Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lua focus lenses

(XBOX)Tayonae

Question

8 answers to this question

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Tayonae said:

I would like to know why not all accounts received the Lua lenses that were given out. I have 8 XBox accounts and only received the mail with the lenses on 5 of them.

If you mean the lua lenses from the Angels of Zariman update, they were part of the bonuses given (quoting from the release post) "if you have invested in the Focus system"

Did all the accounts have the old foccus system unlocked and have points invested in it?

24 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

You know this is technically against TOS?

No it's not. You can have as many alt accounts as you want. Just as long as they don't "interact". (And even then, it's a little bit more lenient on console. But it's generally not worth the risk to interact between alts)

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Tayonae said:

I would like to know why not all accounts received the Lua lenses that were given out. I have 8 XBox accounts and only received the mail with the lenses on 5 of them.

Does it have anything to do with twitch accounts? If so, you may have to unlink and relink your accounts.

1 hour ago, Cerikus said:

Huh. I know it's tolerated, but I thought it's not officially allowed.

Then re-read the thread DE posted here when others have brought this up. They don't stop us having multiple accounts at all, they just put restrictions in to protect Warframe from underhanded tactics such as using the free plat to gift the main account with slots say. In MMOs there exist the Goldspammers, people advertising via bot accounts for unofficial third party sites that take real money and give the player in-game currency in exchange; what Warframe calls the 'negative plat'.

Imagine this, you see a player with MR0 mysteriously having Excalibur Prime right now- no Founders upgrade as that ship sailed almost a decade ago. That is what DE predicted was a possible scenario if they permitted interaction with alternate accounts. You could make a thousand accounts, they could care less; but if at any one time they meet in a squad, trade or Clan- permaban for exploit. That's the official stance on the matter.

Even when say Dad makes an alt to play Warframe with his son, that can be permaban too, no exceptions

2 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Huh. I know it's tolerated, but I thought it's not officially allowed.

It's very much allowed :)

Perhaps the most common reason for alt accounts is to have them as "officers" within clans across an alliance. 

But I suspect there's others who enjoy replaying the game. I do it with single player games (as I'm sure many others do), but I've never really done it for online games (except many years ago in my MMO days, where I would pay for multiple accounts and play them all that the same time. Made grinding tonnes easier and quicker. Used to "solo" bosses uses 3 accounts, but I digress).

Archived