Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Given username does not exist" error [Resolved]

GourangaPL

Message added by [DE]Saske,

We are aware of, and are active working on the issue with the chat server that causes issues with not being able to (sometimes) find/send invitations to other players. This is probably collateral damage from our brief live-test of Crossplay.  Who knew Crossplay would be so difficult!

Message added by [DE]Momaw,

We've uploaded a fix directly into the server-hamsters brains that should fix things. If you are still experiencing problems, please list some details!

- Who did you try to invite or message, and how?  (/whisper command, /invite command, clicked on their name etc)
- Where were you when you tried to message/invite?  (Friends List, watching Recruiting, pasted a command into a text box etc)
- What was the time?
- What was the exact error message given?

If everything is working fine we'd also appreciate some confirmation of that too, for reassurance :)

It happens with like 1 player per 5 tries but when i invite them says "given username does not exist", when they invite me it works, however when they invite we must go to their dojo or maroo, if they invite and then i try get them to my dojo it gives them error "can't recieve dojo information"

Same -

Keeps booting squad members from lobby (orbiter)

Cannot retain squad members long enough to start missions without them being kicked.

"given username does not exist" pretty consistent.

Also when inviting from recruit chat has same "username does not ....etc".

Tried inviting a few other Tenno, initial invite works but same results every time. Kicked then random squad member username does not exist.

The usual workaround "invite via profile invite button" but then randomly booted each squad member after 1-5 mins in lobby

Random matchmaking is working perfectly fine as long as I'm not inviting or invited.

Edited by T1M3W4V3
More info and comparison between invite/public matchmaking

+ same problem here with two of my clanmembers

Most educated guess its because of Yesterday with the cross-play
One of our members has the same email on Console and PC with the same username.
Possibly a merging problem????

Edit: Seems that the console player is Not the problem.
I've relogged, and the user without a console account has this problem
The console player Does Not.

The player that wasn't able to be invited, Hosted the group and now after a relog was able to invite us both.

Edited by Ruwr

What the F is wrong with this game? just now, I'm trying to buy something on WM, 6 times in a row from 6 different sellers the system tells me username doesn't exist. I coppied the message straight from WM site.

This happens a lot lately, not just today, I'm on PC platform.

At first, i thought some of them might changed their names and not yet update their profile on WM, but now i realized that is not the CASE!!!

I found some good deals on something but I CAN'T SHOOT A MESSAGE TO THE SELLER!!!!!!!

Edited by FleshJuicer-NKMEXE
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Syrethyst said:

now i have issues with inviting people as well. game tells me their username doesn't exist

I'm facing same issues.

also my chatting channel also have problem. cant received any word / message frm other player.

haiz...

Using chat to invite a person to dojo can result in the "wrong username" error. This can be bypassed by getting invited by this person into your squad then inviting them to your dojo throwugh "recent players" tab in "Friends" menu. Still, a bug is a bug, gotta report.R9RdcgWysaY.jpg?size=1919x1060&quality=9

Edited by KVenom

I've just started experiencing this as of the time I'm typing this. Really disruptive to trading. Going to try @BuzzBomb8's suggestion.

20 hours ago, BuzzBomb8 said:

Until DE fixes this, you can get rid of this by going into your options > system> turn off cross platform play.

1 minute ago, Waeleto said:

Started experiencing this as well and now i can barely do any trades or get a full party for a steel path run, hope they fix it soon.

BuzzBomb8's solution worked for me!

22 hours ago, BuzzBomb8 said:

Until DE fixes this, you can get rid of this by going into your options > system> turn off cross platform play.

Same issue here BUT when trying to invite people that replied to my Recruiting topics.
All ended up with "given username does not exist" error.
(I have not tried to buy anything from WM lately but I do think your issue is closely related)

Workaround 1) for invites (tested OK) = send friend invite and invite from friends list.
Workaround 2) for invites (tested OK) =  turn OFF Cross Play in System Settings.

Assuming the above workarounds might help you as well, however, attention, having Cross Play turned OFF messes up the Recruiting chat badly :D
I am guessing it reduces the list to only people that have Cross Play OFF so it's almost dead :D

To summarize:
Cross Play ON = invites broken
Cross Play OFF = invites work only for the player having it OFF
Cross Play OFF = messed up chat(s?)

Edited by AenHim
  • Like 2

Yeah I have the same thing, but reversed. No one can invite me to there squad cause it says "username doesnt exist" and resetting the game doesnt work either. I think it's because of the crossplay testing f ing it up. the error only used to show up when it's around daily reset and the people havnt collected there login reward yet.

Edited by Ambroshus

6 hours ago, AenHim said:

To summarize:
Cross Play ON = invites broken
Cross Play OFF = invites work only for the player having it OFF
Cross Play OFF = messed up chat(s?)

Yep same here. Incredibly frustrating, basically can't join Recruiting squads or Trade due to this problem.

I have learned a workaround from other players that doesn't require changing the Cross Play setting. When inviting someone via chat go to their profile via the chat and use the invite button there.

Edited by DismalPanda
workaround
  • Like 2

While turning off Cross-Platform play seems to work, it produces another issue that decimates your chat channels. I noticed Recruiting chat in particular halve in population when the option is turned off, only to return to full activity when turning the option back on.

Whatever piece of code was stepped on created a lot of secondary effects here.

• Like 2

ever since the cross play first public test, which was a short test, this error happened. sometimes the bug clears, but mostly it does not.

this is game breaking

hope it get fixed before 5 oct and the influx of players are online

Edited by symisz

Yea, seems like testing things on the live build w/o the option to rollback wasn't a very good ideea, these are just the two latest examples I remembered to screenshot after it happened a few times.

From what I've seen so far, this happens ~30% of the time.

Spoiler

20221001201833-1.jpg

20221002212350-1.jpg

came here because i've been having this exact issue every time i try and trade. 

Trying AenHim's suggestion and turned off xplay, and if that fails will also try DismalPanda's suggestion and edit this comment with the results

EDIT: Can confirm disabling xplay in options > system > network made it work!

Can also confirm inviting via their profile also works as a workaround

Edited by RobotSpartan
Update