Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why doesn't the Amar mod set and Rift Strike work together?

SJK150

Ok, I have a question.
Not sure this goes to the Warframes section or not but I have a question.

Why doesn't the Amar set bonus stack with Rift Strike?
I mean they both tp you to the target when you heavy attack so why don't they go together?
(With the Amar mod set) All other weapons have 20 meter range (unless I'm missing a few) Twin Basolk has Rift Strike for 25 meters and dual daggers has 30 with the full set.

So why doesn't the 2 Amar Warframe set mods stack with Rift Strike for a max of 45 meters for Twin Basolk? 
Why don't they go together? TELL ME WHY???

Edited by SJK150
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, SJK150 said:

Ok, I have a question.
Not sure this goes to the Warframes section or not but I have a question.

Why doesn't the Amar set bonus stack with Rift Strike?
I mean they both tp you to the target when you heavy attack so why don't they go together?
(With the Amar mod set) All other weapons have 20 meter range (unless I'm missing a few) Twin Basolk has Rift Strike for 25 meters and dual daggers has 30 with the full set.

So why doesn't the 2 Amar Warframe set mods stack with Rift Strike for a max of 45 meters for Twin Basolk? 
Why don't they go together? TELL ME WHY???

Likely because they're two separate effects and the game doesn't combine them..

1 hour ago, quxier said:

If you disagree could you explain from player perspective how they are different. Both seems to teleport on heavy attacks.

They're different because the source (the mod and the mod set) are very likely coded  as separate functions. Even though they are functionally similar they are not the same thing. So if you have both equipped at the same time the game defaults to one instead of combining both.

6 hours ago, Leqesai said:
7 hours ago, quxier said:

If you disagree could you explain from player perspective how they are different. Both seems to teleport on heavy attacks.

They're different because the source (the mod and the mod set) are very likely coded  as separate functions

That's implementation details. Games (or some other "stuffs") and people using them shouldn't rely on knowledge of programmers (or makers). Game shows mods that can teleport you using heavy then you are right to assume that they stack (distances add together). Same for any kind of similar effect (e.g. damage mods, jump height mods).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, quxier said:

That's implementation details. Games (or some other "stuffs") and people using them shouldn't rely on knowledge of programmers (or makers). Game shows mods that can teleport you using heavy then you are right to assume that they stack (distances add together). Same for any kind of similar effect (e.g. damage mods, jump height mods).

In that context it can be as simple as understanding one uses the void to teleport and one uses the rift to teleport.

13 hours ago, quxier said:

Thanks for standing up for this, means alot.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

One thing to point out. They have 2 different effects that do the same thing. How many more mechanics exist that is basically the same thing between them.

In conclusion there is code bloat as you don't need two different sources for what is the same effect.