Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im the only one having huge fps drops with explosive weapons?

Danielw8

This used to happen to me when my old reliable GPU finally started showing its age - managed to squeeze a little more out of it by giving it a full clean up , had to lower the quality settings a bit too.

Recently haven't seen any major drops (though i can still sometimes see a significant drop if mirage and vauban start having a particle effects competition).

Then again , haven't seen that much aoe spamming either so can't really confirm or deny.

these are large Transparency Particle Effects, which are inherently rather heavy on the GPU, particularly ones with less Memory Bandwidth.
i too wonder of what Hardware you have in your Computer, as this is the first place to look.

also, some remediation methods can be obviously to reduce the quality of Particle Effects, reducing Resolution, and also potentially reducing target Framerate (or like, setting a Framerate Limiter at all if you don't have one set).

Even if you have all settings on low. The particles are heavely visible and affecting game.

For me bane is Ogris with nightwatch. I can tell by fps drops someone using it. 

Lately Mag with nataruk is making it noticable too.

It same as to fight 7 to 10 eximus at same time, your screen is overflowed with particle effects of eximy.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Danielw8:

I can be around 80-120fps, but when i shoot with staticor/bramma/ogris/arca plasmor i get 50fps until the animation leaves my screen and then i go back to 100+

I know they wanted nerf explosive and aoe... but not like this

80-120 are extremely good! that's a very good notebook then!
I mostly play at 40 fps and rarely have 30. And it actually looks very nice and smooth. xbox is of course better. but there is very optimized hardware.

10 hours ago, taiiat said:

these are large Transparency Particle Effects, which are inherently rather heavy on the GPU, particularly ones with less Memory Bandwidth.
i too wonder of what Hardware you have in your Computer, as this is the first place to look.

also, some remediation methods can be obviously to reduce the quality of Particle Effects, reducing Resolution, and also potentially reducing target Framerate (or like, setting a Framerate Limiter at all if you don't have one set).

I had fx 6300 8gb ddr2 ram and 960 gtx 2gb, now i have ryzen 3600 16gb ram and the same 960gtx 2gb. i play without praticles, 1080p and vsync on or off (60/75hz) does the same thing. At this point any configuration, driver or windows does the same you can feel the image being slow while shooting with staticor in a very close range. Its weird because i didnt feel at all these fps drops with my old config (i had windows 8.1).

I can understand 2gb its quite low for 2022, but i not see correct playing gta v with 70-90fps all the time without any fps drops, and the freaking staticor gives me -50fps

again doesnt matter the configuration ingame or outside of the game, explosive visuals are too heavy for no reason because they are super old

8 hours ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

Even if you have all settings on low. The particles are heavely visible and affecting game.

For me bane is Ogris with nightwatch. I can tell by fps drops someone using it. 

Lately Mag with nataruk is making it noticable too.

It same as to fight 7 to 10 eximus at same time, your screen is overflowed with particle effects of eximy.

good point i was thinking the same, even if you disable something there are invisble particles and "path find" reducing fps so much

17 minutes ago, Danielw8 said:

I had fx 6300 8gb ddr2 ram and 960 gtx 2gb, now i have ryzen 3600 16gb ram and the same 960gtx 2gb. i play without praticles, 1080p and vsync on or off (60/75hz) does the same thing. At this point any configuration, driver or windows does the same you can feel the image being slow while shooting with staticor in a very close range. Its weird because i didnt feel at all these fps drops with my old config (i had windows 8.1).

hmmm. i don't have an immediate estimation on whether that sounds normal or not, but... here's some things that come to mind.

• having setup a different Computer, your Settings are different now. such as, perhaps you were running the 'Classic Graphics Engine' before, and now it's set to 'Enhanced Graphics Engine'?
  • i assume you've tried reducing things like Shadow Quality, Texture budget, you don't have 'Sharpen Temporal VFX' on, don't have Local Reflections on

some things that might and some things that will have a major impact on more modest GPU's - but mainly for experimental reasons. as you want to find a configuration that counteracts this behavior, so that it's much easier to figure out what's happening here.

also, do you have more background Software now? such as if you're running more GPU accelerated Software at the same time as the game than you would have in the past, this can potentially affect your performance if it occupies enough Resources that the game notices the fewer available Resources.

that's about all i can think of off the top of my Head, but you can also keep an eye on your GPU Utilization, particularly when the reduced performance happens, to see whether your GPU is about maxed out or not (~97%+ means maxed out, give or take a Percent or two). you can gauge just with that, GPU maxed out yes/no, that's the most reliable data point. some other data points that People commonly look at are actually totally meaningless in Video Games (such as CPU Utilization), so i only want to suggest you looking at useful data points.

Archived