Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General improvement ideas, feedback requested.

Traumtulpe

Every day in Warframe I come across a hundred things that aren't really functional, and I think to myself: "If only DE did *this*, the game would be so much better, and it would be so easy too!". So I'd like a reality check please. Am I just that off, or do you agree with my sentiment? Let me give you examples:

• Ash: The only functional ability is Smoke Screen, but this could be easily fixed!
    • Shuriken: Does literally nothing for 25 energy. Make them actually hit what the player aims at instead of flying off in random directions, augment (armor strip) as part of the base ability, and make them explode (for the full effect) in a 3m radius.
    • Teleport: Have you seen Nova's Wormhole? Allow teleport to function without target, and straight up remove the animation at the end (or at least allow the player to override it).
    • Bladestorm: This would be *okay* if you could reactivate it to keep marking while your clones (*very* slowly) do their thing.

If you play around with Bladestorm, Teleport, or unaugmented Shuriken, you are simply doing it wrong. As in, you won't be able to keep up life support in a Steel Path survival. That's bad, isn't it?

• Titania:
    • Diwata (the exalted melee, since you probably don't even remember what "Diwata" is) is an unfinished mess. It cannot equip good mods (Blood Rush etc.) because it's an exalted weapon, it has godawful stats, and no heavy attacks. Oh, and it has no stance either (no multipliers/procs). What the f. Oh, and archmelee in its entirety is somehow in an even worse state than the Diwata, but nevermind that, the game has more important issues.
    • Tribute is four seperate half- (or even quarter-) abilities. Each seperate ability is barely worth using, and definitely not worth scrolling through them, keeping timers up, targeting enemies, and picking up the buffs. At all. I suggest the same treatment Nourish got - make it one ability, done. It won't even be anywhere near as powerful as Nourish is.

Next is Chroma, he has 3 things going for him: He can double Profit Takers credit reward, he can bullet jump twice, and he is bugged to massively increase glaive damage. Nothing else. We need a complete rework here. And no, a base damage buff that has 0 effect on Acolytes or Archons does not count.

• Valkyr:
    • Hysteria is frontrunner for "worst stance in the entire game". People only use ground finishers or slide attacks with it for a reason. I'd literally take normal claw stances over it.
    • War Cry needs to be recastable. Obviously. This can't be *that* hard to implement, can it now?
    • Rip Line is just as bad as Ash's teleport. Make it move Valkyr a lot faster, and pull in enemies similar to what you did with Mag's Pull (except in a narrow cone).

Zephyr is great, except Tail Wind cannot be used for movement in narrow tilesets (because it kills all momentum at the end when near the ground), and Tornadoes die in 2 heavy attacks. Yeah, you can kill your own tornadoes, they have (a laughable) 500k health.

Ivara's stealth is so outdated. Drains energy on melee hit? Drains energy on damage taken (including auras and lost health)? Drains extra energy on movement? Makes you roll like a loon because that's all you can do besides walking very slowly? I'd play Ivara again if I could bullet jump during her invisibility. Oh, and Noise Arrow needs a rework (as in, it doesn't work at all in most situations).

• Atlas:
    • How about you add 50% armor strip to the petrification radius of Rumblers? I'm not paying 100 energy for that ability as it is, and Atlas struggles with armor.
    • Petrify does NOT target where the player aims, but rather where the Warframe faces - combined with it's narrow cone that's just terrible and makes it hard to hit enemies while moving.

Compare 2 Helminth abilities, Petrify and Radial Blind: Petrify has 14m range, a narrow cone, and 50% damage vulnerability, for 75 energy. Radial Blind has 25m range, 360 degrees AoE, +700% bonus melee damage (additive to crits), for 50 energy. That's just painful, isn't it? Buff Petrify, by a lot. Nobody is using Radial blind, despite it being 10x as good as Petrify. At the very least make it's cone scale with range for 360 degrees at 200% range.

Decoy... have you seen Octavias Mallet?? At the very, very least, make Decoy not die instantly.

I'll stop now, since this is already too long. I'm curious to read your feedback.

7 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:
  • Shuriken: Does literally nothing for 25 energy. Make them actually hit what the player aims at instead of flying off in random directions, augment (armor strip) as part of the base ability, and make them explode (for the full effect) in a 3m radius.
  • Teleport: Have you seen Nova's Wormhole? Allow teleport to function without target, and straight up remove the animation at the end (or at least allow the player to override it).
  • Bladestorm: This would be *okay* if you could reactivate it to keep marking while your clones (*very* slowly) do their thing.

I only disagree with Shuriken, as I'm neither a fan of explosives on a stereotypical ninja frame, nor of a precision requirement identical to the Nataruk that would take care of the problem in the same timeframe (and twelve problems behind that one). The issue, so far as I can tell, is that the blades are (usually) thrown from within a forward-facing cone, but will lock onto things outside the cone. Due to their turn radius limit, they can lack the ability to hit that extraneous target. So 1. shrink the targeting to the aforementioned cone so shuriken aren't trying to hit things behind the player and 2. add blade throws to tag all enemies within the cone (because the other frustration is "no, I wanted to hit that target"). With the augment, it behaves not unlike a narrower Tharros Strike without healing, pushback, or finisher—seems pretty fair for a first ability plus an augment, and still unique. And one could also add a synergy with Bladestorm to expand the cone size and mark targets hit by shuriken, just to make the base ability more worthwhile and his kit a little more interconnected. Like a lite version of the old Bladestorm.

I don't really play the other frames mentioned here—barring Loki, though the "make the decoy not die" is such a well-beaten horse I think it's got a closet of leather outfits—but I find it hard to disagree.

If we're talking general improvement ideas, since I've been using Exodia Contagion a fair bit...

...can we please be rid of wall-cling melee attacks? It's just an animation and time waste.

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Shuriken: Does literally nothing for 25 energy.

lol what? they deal very high amounts of slash damage and can curve so you don't even need to be that precise with them: this sounds like a build issue on your end to me, when I throw a Shuriken, the target either dies or ends up bleeding for quite some time.

Teleport:

I'll agree that it needs to do more: let it be a free teleport to point of aim (no target required) and perhaps apply a short melee buff as well as finishers upon enemies within melee reach of where you land. with practice you could effectively "chain-kill" enemies using this method: not as fast as Bladestorm but cheaper energy-wise and still pretty fun IMO if you want to be a true ninja.

Bladestorm:

Bladestorm is never goign to be agreed upon by players no matter what at this point, personally I think that while the clones go to work, Ash himself should be able to pull off his own unique acrobatic kills with his Hidden Blades.

Titania:

I agree that Diwata could be better, but yes, the state of Arch-melee as a whole is an even bigger issue: personally I'd love for a total overhaul of the system: new mods and stances to be given to the Arch-Melees, and allowing them to be equipped as a Heavy Weapon, so if we want to wield a ludicrously oversized sword, we can slap a Gravimag on a Veritux and go all Final Fantasy on some Grineer!.

Next is Chroma, he has 3 things going for him: He can double Profit Takers credit reward, he can bullet jump twice, and he is bugged to massively increase glaive damage. Nothing else. We need a complete rework here. And no, a base damage buff that has 0 effect on Acolytes or Archons does not count.

sounds like you really hate Chroma. still, he got a rework already, so we're likely not going to see any more changes to his kit for the foreseeable future, whether we like it or not.

Valkyr:

Valkyr absolutely needs a rework, no question about it: I'm hoping that she will be one of Pablo's reworks of 2023, along with Hydroid and Inaros.

Zephyr is great, except Tail Wind cannot be used for movement in narrow tilesets (because it kills all momentum at the end when near the ground), and Tornadoes die in 2 heavy attacks. Yeah, you can kill your own tornadoes, they have (a laughable) 500k health.

didn't know about the Tornado killing, but I wonder if that's intentional since they ragdoll enemies and not everyone likes that (look at how they nerfed the Sonicor because people complained). Tail Wind could be fixed by making it a tap/hold ability like Void Sling. 

Ivara's stealth is so outdated.

might be more worthwhile if they put the augment into it: IMO all thsoe downsides are worth it for cheesing spy vaults, and if you're taking Ivara to anything other than Spy, then you needn't cast any power except her 4 when you want the damage.

Atlas

IMO Tectonics is his weakest ability. Atlas is probably in that category of frames that could use some tweaks, but isn't in as much need of a look at as some other frames. 

Decoy

Loki as a whole needs a full rework, regardless of what his fanbase says. 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I throw a Shuriken, the target either dies or ends up bleeding for quite some time.

You're being sarcastic, right? But thanks for the feedback.

And I don't hate Chroma, it's just a fact that health/armor tanking isn't useful in todays Warframe, and DPS caps invalidate his 3 (since they always include base damage). If you want a Warframe that could oneshot level 100000 (no, I didn't add too many zeros) with Glaive Prime he is your guy, but then you'd have to spam Protective Sling to survive.

On 2022-12-22 at 8:25 PM, Traumtulpe said:
  • Ash: The only functional ability is Smoke Screen, but this could be easily fixed!

If you play around with Bladestorm, Teleport, or unaugmented Shuriken, you are simply doing it wrong. As in, you won't be able to keep up life support in a Steel Path survival. That's bad, isn't it?

Smoke screen is a lot better than ppl think however coz of the boring damage mete and the ability not at it potential ppl don`t value how good it could be.

Shuriken -  I`d say have both press to seek enemies but hold to throw in a strait line, no armour strip don`t need to be apart of shuriken I'd rather the quality of shuriken be improved than just lazy making the augment into the ability, if you want armour strip you use the augment. 

Teleport - again I'd rather have both, press to teleport to enemy or hold to teleport anywhere, this makes it a both mobility and a combat teleport ability. The animation is fine it`s a spin kick that stuns enemies it looks sick and it makes sense so it`s fine.

Bladestorm - The marking mechanic on Ash is bad coz it`s based on damage, other ppl will always beat you in terms of the number of kills. What bs needs is an amalgam of the old and the current bs without any of their issues.

Ash is a good frame but he has issues that most ppl don`t know about (teleport cant consistently open humanoid enemies to finishers). What Ash needs is a changes to bring his 1,2 and 3 up a level and make his 4 more efficient.

If he can get a changes on the level of what Nezha got then he would be sick as heck and with Pablo in charge I know he will be great.

Archived