The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could you make the shard ephemeras in a different slot ?

(PSN)Stealth_Cobra

It's something that's been bugging me for a while now... We keep getting more and more cool ephemeras, yet we only have one slot to equip them. Likewise, some have pretty different purposes (ex : You have step ephemeras, ephemeras that cover the body, floating VFX ephemeras... And now the Archon shards we have equipped are also an Ephemera.

I just want to be able to at least equip my favorite ephemeras alongsides the Archon Shards... And while you're at it, would be great to maybe separate ephemeras into "feet , body , floating" or something.... Because right now nobody uses step ephemeras, there's a couple ephemeras that just give a glow on the body and are a little overwhelming, and there are more elaborate ephemeras like the floating skulls, etc... Having a couple of slots would allow you to mix and match when applicable.

Again doubt it would be ready for next week's update, but down the line it would be great.

Heck, you could also simply make them an attachement, that way it woudn't occupy the same slot also.

44 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

The implications of putting Vengeful Toxin on my warframe's feet...

I'm pretty sure the idea is that each ephemera would be separated into those categories, and you could pick one from each. The Vengeful ephemeras would be "body" ephemeras, as would most of the Sisters' ephemeras, while things like Fae Path or Freezing Step would be "foot" ephemeras.

Yeah the reason I said three slots is because we have a lot of feet ephemeras nobody uses because they are underwhelming compared to body ephemeras (you don't really notice them since you're not looking backwards while you walk or fight). Likewise we have tons of "floating" ephemeras like the floating skulls, nezha prime dragons, now the floating archon shards, the lich / sister ephemeras like the floating balls / triangles / impact shards that are really cool, but most people don't use because they are much harder to notice than a full body ephemera. I would almost propose a back slot too, but I feat it would cause everyone to wear the wing ephemeras (since what else is there to put on the back slot currently) ,  so I would keep it as body mostly so not everyone have distracting wings equipped at all times... Maybe down the line if we start getting more and more back -related ephemeras, it would make sense to create a new back slot. but for now, it's a no go. Heck imho they should probably turn our existing wing ephemeras into Syandanas so they don't waste our ephemera slot... Since let's face it , most syandanas don't really blend with a pair of wings anyway, and the wings pretty much already hides your back... Might as well be able to mix full body ephemera and wings by making them a syandana, just saying... Especially since there are already mechanical wing syandanas.

It would be pretty awesome to be able to equip let's say flaming steps on your feets , a Sisters Ephemera on your body and the floating Archon Shards on your floating slot... Or be someone with Spore infested feets, the electric lich effect and floating skulls... Or a seeding step, spinneret body and floating ball guy. So many cool combos would be possible... Which is perfect in a game where fashionframe is endgame.

I'm not proposing that DE adds feet and floating features to all ephemera though (that would be a lot of work...) , but it could be wise for them to divide some of the existing ones into multiple slots (like currently the Spore Ephemera has a cool infested growth effect on the feets and a full body effect, both would be unbound from each other allowing you to mix and match them with other ephemera parts in the new system. This would also lead to more and more new ephemera sets having three components, giving us more control on what we can mix and match together and how they look...

On 2022-10-29 at 4:09 AM, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

I just want to be able to at least equip my favorite ephemeras alongsides the Archon Shards... And while you're at it, would be great to maybe separate ephemeras into "feet , body , floating" or something.... Because right now nobody uses step ephemeras, there's a couple ephemeras that just give a glow on the body and are a little overwhelming, and there are more elaborate ephemeras like the floating skulls, etc... Having a couple of slots would allow you to mix and match when applicable.

I would like to put wings at the "tail" level so it would be always visible but it won't obstruct vision.

• 1 month later...

Archived