinges on the fact that WF is a free market, and selling things above market value in a free market is technically allowed. In a free market, people are also perfectly allowed to disagree with prices-- That's literally the core concept of how free markets work.

Yet, in that thread, anyone who disagreed with the 50p price tag had their comment deleted, no matter how innocuous the comment was. It's one thing to purge comments attacking / threatening / otherwise behaving inappropriately towards Kireek; it's quite another to purge every comment that simply disagrees with his pricing. Especially when his happy-satisfied-customers-who-totally-aren't-in-on-this (i.e. the people thanking him for the trade, who are mysteriously LR2s with >10000 kills on their ignis wraiths that they just purchased) had their comments untouched, despite being very obvious attempts at market manipulation.

Ah well.

Archived