Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Inefficiency

Frandan

I think this is more like a feedback about playing solo in railjack, so here it goes;
 I've alerady maxed railjack and Intrinsics has been a while, and I always play in public, and there is a reason for that.
 Every time I play solo, the mission takes at least 3x/4x times as in public, I have to do every single mission topic, cause the AI barely kills the "fighters"  (they always kills about (2/3, no crewships, and only SOMETIMES help shooting reactors exposed) all the crewship and all of the asteroids or things I have to disable is all by myself, it is not rewarding enough as it is with more people, because in this case it goes way faster. Even with ALL Intrinsics maxed, it still pretty bad to complete a mission, I get exausted doing  just one mission everytime I try to when I'm in solo.
I don't know if there is a meta weapons and config to the crew (I'm using everything Zekti MKIII stuff), if it does, it surely is bad to the diversity this game offers, specially in railjack since there is not that many options as warframes and its mods has. I really hate playing it solo cause it was supposed to be a bit easier and faster as all gameplays when you get stronger weapons and mods, since this game is suposed to be repetitive in every mission, but compared to public squads on it, it is a diretcly downgrade.
 My hate for railjack is not being minimally efficient while playing solo basically, I really hoping I'm not the only one feeling like it. 

Please let your opinion or advices about it, I'll appreciate it. Thank you.
EDIT:  I forgot to say about railjack problems/sabotages like being invaded ALL the time and damaged, my crew can't keep up, even Elite ones which they all are and I've rotated them as well to change this inefficiency.

Forget about crew shooting radiators, its very unreliable. Better is to expose the radiator yourself, recall, use Shatter Burst on the building then go back.

For mods, Hyperstrike, Predator, Section Density, Forward Artillery, Artillery Cheap Shot are imo the must. For weapons, I use Photor as forward weapon and Pulsars as sideguns, with crew maxed Gunnery they have no problem with any kind of fighter that may spawn, also shooting down Ramsleds. Crewships you have to shoot yourself with artillery. With maxed mod for artillery, crewships from any mission will go down in single shot. Photor is only requirement for corpus railjack as crewships have those directional shields, shooting Photor in the middle of the shield go through and kills the drone. Pulsars have the biggest range, for targetting boarders.

For attack mods, I suggest Blackout Pulse (disables crewships for easy artillery shot), Shatter Burst (for radiators, shield bubbles and general damage) and Missile Swarm

For equipment, its a matter of preference, but I suggest picking Zetki shields that give bonus damage when shields are depleted.

For crew, assign 2 gunners and engineer. All 3 will go out from guns and attack enemies when boarded. Give them your most OP guns you have except Snipers.

Going solo will ALWAYS be slower than group, as people might go and do side objective while you shoot the ships, but shouldnt exceed 15-20 mins on even toughest Veil missions. Most time consumers are Corpus side objectives and you cannot make them faster unfortunately with waiting for Cy to hack stuff. Grinner missions are generally faster even with 2 objectives.

18 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Forget about crew shooting radiators, its very unreliable. Better is to expose the radiator yourself, recall, use Shatter Burst on the building then go back.

Unless it's a Shipkiller or Missile Battery, in which case you're better off just running back to the entrance and shooting it with Archwing

My own experiences seem to differ a lot...?!? 

My Gunners can easily neutralise most small enemy fighters even in Proxima Veil. They can't destroy Airships though, but I don't really expect them to be able to, that would be too broken. We the player can't, unless we use Forward Artillery or fly in and blow up the reactor. 

My substitute pilot will also frequently and reliably shoot objectives. Sometimes they can be a little slow, but I am not sure if thats because I flew over in my Archwing from something, so they need to actually travel over. Usually when I park nearer they are on it it faster. One other time it was because Invaders were on the ship shooting them. Did also hear there was an update that broke them for a bit, but as last week they were fine/reliable for me (getting Corrupted Holokeys for Tenet Ferrox). 

So my solo runs are often faster than PUBS (though this will range and have more inconsistency. If I get paired up with people who know what they are doing, it can be a bit faster, if the other three have no idea, its much slower - also to be clear, I don't mind playing with people with no idea, but ideally its 2 people that don't know, and 2 people that do, and training up/helping the other 2 understand/learn. Can be hard to help others if either the Railjack is about to explode, or someone isn't dealing with objectives. 

i find Gunners to be competent enough.

1 hour ago, RobWasHere said:

For attack mods, I suggest Blackout Pulse (disables crewships for easy artillery shot), Shatter Burst (for radiators, shield bubbles and general damage) and Missile Swarm

Shatter Burst is also good for speed Mining a cloud of breakables (since Blackout Pulse got nerfed on that).

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Unless it's a Shipkiller or Missile Battery, in which case you're better off just running back to the entrance and shooting it with Archwing

i mean, Shatter Burst will definitely be a lot faster for the second Radiator.

Archived