Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pet Survivability

Arthegall

I was running some void cascade earlier on SP and was deeply frustrated with my pets survivability. I know its been a long time problem and thats why a vast majority just use the vulpaphyla, but I’m not much of a fan of how it looks and it doesn’t compliment all my frames.  I use sentinels on most of my favorite frames. Otherwise they just sit there on the warframe to die instantly. Protea’s dispensary augment was a horrid band aid attempt. I know a lot of QOL is on the plate, but at the bare minimum can sentinels be invulnerable while were in operator.

As a whole pet survivability is in desperate need of a rework. There are lots of interesting pets to choose from with unique abilities, but it all means nothing. I can imagine most players aren’t excited to chase down their dying dog who got stuck two tiles back and died because it got shot gunned in the face. 

8 minutes ago, Arthegall said:

As a whole pet survivability is in desperate need of a rework. There are lots of interesting pets to choose from with unique abilities, but it all means nothing. I can imagine most players aren’t excited to chase down their dying dog who got stuck two tiles back and died because it got shot gunned in the face. 

No kidding. Pets (Insert # here) has been pushed back time & time again. I just want my fuzzy friends to be able to do anything in higher-tier missions without them collapsing from a stiff breeze. It all starts with modding. Their utility mods should be accessible via the collar & claws for damage mods. While we're at it, the Link mods seem like a crutch, far too dependent of your choice of Warframe. We need streamlined options, nothing exclusively tied to your Warframe.

Or we could make them invincible for the sake of convenience. It's not pets could survive SP anyways.

15 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

What is your mod config for your sentinel and which sentinel are you using?

I use Dethcube prime with helstrum. I use the energy orb on 10 assists mod for dethcube and other basic mods like vacuum, primed animal instinct. Helstrum gets 10 assists consistently, while helping spread status and giving me more stacks of vigilante. My favorite frames mag and protea keep sentinels alive with minimal effort, but while in operator I can’t babysit anymore.

3 minutes ago, Arthegall said:

I use Dethcube prime with helstrum. I use the energy orb on 10 assists mod for dethcube and other basic mods like vacuum, primed animal instinct. Helstrum gets 10 assists consistently, while helping spread status and giving me more stacks of vigilante. My favorite frames mag and protea keep sentinels alive with minimal effort, but while in operator I can’t babysit anymore.

So you're not using any survivability mods? 

I'm not sure if complaining about the fragility of sentinels is appropriate when you don't add any survivability to them...

Synth Mod set should always go on sentinels (the two mods that add health orbs on kill assist and armor on health orb pickup)

Just now, Leqesai said:

So you're not using any survivability mods? 

I'm not sure if complaining about the fragility of sentinels is appropriate when you don't add any survivability to them...

Synth Mod set should always go on sentinels (the two mods that add health orbs on kill assist and armor on health orb pickup)

Armor on a sentinel for Steel Path, 100% ain’t it. They don’t have enough base armor to make that really worth the mod slot space needed. Armor or not, when you enter operator that sentinel is going to be dead. 

1 minute ago, Arthegall said:

Armor on a sentinel for Steel Path, 100% ain’t it. They don’t have enough base armor to make that really worth the mod slot space needed. Armor or not, when you enter operator that sentinel is going to be dead. 

Maybe, maybe not.

I consistently run Dethcube and I do not have the issues you're describing. It dies from time to time but its hardly a problem. Stayed alive with me for the full duration of all the archon missions... so *shrug*

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Maybe, maybe not.

I consistently run Dethcube and I do not have the issues you're describing. It dies from time to time but its hardly a problem. Stayed alive with me for the full duration of all the archon missions... so *shrug*

You truly think pet survivability is perfect in this game? Also appreciate the really catty “I'm not sure if complaining about the fragility of sentinels is appropriate when you don't add any survivability to them...”

1 hour ago, Arthegall said:

You truly think pet survivability is perfect in this game? Also appreciate the really catty “I'm not sure if complaining about the fragility of sentinels is appropriate when you don't add any survivability to them...”

That's not a very nice way to engage with other people.

If you're given tools to improve the survivability of your sentinel, and you choose to not use them, then complain about your sentinel dying... don't you think that sounds a little silly?

Sentinels are expectedly fragile given their utility. They're really not designed for combat. This is why they don't have link mods.

In any case, you should be polite at the very least. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't give you justification to be rude.

Considering the sentinels get stuck behind walls for the majority of the archon hunt, it's not a great place to show off their survivability since they are far off from any action, and don't even give most of their bonuses because of the fact they are super far away.

Sentinels shouldn't really even have the chance to die, since they are a floating QOL buddy. At the very least make it a mod that can't be used with any sort of offensive precept, so that if you literally just want it to scan stuff or open crates. On that note, sentinels are also too divvied up, they should have a bit more flexibility with precepts, the way moas and hounds do.

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Maybe, maybe not.

So did my Smeeta Kavat but it wasn't Actually Near me ... It got Stuck in the first Area where you meet the Archon....

Not sure if this is a Bug or part of the Hunt Restrictions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived