Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cooldown time reduction for failed mastery quests

Ricciopreciso

Everyone goes through it. They give you the chance to practice as much as you want before you attempt it for real. Plus there's no penalty for going over the amount of mastery points it takes to start that test, since it all accumulates anyways.

On 2022-12-29 at 3:07 AM, Drasiel said:

I do think it would be fair to lower the failure and success cool down to 23 hours instead of 24. That way you if you keep failing you won't normally push the test time outside of your regular play time.

maybe it's better to reduce it to 12 h

On 2022-12-28 at 3:12 PM, Juliuseizure said:

After 250 hours of Warframe I reached the mastery rank 9 test and have failed 4 times, 4 days in a row. I am completely disgusted by the mastery rank system and its 24-hour timer and have given this game a 1-star review on steam because of it. it's a real shame this complete progress halt is in the game and that's why i plan to never come back to a game that won't stop punishing me for playing it. On the surface the game was one of the best I've ever played, but after suffering through the mastery rank system for 4 days straight I am taking my money I planned to throw at this game and buying Destiny 2 and all of its downloadable content.

50 minutes ago, Ricciopreciso said:

I've seen it but in my opinion it would be better to reduce or completely eliminate the countdown

It's there to slow down your progression, even a little. You can prepare for it so taking ~month to fully get all stuffs is not enough. 1 day countdown is there so you are not burn out for using lot of stuffs NOW.

They just need to allow us to do it immediately. The time restraint is not respectful of our time. We already have to wait for other things to  get build and daily reset. I just think it's an idiotic design choice. Some people they can just shrug it off and wait but there are those like me it's just gonna be annoyed until we can do it again and complete it.  I don't find the tests fun. I just want it done and over with. 

So much this -> Mastery cooldown between ranks sure fine whatever.

But the same cooldown on failure is a bunch of baloney. And yes I did practice the test, and yes I did pass it without issue in the practice, and yes in the actual test the god damn npcs got x ray vision and spotted me through the pillars left and right because stealth is such a consistent good mechanic. BS I call it.

If I failed I would get really annoyed. But a few days after having succeeded I would not really care anymore. It is water under the bridge. Not a big deal. You have as much time as you want to practice. Failing is on you.

Continues to heavily advocate switching up the cooldown timer from On Attempt to On Completion, the cooldown time itself (24hrs) is fine as it stands

That simple swippityswap retains DEs desired 24hr time gate without being nearly the detriment to player enjoyment that the current system is. 

It's a very niche issue, but I think a cool time is necessary because of the potential for rampant RMT activity and platinum price destruction using multiple accounts.

However, the current CT is long and rarely unreasonable at times. I think it would be better to adjust the CT so that it only occurs when you are promoted.

No timer. We already have so many timers to deal with in game.  Players should be able to retry Mastery tests as often as they like. I do not care if there is a practice test. It's not good enough. Let me get the mastery test done and let me move on with my day. If I failed the test it's that mastery test reminder is going to annoy me until I am able to get it done.

Archived