Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daikyu Prime Copium thread

Skoomaseller

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

Lanka sure but I find it kinda boring....

Paris and Dread are basically the same Incarnon form. 

nah I mean base forms. see base paris' description

Based on one of the world's oldest weapon designs, this Tenno-crafted weapon can be used both in stealth and in open combat. The Paris uses a chargeable magnetic field to launch arrows capable of impaling enemies to walls.

• Like 3

On 2023-06-19 at 12:13 AM, Skoomaseller said:

nah I mean base forms. see base paris' description

Based on one of the world's oldest weapon designs, this Tenno-crafted weapon can be used both in stealth and in open combat. The Paris uses a chargeable magnetic field to launch arrows capable of impaling enemies to walls.

Cool, but at the end if the day: The Paris is still a bow. It functions just like any other bow that's ever existed its just got space magic Augmenting it.

For a Railgun I'd like a single shot, break open action. Something similar to Halo or BF4s Railgun (I'd go further back to Red Faction 1's  Railgun) 

Now that's a Railgun.

Daikyu Incaron could work the same way. Just a big bolt of infinite punch through. 

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

For those who didn't read my comments from page 4, I'm going to explain (again) my theory about what prime access could make daikyu prime a thing, using some quotes from the official wiki and highlighting some key phrases which back up my theory:

-Daikyu:

"Daikyu takes great strength to draw back, but provides added power and range to every shot"

"The daikyū (大弓) is one of two variants of the Japanese asymmetrical yumi bow"

-Grendel

"During his development, Grendel was referred to as the "Oni" Warframe. In Japanese folklore, Oni are depicted as hulking, horned ogres with a penchant for terrorizing humans, up to and including devouring them"

-Masseter:

"Keeping with Grendel's design being inspired by Oni, the Masseter's design is based on the Kanabō, a studded, two-handed club used by samurai. The cumbersome nature of the kanabō resulted in the weapon being associated with oni due to their great strength"

Let's hope this winter we get daikyu prime with grendel's prime access.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)ParcaSinietro said:

For those who didn't read my comments from page 4, I'm going to explain (again) my theory about what prime access could make daikyu prime a thing, using some quotes from the official wiki and highlighting some key phrases which back up my theory:

-Daikyu:

"Daikyu takes great strength to draw back, but provides added power and range to every shot"

"The daikyū (大弓) is one of two variants of the Japanese asymmetrical yumi bow"

-Grendel

"During his development, Grendel was referred to as the "Oni" Warframe. In Japanese folklore, Oni are depicted as hulking, horned ogres with a penchant for terrorizing humans, up to and including devouring them"

-Masseter:

"Keeping with Grendel's design being inspired by Oni, the Masseter's design is based on the Kanabō, a studded, two-handed club used by samurai. The cumbersome nature of the kanabō resulted in the weapon being associated with oni due to their great strength"

Let's hope this winter we get daikyu prime with grendel's prime access.

god I hope grendel prime comes with it. also hoping they lean more into the "oni" theme.

ALSO hoping for a neat gimmick 👀 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, (XBOX)ParcaSinietro said:

DE confirmed Zylok prime for Grendel prime on tennolive :(

Dagath only looks like she will have a Melee though! Which means when we get Dagath Prime... its possible they will add in an older Prime weapon... 

We only have to wait until 2027!!! 

Considering she will be horror themed, and Daikyu is so majestic and incredible, it borders on being a beautiful horrific beauty... Much like biblically Angels! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, (XBOX)ParcaSinietro said:

If they didn’t launch Daikyu prime with Grendel prime (both have the japanese/strenght theme), idk if thinking about thematics is useful at all

Daikyu Prime will come with Protea Prime, alongside Velox Prime.

[inhales copium]

• Like 2

Considering the release schedule, signature weapons, remaining stuff left to be Prime and that Gauss Prime will come with Acceltra and Akrius Prime, the Daikyu Prime can come with...

Protea + Velox (Secondary) in March/2024
Xaku + Quassus (Melee), unless they decide to prime the Entrati weapons or a Necramech, in June/2024
Sevagoth + Epitaph (Secondary) in either September or December/2024, if they don't Prime Nautilus (Lavos has Cedo as a primed primary, so skip)
Yareli + Kompressa (Secondary) in March or June/2025 (Gyre has Alternox as primed primary, another skip)
Caliban + Venato (Melee) in September or December/2025 (Styanax has Afentis, skeep)

Then Voruna, Citrine and Kullervo in 2026 all have primaries and other signature weapons (Perigale + Sarofang, Steflos + Corufell, Rauta)

Spoiler

The primaries left to be primed outside signature weapons are: Attica (We already have the Nagantaka and Zhuge, unlikely?), Quellor and Veldt. Not that many left.
The secondaries left are AkZani, Athodai (since the Zylok got a Prime, this one might too), Castanas, Fusilai (Likely to come with Citrine due the glass/crystal theme?) and Talons.
The melee left are Boltace, Cassowar, Ceramic Dagger, Dark Blade Series, Dragon Nikana, Ether Blade Series, Heat Blade Series, Dual Raza, Endura, Gazal Machete (Likely to come with Djinn Prime?), Jaw Sword, Lacera, Okina, Pennant, Magistar, Sarpa, Shaku, Sibear? (Is it even a Tenno weapon? I assume its Corpus), Tonbo, Vericres and Dual Zoren.

Then there is all the sentinels (Diriga, Djinn, Nautilus, Taxon, Oxylus), archguns (Cyngas, Dual Decurions, Fluctus, Imperator, Phaedra, Velocitus) and stuff. I don't think they will pull a primed Archwing.

So considering all the possibilities, you either will only need to huff copium until next year or will have to buy some industrial grade copium for the next 3 years.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Nice list @MobyTheDuck, though there’s some things you should consider:

-Nautilus and Quellor are considered “dax weapons” (if they’re no tenno/orokin weapon, it can’t get primed)

-A better candidate for Sevagoth could be Pennant (still a dax weapon, but it’s the community’s favourite) 

-Akzani is Mirage’s signature weapon (it shouldn’t get primed with other warframes)

-Fusilai is one of Gara’s signature weapons (same reason here)

-Dragon nikana is a version of the nikana, which already has a prime

-Gazal machete is dependant of djinn to get prime and you can’t (yet) put more than 2 weapons on the same prime access (I could see both in a baro-exclusive reliq)

-Oxilus is a solaris sentinel (not tenno) and Diriga is a grineer sentinel (same thing).

-All archwings/archmelee are not options for DE to take into account 

All things considered I like the effort you put into your list and I just wanted to add my knowledge as a backup for what you already published.

Dagath is only coming with a melee whip weapon. 

Therefore she is now also a future candidate that will lack a Primed instrument slot. 

Now when you think about it, one of Dagath's primary characteristics, is that she lacks most of the middle of her head. There is a huge hole in her head. 

The uncanny among you may know, that when you shoot an very large and heavy arrow, from a very large and heavy bow, known for its heavy draw, and the patience and timing to wield it... you often blow out chunks of flesh from the enemy. Creating large holes and gaps. Coincidence? 

Another noteworthy aspect of Dagath, as emphasised by Creative Director Rebecca Ford, is that Dagath starts with the letter... D. 

You know what else starts with the letter D? 

Destiny. As in it can only be Destiny that Dagath Prime also come with Daikyu Prime. Anything less, would be less than, the sense, that it makes, than what I just said, more or less. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-10-18 at 3:27 PM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Dagath is only coming with a melee whip weapon. 

Therefore she is now also a future candidate that will lack a Primed instrument slot. 

Now when you think about it, one of Dagath's primary characteristics, is that she lacks most of the middle of her head. There is a huge hole in her head. 

The uncanny among you may know, that when you shoot an very large and heavy arrow, from a very large and heavy bow, known for its heavy draw, and the patience and timing to wield it... you often blow out chunks of flesh from the enemy. Creating large holes and gaps. Coincidence? 

Another noteworthy aspect of Dagath, as emphasised by Creative Director Rebecca Ford, is that Dagath starts with the letter... D. 

You know what else starts with the letter D? 

Destiny. As in it can only be Destiny that Dagath Prime also come with Daikyu Prime. Anything less, would be less than, the sense, that it makes, than what I just said, more or less. 

Finally. CONCRETE #*!%ing evidence. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-11-08 at 5:58 PM, (XBOX)ParcaSinietro said:

I would not like to fall again in thematics (knowing what happened with Grendel), but his deluxe skin is based on a japanese pottery repair method named Kintsugi…

I'm not going on thematics at all. Xaku only came with the Quassus, so Xaku has a free weapon slot available.

So it would be a good time for Daikyu to get primed.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

I'm not going on thematics at all. Xaku only came with the Quassus, so Xaku has a free weapon slot available.

So it would be a good time for Daikyu to get primed.

broken frame = broken weapons = broken daikyu

daikyu prime will be released with 100% base cc

• Like 4