Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

I didn't include the discount option suggested by quite a few members since it's a still a delicate topic.  If you think I missed some other options/suggestions let me know.  One vote for each poll.  Polls are not restricted to Founders or none Founders.  We already have enough tension between the two groups as is.  Please keep it civil and rational.  

Poll 1: How should Prime Access items be distributed?

http://goo.gl/bhDmVy

Poll 2: Your general sentiments toward the Prime Access program

http://goo.gl/toH5XD

[EDIT] Darn you mega merge. 

Edited by Paper_Rabbit

Win win maybe not because even though Dev are still earning money they will rarely, even less than now, get the amount they set for the full Prime Access unlikely they will ever get someone to buy the whole package if we allowed everyone able to get the Exclusive bundle. It should be set to Founders and people who have bought throughout their accounts life time a certain amount of platinum. People would just buy maybe tier one Prime Access MAYBE but most would probably buy the exclusive only deal meaning the Prime Access wouldnt be the Main pack it would be the side pack to the Exclusive bundle. 

It's my view that while the larger pack would sell less, sure, the increased sales in an exclusives only deal from people who would not otherwise be getting a pack at all would likely make up for that reduction in sales of the larger pack. On the flipside, with it being limited to founders only any of the same issues could occur, but particularly that it would be restricted to a select few, and therefore unlikely to bring in as much money due to missing soo much of the customer base, making no real point for them in making an alternate package at all.

That's my view on this and why it should be for everyone anyways.

tumblr_mwp9v46M7Q1r75g0ko1_1280.png

Ok, so this scarf is beautiful. But why does it have to be an exclusive item to people who pay $80 for this, a drone, and then a bunch of primes that I want to earn the hard way

I am more than happy to pay money for cosmetic stuff and a few short cuts. Thats fine. But hiding some of the stuff I would gladly pay for behind stuff I want to earn through playing the game. It’s annoying to say the least.

Sure I could buy it, get the platinum, the primes, and the drone and scarf. But I would feel like I cheated to get the ember prime/glaive/and gun.

I don’t like it. I really don’t like it. And I almost feel left out in a way for this because I have already invested a lot of money in this game, but I have no way of getting this platinum only item without buying the stuff I want to play towards.

Edited by cam-o-flage20

Im still trying to figure out why ninjas have scarves.

They seem like they would be more of a pain in the &#! than they're worth. You are sneakily running around a corner, you arent seen but the guard sees the tail end of a scarf. Pure giveaway

Not to mention a tripping hazard when rolling aboots on the floor.

I say founders have access to these exclusive individual items at a lower platinum price. Hell, add a separate "founder" section on the market that only founders can see, similarly to the Council chat.

Don't hold your breath for it. I don't really see DE pulling a move like that.

They seem like they would be more of a pain in the &#! than they're worth. You are sneakily running around a corner, you arent seen but the guard sees the tail end of a scarf. Pure giveaway

See: anime ninjas. 

Don't hold your breath for it. I don't really see DE pulling a move like that.

These items can still be accessed by non-founders via these packages. Just a thought.

Edit: But then again this may be a token of gratitude to those who further support Warframe and I'll respect that. 

Edited by Trucider

The easiest solution would be to sell this pack without plat and lower the cost commensurate with that. As it is, this is completely unappealing to people who have already dropped money on founders/large plat packages because they have a ton of plat already; nobody who has a decent amount of plat wants to pay for $100 worth more plat to get ~$50 worth of gear (primes, scarf, extractor) that they are actually interested in

TL;DR - people want the stuff and not the plat. Sell them the stuff without the plat

For real. Founders paid for an advertised product, not whatever tickles their fancy.

That's fine but it's a little unfair to keep putting this kind of stuff behind a money wall. Alot of us aren't that rich. A founders pack was one thing but to keep doing it? it's just not very fair on everyone else.

Edited by Critter

These items can still be accessed by non-founders via these packages. Just a thought.

Edit: But then again this may be a token of gratitude to those who further support Warframe and I'll respect that. 

Honestly, what you gotta realize is that you've Paid for what you were gonna get.

You're part of a group of Badge wearing First-Comers who fronted some cash to support DE as they worked on Warframe. 

You got your Mountain of Plat. Your Early Access club. A Warframe and two Weapons that will never be obtainable again. Ect, ect.

Now that Founders package is gone. No more Founders.

DE replaces it with this. A new kind of package containing smaller tiers altogether. What do you really get? A slightly better Farming tool. A blinged out Asa Syandana and access to some primes. (I say some Primes because this package is ever changing. When the next Prime and his/her weapons release then Ember will come OFF the pack and be replaced with the most recent one.)

Google "Shinobi". He's a decently well known video game ninja and wears a long flowing scarf.

That's fine but it's a little unfair to keep putting this kind of stuff behind a money wall. Alot of us aren't that rich. A founders pack was one thing but to keep doing it? it's just not very fair on everyone else.

The only things in that package you can't have normally are the Titan Prime, which is neat but ultimately rather bland, and a blingy scarf. You are missing nothing.

You misunderstood my post, I think. I'm saying that when I bought my founders pack, what came with it was what I payed for. I don't deserve any kind of special promotions, nor do I expect any. So I'm not bitter about not having some kind of discount on this new prime package. I don't have an opinion on the prime package other than that. I think the scarf is really tacky, actually.

Anyone, people are harping on the price, yet people seem to be buying it. Good for DE.

Edited by Charismo

The only things in that package you can't have normally are the Titan Prime, which is neat but ultimately rather bland, and a blingy scarf. You are missing nothing.

Sorry but that's your opinion. For collectors such as myself it's so frustrating knowing there's those things we couldn't get because we didn't have 100 dollars to spend on the game in 1 go

You misunderstood my post, I think. I'm saying that when I bought my founders pack, what came with it was what I payed for. I don't deserve any kind of special promotions, nor do I expect any. So I'm not bitter about not having some kind of discount on this new prime package. I don't have an opinion on the prime package other than that. I think the scarf is really tacky, actually.

Anyone, people are harping on the price, yet people seem to be buying it. Good for DE.

I actually idn't mean to quote you :p

I agree. it's fine that they want to earn money someway, but not everyone can scrap that kinda money together for a game. I'm against exclusive items in general (yes even though Im a founder with exclusive items). The more exclusive items they release, the worse it is.