Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why link rivens when they are irrelevant?

CaptainSpear

Question

alright. sometimes, i unveil rivens for fun/to see if they are any good or not, and i usually end up selling them. i want you all to know, i dont re-roll rivens for any gun i dont own/ any riven i plan on selling.

and if you search enough, you will find a buyer looking for a cheap riven/unrolled riven that you have. they say they are willing to pay for ANYTHING.

my question is: why should i link rivens even when the other party plans to reroll them? 

RE-ROLLS arent based on the current roll! if you re-roll, you get different stats! linking the riven would be useless!

if you plan to "buy anything, and plan to reroll" judging a riven on its CURRENT stats is useless! WHY should i link it? 

8 answers to this question

Because they are scammers they aren't looking to buy anything. They are looking to prey on people that just got an unrolled riven after the sacrifice and they don't know that a CC/CD/AS -Heavy attack efficiency is the best possible riven you can get and worth hundreds if not thousands of plat thus selling it to a person for a fraction of the cost.

Just ignore them.

38 minutes ago, CaptainSpear said:

if you plan to "buy anything, and plan to reroll" judging a riven on its CURRENT stats is useless! WHY should i link it?

The only reason I can think of that would be worthwhile would be to check the MR requirement to ensure their MR is high enough to actually trade for the riven.

"WTB Trash Riven, post links. No Reply =NTY"

if they Really wanted Trash (for transmutation) they wouldn't need links, they'd just take anything. These people are hoping to take advantage of a noob who doesn't realize they're had something good. Further, they don't respect others' time and expect to just sit there and see a stream of links without the courtesy of replying. -they aren't negotiating in good faith.

Just put them on your Ignore List

7 hours ago, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

The only reason I can think of that would be worthwhile would be to check the MR requirement to ensure their MR is high enough to actually trade for the riven.

you only need to be MR8 in order to Trade Rivens, regardless of their required Mastery Rank to Equip it.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

There's also the polarity of the riven. Granted it wouldn't be hard to just polarize, but if it isn't someone trying to trick a person into selling the riven cheap, they actually could be a lower MR player that doesn't have a ton of forma lying around and hopes to match a slot.

Unlikely, but possible.

9 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

There's also the polarity of the riven. Granted it wouldn't be hard to just polarize, but if it isn't someone trying to trick a person into selling the riven cheap, they actually could be a lower MR player that doesn't have a ton of forma lying around and hopes to match a slot.

Unlikely, but possible.

super unlikely since someone should be 'advertising' those requirements

Personally, I almost only buy these kinds of rivens, Junk/trash. It's just easier to ask for the link and is pretty standard practice. Rather than ask about MR (if applicable to the buyer) and rerolls and the rank of the mod. They may also want a certain polarity. First is to make sure they can use it, the other 2 will affect price. Polarity is if it'll fit in a very polarized weapon 

Also it's pretty easy to just type [riven mod] and pick it from your list so it shouldn't really be a big deal

Archived