The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

I'm a little confused on something, and would like if someone could clear it up. Does this prime access have to be rebought every time new primes come into play? I don't mind supporting them, as I love this game very much. However, I would strongly dislike having to keep giving 140$ every time new things come out. I guess if it has to come to that, I got no choice but to endure it.

Move the Misa Syandana scarf and all future exclusive content to Tier One of the Prime Access, along with the icons and titan prime. Then remove the glaive and sicarus to tier two and higher. Problem solved.

Founders and people who want to earn the weapons are able to buy the exclusives without ruining their game by purchasing the weapons. Keeping the exclusives in Tier three is a clear money grabbing exploit of the community in a game where they're making a very healthy profit.

This post makes the most sense out of all of them and I agree with it 100%

This bundle was clearly a money grab and putting the scarf in the tier 3 was so people had to get all the early access stuff (that most wanted to earn through playing)

Putting it in the tier 1 would have solved a lot of problems (thought I would still be pissed off since I just bought a bunch of platinum with my 50% off the other day)

I'm a little confused on something, and would like if someone could clear it up. Does this prime access have to be rebought every time new primes come into play? I don't mind supporting them, as I love this game very much. However, I would strongly dislike having to keep giving 140$ every time new things come out. I guess if it has to come to that, I got no choice but to endure it.

Yes, they're going to release exclusive content in Tier Three of every future prime release. Meaning you can expect to pay around $400 a year if you want all the exclusive content (three primes a year).

And this was another thing I am upset about. Seeing as this is the 'flare/blaze//inferno' pack. It sounds like there will be something like this for every single new prime. And I do not have the money to keep buying these packs just to get the exclusive content. I got the founders and that was enough for my budget to last a couple of months.

At the end of the day. I don't think I will be able to see DE as the perfect good guys I have always seen them as. I know you need money to keep going, but this is a dirty way of playing on the strings of the collectors to get some more cash flow.

Edited by cam-o-flage20

Thanks for clearing that up for me you two. It's a pity it'll have to be rebought, but then I suppose it's fair considering it takes quite a bit of cash, time and resources to release a lot of content, like U11 for example. 

That's not the case in the slightest. DE is making a very healthy profit and this Tier Three prime access is the equivalent of Monty Burns stealing candy from a baby. It's greedy milk.

Edited by Blowfist

Many people would complain about the price. I don't mind this.

Many people would complain about "exclusivity". I don't care about that.

Most of the current set up is fine, but the trouble comes in when the ask for another $140, $80, or $50 every time the next prime access items come out.

From what I've gathered so far you have to keep paying for the new packages instead of buying one package, and keep receiving new prime items. I can understand this, but we can't really keep buying these packages over, and over again. At the same time if we only pay once it's not very profitable for DE.

I think there just needs to be a compromise.

Suggestions?

Move the Misa Syandana scarf and all future exclusive content to Tier One of the Prime Access, along with the icons and titan prime. Then remove the glaive and sicarus to tier two and higher. Problem solved.

Founders and people who want to earn the weapons are able to buy the exclusives without ruining their game by purchasing the weapons. Keeping the exclusives in Tier three is a clear money grabbing exploit of the community in a game where they're making a very healthy profit.

Edited by Blowfist

That's not the case in the slightest. DE is making a very healthy profit and this Tier Three prime access is the equivalent of Monty Burns stealing candy from a baby. It's greedy milk.

Perhaps Alad V is hiding in plain sight and taken over DE without us knowing

If DE did what you guys are suggesting, and made the exclusives T1 and the non-exclusives T2/3, people would be complaining that the T2/3 bundles are crappy deals.

Of course the bigger, more expensive deals have more attractive stuff. That's kind of the idea.

I still don't like how they put EXCLUSIVE content behind a bunch of content you can EARN by playing the game.

It's like they don't want us to play the game they are making and want us to buy our way though it.

If DE did what you guys are suggesting, and made the exclusives T1 and the non-exclusives T2/3, people would be complaining that the T2/3 bundles are crappy deals.

Of course the bigger, more expensive deals have more attractive stuff. That's kind of the idea.

Tier three reward should be ember prime along with the plat and boosters.

Tier two should be the weapons and all Tier One rewards.

Tier one should be the exclusives to that prime access release.

DE could potentially make more money with the vast increase of Tier one purchases which could lead to people buying higher tiers since they've already bought Tier One. Unfortunately they're greedy little accountants saw instant dollars and not the long term strategy which could potentially net substantially more money for DE.

Whoever put the exclusives in Tier three screwed both DE and the community.

Tier three reward should be ember prime along with the plat and boosters.

Tier two should be the weapons and all Tier One rewards.

Tier one should be the exclusives to that prime access release.

DE could potentially make more money with the vast increase of Tier one purchases which could lead to people buying higher tiers since they've already bought Tier One. Unfortunately they're greedy little accountants saw instant dollars and not the long term strategy which could potentially net substantially more money for DE.

Whoever put the exclusives in Tier three screwed both DE and the community.

Could you explain in better detail how you figure it makes sense to take Ember Prime and her weapons (The least valuable part of the Prime Access pack, since they're obtainable normally) and leave them at higher tiers for the sake of charging less for the Exclusive stuff (The juicy part that is meant to encourage people further to take the risk of dropping a large sum of money.)

You type like you believe you know what you're talking about. So explain how it is lucrative to charge less for valuable items and more for less valuable items.

I would like to see design council (or all founders) get some perks when it comes to things like this.

I don't mean discounts on prime access, but perhaps in future, make the cosmetic items (syandana) available in the plat market for founders only.

Even if it wad like 500 plat for the syandana, atleast I would feel some benefit of being a founder when it comes to this stuff.

Could you explain in better detail how you figure it makes sense to take Ember Prime and her weapons (The least valuable part of the Prime Access pack, since they're obtainable normally) and leave them at higher tiers for the sake of charging less for the Exclusive stuff (The juicy part that is meant to encourage people further to take the risk of dropping a large sum of money.)

You type like you believe you know what you're talking about. So explain how it is lucrative to charge less for valuable items and more for less valuable items.

The juicy part is having instant access to the prime weapons and ember prime. Are you oblivious to the fact that statistically some people will never be able to get the prime frame and weapons to drop. Not to mention the numerous people who don't have the time to spend what is looking like an average of 40+ keys to get a single ember prime drop.

So yes the juicy part is for people who have tried so many times trying to get ember, failing and then upgrading to the higher tiers from their already purchased tier one.

Whoever put the exclusives in tier three has spoilt upgrade 11 for the majority of the community.

So congratulations to the accounts who urinated all over DE's hard work and graft in releasing what should of been one of the best updates.

Edited by Blowfist

The way I see it, it comes down to this.

The business-savvy types say hey, more people will shell out cash for bling if that bling is exclusive, so put that stuff at the top tier.

The people who place FUN above PROFIT say put that stuff at the first tier so those who want to work for the rest, can... and those who just want the bling can get it.

The business guys say they'd make less money that way.

The fun guys say that they'd get more sales that way.

The business guys say it's already working quite well.

The fun guys say that it's a shady, greedy business move.

The business guys say it's a smart one.

The fun guys ask if they should really be sacrificing integrity for profit.

And mind you, this is AFTER DE had to make a public apology because the community opinion of them had fallen so dramatically after Update 10.

So: It's people saying DE is doing good business, versus people not wanting DE to be greedy. All I can say is: I would've bought the first tier if it had that scarf. As it is, I'm buying none of the tiers.