The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archon Shard Fusion Segment for Foundry

Mahlyath

First, not certain if this has been done before or I'm just another person in a sea of people who have thought of this already but this is just a concept I would like to propose.

I may be able to speak for some players as some of us may have excess archon shards that they don't particularly want to use or have no use at all for them. And some of us may not have the best of luck getting our hands on tauforged archon shards. My solution is simple, a segment for the foundry that can create tauforged archon shards along with transmuting unwanted shards into ones you would want to use for your warframes.

Creating a tauforged shard I have pondered with, as I was thinking the segment's requirement to fuse a tauforged shard could be 5 of one type or 3 of one type with additional resources. Either way, getting any archon shard is a tedious endeavor so my personal choice leans to the ladder.

As for transmuting shards from one into another, I will display it in a simple mathematical formula because I sometimes have a difficult time explaining things lol..

Crimson = Azure + Amber + Some other resource

Azure = Crimson + Amber + Some other resource

Amber = Crimson + Amber + Some other resource

The same would be true if you want tauforged versions of the shards, only difference is it would be harder to obtain tauforged or cost a lot more resources if creating tauforged shards becomes a thing.

But regardless this is my idea for archon shards, hopefully its something interesting enough that could possibly be seen in the game at some point.

Another thing to note:

The "segment" part was just part of the concept that I forgot to mention, It could be a blueprint that can be bought off Chipper. And the bp itself could require 1 of each shard along with something else.

I'd rather see some way to upgrade a single normal shard into tauforged even if a big grind is justified for it.

I think it's worth keeping in mind that 1 tauforged shard = 1.5 normal shard, so consuming 2 shards to make a single tauforged is already a net loss for the player, and then you're proposing to use 3 to 5 while entirely disregarding that we can get up to 2 shards/week.

31 minutes ago, Mahlyath said:

I'm just another person in a sea of people who have thought of this already

Spoiler

Ec2QomX.png

Regarding your idea, i will just say again the same i have said in every other "I want a way to make TauForge Shards" topic i encountered:

The whole Shard system is already overkill in the game. TauForged Shards shouldnt be a thing.

By me i would have the TauForged Shards be completely removed from the game. Players that already have them would get their normal variants for compensation.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ec2QomX.png

Regarding your idea, i will just say again the same i have said in every other "I want a way to make TauForge Shards" topic i encountered:

The whole Shard system is already overkill in the game. TauForged Shards shouldnt be a thing.

By me i would have the TauForged Shards be completely removed from the game. Players that already have them would get their normal variants for compensation.

Gonna be honest, I see no difference in the shards besides the crimson shards, those I can see needing a bit of a nerf. Amber shards is almost useless unless its equipped to certain warframes and azure shards are alright, at least in my opinion.

And the term overkill is basically what describes warframe. Ask any Saryn or Mesa player who just mow down enemies in a single room 1000x over, even after the many nerfs they have had over the years they are still blowing away enemies. This goes with weapons as well, some just got nerfed not too long ago and they are still functioning as if they weren't touched.

I hate to break it to you but if you want the term overkill to not apply to the game anymore, around 50% of the game would need to be altered.

Now don't get me wrong, I agree with your view on overkill but just mainly in different areas.  I give the archon shards an exception only because they are harder to obtain especially behind so many required tasks, starting as a beginner going through the whole story and getting strong enough just to make a dent on the archon hunt enemies is a chore. I find it rewarding just to get a regular shard let alone tauforged. And as a personal view that I think they were designed specifically for Archon Hunts along with Steel Path, very much "late game" upgrades which are supposed to be overpowered.

And if that's the case I would ask for a difficulty lock for the shards. You can equip them normally but they only affect you when you're in lvl.100+ missions.

Sort of like terraria if you ever played that, certain equipment slots only become useable under certain difficulty.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ec2QomX.png

I totally agree.  But removing them seems to me like a pretty implausible move for DE to make at this point. 

Assuming tau shards aren't just deleted, how would you prefer they be handled?

2 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I'd rather see some way to upgrade a single normal shard into tauforged even if a big grind is justified for it.

I think it's worth keeping in mind that 1 tauforged shard = 1.5 normal shard, so consuming 2 shards to make a single tauforged is already a net loss for the player, and then you're proposing to use 3 to 5 while entirely disregarding that we can get up to 2 shards/week.

I see where you are coming from, but how the devs already made tauforged shards a 1 out of 5 drop chance (basically 1 every 5 weeks in a perfect world), I wouldn't put it pass them to make it difficult to fuse a tauforged shard or transmute into a different one of interest.

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

I totally agree.  But removing them seems to me like a pretty implausible move for DE to make at this point. 

Assuming tau shards aren't just deleted, how would you prefer they be handled?

I gave the idea of a difficulty lock, all shards can be equipped but do not function unless you're in a lvl.100+ mission (steel path, archon hunt, etc.)

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ec2QomX.png

Also, you don't have to be harsh with certain comments. Just because you get annoyed with certain things doesn't make it right to take those frustrations out on others. Even if it was a joke, jokes have some truth with them.

2 hours ago, Mahlyath said:

Amber shards is almost useless unless its equipped to certain warframes and azure shards are alright, at least in my opinion.

Any warframe caster loves the amber... since with 2 you have 50% cast reduction which allows you to carry another mod calmly. 
Ash, ember, nova, frost, banshee, valkyr, garuda, or any warframe with abilities with a long animation.

On 2023-01-05 at 1:15 PM, ----Legacy---- said:

Considering Tau is a sentient thing, I could see something like sentient shards or some sentient resource in a sentient based mission being used. 

All these open worlds, I keep imagining one that’s located in an area where lots of sentients are located. And there is a guy you can trade a shard for a different one. But can only do it so often as such shards are rare. Part of me is also imagining the amalgams that Alad V has created. What if a few have become defected and end up opposing Alad V. Leading to some creating more sentient based weapons and possibly creating new mods similar to the sacrificial mods and archon mods. The Wolf of Saturn Six is an example of someone betraying or opposing Alad V despite his sentient upgrade. Granted his came from a mask. But still, by now you’d think the Zanuka Hunter would have been improved. Having a sentient one that adapts to our attacks be made and sent out. Could be an open world on Jupiter that’s more city like or similar to the Zariman. And maybe there are portals that sentients spawn through. Leading to us fighting a lot from that one event, think it was Scarlet Spear. Some missions we end up going through the portal and infiltrating a sentient ship like in the Railjack missions or Kahl. 

Again, there a many things DE could do. I’m mentioning the open world simply cause it would be a way for DE to add I or introduce a lot of sentient related content. And it would be nice to get to explore other open worlds that are different. Surprised there is a desert open world on mercury where Steel Meridian is more involved in. Maybe something similar for mars where some grineer and Corpus decided to lay down their arms and help each other out. When people made Sun Goddess concepts, that’s something I’ve tried suggesting. 

On 2023-01-05 at 6:38 PM, Mahlyath said:

I see where you are coming from, but how the devs already made tauforged shards a 1 out of 5 drop chance (basically 1 every 5 weeks in a perfect world), I wouldn't put it pass them to make it difficult to fuse a tauforged shard or transmute into a different one of interest.

The highlighted part is exactly what's wrong with your reasoning since the world we live in is really far from perfect.

If the devs wanted things to work as you claim, they could have added a +100% chance to get a tauforged shard for every successful hunt where the player gets a normal shard and stacks reset when player gets a tauforged; this way our chances for a tauforged shard would go from 20% to 40 - 60 - 80 - 100% which would actually mean that even the most unlucky player get a tauforged shard every 5th week without removing the possibility to get 2 or more tauforged shards in a row for lucky players.

But no, instead the devs made tauforged shards have a fixed 20% drop chance, which means you have 1/5 chances to get them from a successful hunt, but also have 4/5 chances to get a normal shard on your weekly roll with no way to improve your luck and that's it. Any other way to read probabilities is straight up nonsense.

4 hours ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

Considering Tau is a sentient thing, I could see something like sentient shards or some sentient resource in a sentient based mission being used

Ngl, after almost 10 years playing, I can see DE taking a shortcut and adding something like that to Orphix missions where each orphix thingy drops a single unit of a brand new core type which is also the only one that can be used to upgrade shards, simply because some players may already have endless stocks of every single sentient core type already available.

Fwiw, i'm neither a fan of railjack nor "open worlds", but i may give them another shot if these allowed me to tauforge shards.

Archived