Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Terrify vs Acolytes

Sasaruke

So I'm not actually sure where this should go; I initially posted the topic under the 'Bugs' sub-forum; but I just noticed earlier that Nekros' Terrify ability doesnt actually strip armor from Acolytes no matter what amount of ability strength or defense reduction % you have. I am guessing because they are immune to the CC of the ability itself; they are also immune to the armor strip also, which is utterly ridiculous. Is this working as intended or merely a mechanic/interaction that was overlooked/?

43 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Did Terrify ever strip Acolytes or other mini bosses?  

This is the question. It might not be a bug at all. It might just be that they're immune to armor strip like a lot of Warframe's toughest enemies.

Edit: I said might, people are acting like I said they are. I don't know, hence the vague wording of my statement and reinforcing that the main question is IF this skill was ever intended to work on them. Thank you.

1 minute ago, (PSN)blakfayt said:

This is the question. It might not be a bug at all. It might just be that they're immune to armor strip like a lot of Warframe's toughest enemies.

They're not immune to all strips though.  (Or they weren't.  Most ability strips were changed with the update, and I haven't checked any yet.)  The game has always had some that work on Acolytes and some that don't. And some that work on some mini bosses.  And a few that work on nearly everything including actual bosses.

It's hard for me to say what's intentional and what's not in every case.  And I wouldn't even say an interaction that's been around for years is, by itself,  proof of intent.

Can anybody who actually plays Nekros confirm Terrify doesn't strip any Acolytes ever?

On 2022-09-09 at 4:01 AM, Harutomata said:

It might be a similar bug to what Frost experienced with his 4 on CC immune enemies, which recently got fixed

I just tested Terrify on an Eximus with active Overguard, and it did strip.    Which Avalanche didn't before the update.  (Avalanche was funny though, because  IIRC it did work on some CC immune enemies, but not on Eximus until Overguard was cracked.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So it's something other than CC immunity.   Of course, Acolytes aren't CC immune anyway.  It also worked on a Demolisher (until cleared) and a Juggernaut in the Sim.  So it works on some mini bosses.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Totally unrelated fact I never knew:  Frost can inflict cold procs on Juggernauts, which are normally status immune, with Freeze's 600% status.  OTOH, Avalanche and Ice Wave have the same mechanic...but -don't- work.   Warframe!  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In case any devs see this, I'll just mention as well another minor oddity with Terrify armor strip.  Out of what I've tested, Juggernauts, Demolishers, and Battalysts cut the duration of the armor strip.  (Demolysts purge it with their nullify effect, but this is separate from that.)  Maybe this is intended--for instance, I think Sentients are supposed to have something like this against debuffs.    But  Terrify seems to be the only temporary armor strip that suffers from this shortened duration.

I got surprised when I was fighting an acolyte and suddenly I get a Stalker transmission just to remind me that 

MY TENNO POWERS ARE USELEEEEESSSSSS

I really thought I was being attacked by an Acolyte and Stalker at the same time, just to realize Stalker was just messing with me >:T

Archived