Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If your going through burn out with Warframe, try Genshin Impact!

larssnakes

Got kind of burnt out of Warframe after playing 5+ hours everyday for a month and a half. Went looking for another game that I might like and I found Genshin impact, and it's been great!

Go and try out Genshin Impact (or any other game) if your not having fun with Warframe, games are supposed to be fun.

On 2022-11-19 at 4:49 PM, larssnakes said:

Got kind of burnt out of Warframe after playing 5+ hours everyday for a month and a half. Went looking for another game that I might like and I found Genshin impact, and it's been great!

Go and try out Genshin Impact (or any other game) if your not having fun with Warframe, games are supposed to be fun.

Genshin Impact was a game I started about a year ago, and I can say it's very good (even if you only play for the story, boss fights, or soundtrack). 

It's funny because when people hear about it, they immediately think of the bad rep it has, but if you actually play the game you find out it's perfectly normal, and that the bad rep comes from the "wild" side of the community.

• 4 weeks later...

Genshin looks very appealing (good artstyle, satisfying gameplay/combat, good build crafting), but I don't think I'd ever enjoy the game because of the game's infamous monetization system (and the monumental grind needed to not deal with it). Buyer beware: The game is good, but it's not something you should play if you have bad self control when it comes to money.

On 2022-12-24 at 2:06 AM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I tried Destiny 2 again, realized hunters feel VERY squishy in the early game, tried Warlock and enjoyed the heals, but felt wrong not being able to shoot in the air.

I now use Dawnblade almost exclusively.

That's why I choose Titian class, but it is still squishy. I usually died by falling off platforms, dropping pads, or being sucker punched by a boss. Yet, I enjoy aiming at them, and that game has dynamic missions and maps to explore. The BGM and storytelling are more like a movie than Warframe IMO

• 2 weeks later...

I like how this topic was dead for 2 weeks (!) before a bunch of people jumped back on just to sh*t on Genshin

It's not a bad game. And it's hard to call it P2W when there isn't really any "win condition," there is no endgame (yet?), and there is no PvP, so no aspect of competition. On top of that, the gameplay just isn't difficult enough to warrant spending money for the purpose of progression. You don't need to even interact with the gacha to be able to clear all main content, and you don't need to spend any money if you just want to try for a few characters or weapons since you'll earn more than enough currency as you play.

I have spent maybe $20 total in the 2 years (off and on) I've played Genshin, which is MUCH less than I spent on Warframe just within my first year of playing. And through all that, I have more waifus and fancy swords than I even know what to do with.

I guess I'll defend OP here, as someone who enjoys both games. You're not necessarily going to enjoy Genshin just because you enjoy Warframe (or vice versa), but you might, and there's certainly nothing to lose from trying it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Unless you have a notable history of impulsive spending or gambling. In that case it's probably better that you leave Genshin, and ALL gacha games, alone.)

1 hour ago, emmyemi said:

I like how this topic was dead for 2 weeks (!) before a bunch of people jumped back on just to sh*t on Genshin

It's not a bad game. And it's hard to call it P2W when there isn't really any "win condition," there is no endgame (yet?), and there is no PvP, so no aspect of competition. On top of that, the gameplay just isn't difficult enough to warrant spending money for the purpose of progression. You don't need to even interact with the gacha to be able to clear all main content, and you don't need to spend any money if you just want to try for a few characters or weapons since you'll earn more than enough currency as you play.

I have spent maybe $20 total in the 2 years (off and on) I've played Genshin, which is MUCH less than I spent on Warframe just within my first year of playing. And through all that, I have more waifus and fancy swords than I even know what to do with.

I guess I'll defend OP here, as someone who enjoys both games. You're not necessarily going to enjoy Genshin just because you enjoy Warframe (or vice versa), but you might, and there's certainly nothing to lose from trying it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Unless you have a notable history of impulsive spending or gambling. In that case it's probably better that you leave Genshin, and ALL gacha games, alone.)

[1500 Primogems have been added to your account. Thank you, Traveler!]

On 2023-01-12 at 5:10 AM, emmyemi said:

I can agree as someone who has been f2p since I started a year ago and have several 5* characters, including both the electro and dendro archons, two male anemo dps characters, and a 5* healer that carried me the entire game. 

I don't even play the game all that much...

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I can agree as someone who has been f2p since I started a year ago and have several 5* characters, including both the electro and dendro archons, two male anemo dps characters, and a 5* healer that carried me the entire game. 

I don't even play the game all that much...

therein lies my problem with many mobile games. obviously, you can save up the currency to pull for your desired character, but the progression all depends on luck, and also depends on how much of the premium currency you have.

genshin's a cool game with very well designed anime characters and a riveting story but jesus #*!% if only chinese/japanese developers could just make games that don't rely on gacha for everything. 

38 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

therein lies my problem with many mobile games. obviously, you can save up the currency to pull for your desired character, but the progression all depends on luck, and also depends on how much of the premium currency you have.

genshin's a cool game with very well designed anime characters and a riveting story but jesus #*!% if only chinese/japanese developers could just make games that don't rely on gacha for everything. 

Well that all depends on what you define as "progression"—while there is quite a lot of luck involved in getting new characters or weapons, there are also pities and guarantees for every featured 5★, so it's really just a game of saving up until you have enough to guarantee the character or weapon, assuming you're after a specific one.

But even having more characters doesn't necessarily mean you've "progressed," because you still have to build them, level them, etc., all of which takes time and, yes, grind. That time sink can only partially be mitigated by paying money.

I do wish Genshin wasn't a gacha game. I think it would be a better game overall if it didn't have such a predatory business model. But the way it's implemented, I'm tempted to say Genshin is one of the more fair gachas out there.

I do wish they'd give us more free primos though...

3 hours ago, emmyemi said:

Well that all depends on what you define as "progression"—while there is quite a lot of luck involved in getting new characters or weapons, there are also pities and guarantees for every featured 5★, so it's really just a game of saving up until you have enough to guarantee the character or weapon, assuming you're after a specific one.

But even having more characters doesn't necessarily mean you've "progressed," because you still have to build them, level them, etc., all of which takes time and, yes, grind. That time sink can only partially be mitigated by paying money.

I do wish Genshin wasn't a gacha game. I think it would be a better game overall if it didn't have such a predatory business model. But the way it's implemented, I'm tempted to say Genshin is one of the more fair gachas out there.

I do wish they'd give us more free primos though...

many gacha games including mhy's prev titles would be 10/10 if it didn't have annoying mobile game gating mechanics honestly 

10 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

At least for genshin the currency you earn is the same as the currency you buy. 

Imagine if they made it so you mostly got the blue (standard banner wishes) for free while the premium wishes were rare drops/premium only...

Archived