Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Queen Elizabeth II has Passed

ABlindGuyPlays

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/britains-queen-elizabeth-is-dead-buckingham-palace-2022-09-08/

I know she was human, thus mortal.... but.

Part of me thought she'd never die.  

She built relationships around the world. She was (I'm going to have to get used to the past tense with her) a builder of relationships and saw the world change in so many ways.  

Words fail me right now but given the British Tenno out there, as well as the fact Canada itself has strong ties to the Crown still? It would feel wrong to not break the news here.

5 hours ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/britains-queen-elizabeth-is-dead-buckingham-palace-2022-09-08/

I know she was human, thus mortal.... but.

Part of me thought she'd never die.  

She built relationships around the world. She was (I'm going to have to get used to the past tense with her) a builder of relationships and saw the world change in so many ways.  

Words fail me right now but given the British Tenno out there, as well as the fact Canada itself has strong ties to the Crown still? It would feel wrong to not break the news here.

"There is no easter bunny

There is no tooth fairy

And there is no queen of england"

Gerade eben schrieb TARINunit9:

Is that what that phrase means? "The old king is dead, long live the next king"?

Wow, that's way less poetic and awesome than what I thought it meant

Well... what did you expect it means? :-D

Thats the circle of it. The old King goes, the King follows, until there are no Kings left anymore, or Queens.

The Queen is dead, long lifes the King ... in that case i guess.

Admitting, still thinking about it and what impact that all got. It is indeed an era that ends. Generations to follow will not understand, since she ruled for a really long time now and there were a lot of changes in that time. Generations were used to England = Queen. Now it will be King again

Archived