Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote on the name for the Wolf-inspired Warframe!

Marcooose

Vote on the name for the Wolf-inspired Warframe!   

22,862 members have voted

1. 1. What is your vote for the name of the Wolf-inspired Warframe?

• Raksha
    • Dynara
    • Lycath
    • Disa
    • Ylva
    • Ulfra
    • Voruna (Žvorūna)
    • Ghella
    • Fengarou
    • Nashoba

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2022-10-28 at 03:59 AM

2 hours ago, (XBOX)AmyTheTigress86 said:

I'm still a bit bummed that the warframe isn't very anthro... it would be super cool if at least you give them an all fours animation when running or using some abilities ;~; Fengarou and Ulfra are my favorite names

But did we get any confirmation that she won't have "all four" animations?

Honestly, I just want to say that all of these names are too "clever". By which I mean they all just look like someone wanted to show off all the obscure and little known mythology they could research. When I am going through my list of frames, I don't want to need a degree to know which one is which; "Hmm...was the one with lightning powers Pišaišapḫi, or was it  Perëndi? Did it even start with a P? Better remember quick, the alert is almost over and my friends are waiting on me!" Simple names make it faster to find what you're looking for, and they make it easier to talk about the frames with your friends without confusion (or needing to memorize what every single frame in the game is).

2 hours ago, AlphaWolf1679 said:

searioulsly dont do voruna it doesnt sould like a wolf name at all go with racksha or dynara or even Ylva but please lets not have 4 frames running a v as their first letter it would then be volt vauban and valkyr and then on top of that another frame beggining with v please no

You're entitled to your own opinion and all, but please don't try to push it onto others

I chose "disa". First, it starts with "D". At present, not many warframes start with "D"; Second, the name is short and can be spelled quickly, just like "loki"; Third, the last two letters "S" and "A" overlap with the name of one of my classmates, hahaha

On 2022-10-20 at 7:39 PM, JaycemeSwain said:

Raksha feels more befitting as a name of a desi/hindi themed deluxe for her or a more Hindi looking frame

This. Rakshasa is a demon in Hindu mythology. Raksha would be a great name for a warframe inspired by that culture.

Fenrir is perfect, even though it's a cliché, but since it's female, please choose other names to refer to the wolf warframe theme. If this is not possible, then at least make a skill related to the wolf, otherwise there is no point in creating it.                                                                                                                                     P.S Raksha-warframe tiger, Dynara-bedouin warframe, Lycath-warframe gladiator or archer, Ylva-dryad warframe, Ulfra-warframe viking, Ghella-the theme is earth or giant, Fengarou-flame theme.

57 minutes ago, Angel-7 said:

I chose "disa". First, it starts with "D". At present, not many warframes start with "D"; Second, the name is short and can be spelled quickly, just like "loki"; Third, the last two letters "S" and "A" overlap with the name of one of my classmates, hahaha

There are no frames that start with D, J, Q or U 

On 2022-10-20 at 6:17 PM, Eletal said:

Would have been nice to know meanings and lore behind each choice but I voted for what I thought was best. 

I definitely agree. But I ended up voting for Voruna. It just sounds like they were going for “Voracious Una”. 

“Voracious” meaning: wanting or devouring great quantities of food. 

&

“Una” just sounds like it’d be a pretty decent name for a feminine wolf. 

On 2022-10-20 at 6:17 PM, (PSN)k_disboher said:

I thought Conquera would've been a cool homage to the event whilst also being a cool name

I’m cheesy, sometimes, and I like this idea. 

On 2022-10-20 at 6:18 PM, (XBOX)Grey Gallant said:

Raksha Is a bit close to the Raksa kubro.

That might actually be the best one considering she’s based on a wolf. Probably what whomever came up with it was going for. 

Archived