Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stahlta?

bobojoeho

So I have been using Zarr and Ogris for SP missions and arbitrations.  They have good AOE, and the Zarr has good damage to kill SP enemies.  After the ammo nerf, I cannot kill things nearly as fast as I used to otherwise I run out of ammo.  Would the Stahlta be a good replacement?  Or at least function well in Arbitrations and SP?  From what I have seen on the wiki, the alt-fire is quite powerful, and the primary does good DPS too.

9 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

I think you are thinking of something else.

Stahlta Alt-Fire has a 7.2 meter radius at base

i'm thinking about how wide it is - it's more like a Column than a 'traditional' AoE.
you definitely don't use it the same way as you would Zarr or Ogris or Tonkor or Akarius or w/e. 

unless it has a lot more Range than i recall? i recall it having a pretty limited Range.

Stahlta has less radius than Kuva ogris (7.2m vs 7.9m), but it also has higher damage per shot and lower falloff. So, if Ogris worked for you damage-wise, stahlta should too.

Yet, with charge time and delay for explosion stahlta is less convenient to use. And from one pickup you get ammo for 2 AoE shots only, which is better than k.ogris\k.zarr, but worse than k.tonkor\t.envoy. I would look at last two.

1 hour ago, Kainosh said:

Its Battacor that fires wide beam (the amalgam corpus gun).  Stahlta's secondary fires explosive projectile with a short delay.

hmmm.
i guess i've tricked my Memory from People generally using it at near point blank on Bosses and such. :)

16 hours ago, Pakaku said:

It's a mediocre rifle with a strong alt-fire (so is the Battacor),

Define "mediocre". 

Battacor seems better than my definition of that word allows.  Although some of that is due to it deriving too much benefit from Gaptitude.  

Still, I like it a lot more than Stahlta even without that bug. 

Stahlta is  the better  AoE replacement for people moving from spammy launchers though.

Archived