The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ready for the Archon?

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

Question

Gotta admit, these Archon shards that DE gave out with the last update did make me want more - mainly because I can't decide which frame to put them on to.

Yet, so far I've shyed away from doing the hunts, just as I have with sorties (unless the few times I did them for Nora). Because for me, Zariman base missions (first 2 rotations for endless missions) and Liches are the utmost I can do comfortably without someone holding my hand.

This is similar to how things go with Steel Path. I admit that I haven't tried teaming up for incursions so far, because in my case, you'd have to push me through in a baby stroller.

Tho I'd like to have a better chance, but my builds are lacking. Yet, I still haven't fully figured out why (I also have to say I usually main frames like Valkyr and Wukong). Part of it is because I mainly relied on myself alone to come up with builds.

Maybe someone else can show me the way.

23 answers to this question

OP, don't fret too much about stepping outside your comfort zone with builds. Keep in mind that your frames and weapons and such all come with A,B,C mod configurations you can swap through. You could keep one for your own personal builds and use another for testing different setups to see if you like something else better. Check out https://overframe.gg/  if you haven't, you can find different builds on there (some may have descriptions on how to utilize them). It's helped me a bit with certain weapons when i need.

On 2022-11-13 at 12:20 PM, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

Yes, Nova.

Personally, I prefer slow Nova (I also run missions solo most of the time so there is no one who can complain if I take her). And there is also the option of taking down her range to keep her Null Stars from flying off - while I keep the range at default to keep the range on her portals (the only replacable ability on her for me is her Antimatter Drop, because I feel it's clunky to use)

Slowva is my go-to too especially for leveling stuff or Solo play outside of Survival as there making them reach you faster is more beneficial but works either way *nods*

3 minutes ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

I actually got that and put it on her.

I just don't use Overextended or Narrow Minded

yeah overextended is for the speed portion of the build, slow novas need not use it, though narrow minded helps a ton with the duration which is the stat nova needs the most, as it dictates how far and for how long enemies are primed by Molecular Prime

EDIT: you only ditch Narrow minded if you're going for a wormhole range build.

vor 1 Minute schrieb EDM774:

may I interest you in the Wonderful Augment called Molecular Fission. As long as you're killing primed enemies which in all honestly all nova's enemies should be, you'll be getting null star charges back. So range isn't that big of a concern, you'll be running negative range for a slow build anyway, but with the augment even a speed nova isn't worried about losing her survivability null stars.

may I also interest you in this totally not overkill duality nova build in which thanks to Energy conversion + Molt vigor + Madurai Sling Strength I can become a max slow nova while being a max speed nova at the same time. image.png

The standalone speed and slow builds Use the aforementioned augment and molt efficiency for more duration to spread the M prime further, the build can be further min maxed by 5 duration archon shards for maximum M prime spread. Just gotta grind the archons for a couple more years, but let's not get on that tangent here.

I actually got that and put it on her.

I just don't use Overextended or Narrow Minded

11 minutes ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

And there is also the option of taking down her range to keep her Null Stars from flying off

may I interest you in the Wonderful Augment called Molecular Fission. As long as you're killing primed enemies which in all honestly all nova's enemies should be, you'll be getting null star charges back. So range isn't that big of a concern, you'll be running negative range for a slow build anyway, but with the augment even a speed nova isn't worried about losing her survivability null stars.

may I also interest you in this totally not overkill duality nova build in which thanks to Energy conversion + Molt vigor + Madurai Sling Strength I can become a max slow nova while being a max speed nova at the same time. image.png

The standalone speed and slow builds Use the aforementioned augment and molt efficiency for more duration to spread the M prime further, the build can be further min maxed by 5 duration archon shards for maximum M prime spread. Just gotta grind the archons for a couple more years, but let's not get on that tangent here.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Claudija:

Nova is a perfect example of why Corrupted Mods exist. You see, Nova usually is modded as Speedva or Slowva- Ability Strength being the determinin factor. If your Ability Strength is above 100 or equal to it- casting Molecular Prime will make enemies move a lot faster- essential for Survival, Interception and Defense missions. However, 99 or less Ability Strength causes enemies to slooooow down like they're running through sand which is more useful in Exterminate, Sabotage and Hijack missions say. 

Like you, I'm used to self-reliance since WoW so I get your thought process clearly there, just don't fear Corrupted Mods, they buff your frame not damage it :)

Yes, Nova.

Personally, I prefer slow Nova (I also run missions solo most of the time so there is no one who can complain if I take her). And there is also the option of taking down her range to keep her Null Stars from flying off - while I keep the range at default to keep the range on her portals (the only replacable ability on her for me is her Antimatter Drop, because I feel it's clunky to use)

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Nova is a perfect example of why Corrupted Mods exist. You see, Nova usually is modded as Speedva or Slowva- Ability Strength being the determinin factor. If your Ability Strength is above 100 or equal to it- casting Molecular Prime will make enemies move a lot faster- essential for Survival, Interception and Defense missions. However, 99 or less Ability Strength causes enemies to slooooow down like they're running through sand which is more useful in Exterminate, Sabotage and Hijack missions say.

just to correct you, you mixed up the slow and speed, above 70% str is slow, capped at 145% for the max 75% slow and below 70% str is speed limited by the fact that we can't get less than 10% strength currently so the max speed ends up at 60%

because nova's strength to slow curve is linear meaning each % strength equals the same % slow with the neutral point being 70% strength given the base 30% slow at 100% strength and the aforementioned interaction.

Nova is one example of a bug made feature. DE wanted to fix it but saw the build diversity would dwindle and player outcry that would happen if such a fix were to become a reality, so they kept it as is to this day.

Like you, I'm used to self-reliance since WoW so I get your thought process clearly there, just don't fear Corrupted Mods, they buff your frame not damage it :)

vor 11 Stunden schrieb BatVenomPL:

I'd suggest sharing some of your builds so we can give you some pointers

I may as well list the mods I use for Valkyr in text here:

Steel Charge as aura

Power Drift as Exilus

Vitality

Primed Continuity

Streamline

Flow

Intensify

Constitution

Hunter Adrenaline

Augur Message

1 hour ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:
1 hour ago, L3512 said:

It absolutely does not hamper anything if done right, that's why they are called builds and not a random collection of mods. I run a solo ESO saryn with 45 efficiency, even subsuming breach surge as an experiment I could spam it faster than I needed as energy recovery was so high.

Not using corrupted mods hampers builds because they can't get enough strength/duration/range/efficiency otherwise.

My usual way of making a build is to look which stats the abilties of a frame are depending on. And I then focus on the stats that most of them depend on.

Like if 3 out 4 abilities are duration based, I increase duration. Then, I add other mods to it that I feel help, Tho I also nearly always put in Flow and Streamline.

If I don't need a stat, I normally leave it at default.

If you don't depend on certain stat then you can make it negative. For examaple Yareli's Aquablades is duration based. It attacks enemies (via Strength). I have some slightly below efficiency as I don't need to spam Aquablades. On other hand my Xaku's build that use 2nd (grasp of lohk) very often have negative (~75%) duration but high efficiency.

3 hours ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

Yet, so far I've shyed away from doing the hunts, just as I have with sorties (unless the few times I did them for Nora). Because for me, Zariman base missions (first 2 rotations for endless missions) and Liches are the utmost I can do comfortably without someone holding my hand.

I'm more ok with probably most Zariman bounties. I don't do Armagedon. I still do only few so take it with grain of salt. One thing for sure is that my frame can survive it. However the same frame dies A LOT in archon fights. That's how big bullet sponge & damage hosing it is. Even with stuffs like defense with Limbo I can get "one shooted" (I think they may fixed that). I copy-pasted some immortal build and call it a day. Nira needs some health regen or something but it works. It feels like cheating but what you can do with such content?

IMHO I wouldn't care to find a method. I could see where I lacked with the most of previous encounters but archons are just overpowered.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

My usual way of making a build is to look which stats the abilties of a frame are depending on. And I then focus on the stats that most of them depend on.

Like if 3 out 4 abilities are duration based, I increase duration. Then, I add other mods to it that I feel help, Tho I also nearly always put in Flow and Streamline.

And that is clearly not working out for you.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb L3512:

It absolutely does not hamper anything if done right, that's why they are called builds and not a random collection of mods. I run a solo ESO saryn with 45 efficiency, even subsuming breach surge as an experiment I could spam it faster than I needed as energy recovery was so high.

Not using corrupted mods hampers builds because they can't get enough strength/duration/range/efficiency otherwise.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

In general, not just in this game, I'm of the conviction that cutting down your own stats leads to problems down the line. THat's why I'm generally hesitant to put on some gear that sees stats go lower.

I've been trying to get off of that mindset, but I'm not really there yet.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Pablogamer585:

Off the basics we start then, with a little tip that doesn't have to do with Warframe but the forums then: You can select a part of a message to quote and do the same for another, instead of writing three separate messages, just as an advice, it's what most of us do.

I know this. Doing it like that was more of a personal choice.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Pablogamer585:

I must recommend you first wear off your fear for corrupted mods.
While these mods do have a negative effect to them, some frame abilities do have little benefit from certain stats, to the point where running less than 100% if often the better choice.

In general, not just in this game, I'm of the conviction that cutting down your own stats leads to problems down the line. THat's why I'm generally hesitant to put on some gear that sees stats go lower.

I've been trying to get off of that mindset, but I'm not really there yet.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Pablogamer585:

Now, as BatVenom has said, sharing a picture of your builds will help us figure out better what we're dealing with, so we can guide you more easily.

I took some screenshots from the companion app, tho I haven't wuite figured out how to post them here.

hace 6 minutos, (PSN)KyomaSatomi dijo:

Maybe we can start with the question of how I can get a frame like Valkyr ready for something like Archon hunts or SP without burning through my revives in the first minute or getting hard carried by the others in the squad.

Off the basics we start then, with a little tip that doesn't have to do with Warframe but the forums then: You can select a part of a message to quote and do the same for another, instead of writing three separate messages, just as an advice, it's what most of us do.

Now then, Valkyr is not a frame I am an expert with, but she can be built if a few different ways.
If it's an archon hunt you want to participate in, be solo or as part of a squad, I must recommend you first wear off your fear for corrupted mods.
While these mods do have a negative effect to them, some frame abilities do have little benefit from certain stats, to the point where running less than 100% if often the better choice.

Valkyr is a frame that benefits most from duration and strength for her base kit, and not quite from range.
Because of that, you can sacrifice range to boost your duration on her, while also going for effective health and overall survivability by running all three umbral mods plus Adaptation.
Even then, enemies on Archon hunts have proven to deal so much damage that even with as much damage reduction as you can have with Adaptation and a full umbral Valkitty, you are better off avoiding any instance of damage, for that, a build focused on your Hysteria is your best bet, providing both excellent damage and survivability.

Now, as BatVenom has said, sharing a picture of your builds will help us figure out better what we're dealing with, so we can guide you more easily.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

Maybe we can start with the question of how I can get a frame like Valkyr, or maybe Styanax ready for something like Archon hunts or SP without burning through my revives in the first minute or getting hard carried by the others in the squad.

I'd suggest sharing some of your builds so we can give you some pointers

vor 18 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Pablogamer585:

With that out of the way, what would you like to learn today?

Maybe we can start with the question of how I can get a frame like Valkyr, or maybe Styanax ready for something like Archon hunts or SP without burning through my revives in the first minute or getting hard carried by the others in the squad.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Pablogamer585:

If you want to try out different frames, don't be scared to ask around for builds. You can specify how you like to play so people can give you a more customized experience.
There's nothing wrong with you trying things for yourself even if it fails, or asking for help&introduction to new things. Think of it as learning something new.
You won't be good from the beginning but the more you try the better you'll be at it - or so I try with programming :P - so if you think you need it, you can always run tests and take notes of what you think isn't quite working from your build, and asks yourself or others how to fix it.

I did ask around in the past, but people did not take too kindly to the condition I had: no corrupted mods. I really had issues with the stat penalty those mods give (and I still hesitate to put them in and get stats below default value)

Tho there is also an attitude of me feeling that I just leech off of the work others do; t´let them figure things out while reaping the rewards without putting in any effort myself.
(this does have to do with experience in the past where I looked up so much about a game's secrets and puzzles that I lost any excitement about playing; and also with my general belief that I have to do things on my own or others will think I'm not capable at all)

vor 5 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Pablogamer585:

This reminds of that very cute Warframe comic about a Chroma Warlord guiding a newbie Volt through the game showing him how cool he was and stuff, and then the superior Saryn coming along and giving the Volt potatoes for his weapons and frame, and the Chroma praising her for being the best Warlord.
Because Warframe is not about carrying someone through the game but teaching them how to do it themselves.

I've seen those comics. I really like them.

This reminds of that very cute Warframe comic about a Chroma Warlord guiding a newbie Volt through the game showing him how cool he was and stuff, and then the superior Saryn coming along and giving the Volt potatoes for his weapons and frame, and the Chroma praising her for being the best Warlord.
Because Warframe is not about carrying someone through the game but teaching them how to do it themselves.

If you want to try out different frames, don't be scared to ask around for builds. You can specify how you like to play so people can give you a more customized experience.
There's nothing wrong with you trying things for yourself even if it fails, or asking for help&introduction to new things. Think of it as learning something new.
You won't be good from the beginning but the more you try the better you'll be at it - or so I try with programming :P - so if you think you need it, you can always run tests and take notes of what you think isn't quite working from your build, and asks yourself or others how to fix it.

With that out of the way, what would you like to learn today?

Archived