Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy Vault: Manual Lock

AreeSoothsayer

Once you hack the door, once inside you can lock the front door again, Since it's a manual lock it won't open unless the vault alarms activate which overrides the lock letting troops into the vault to deal with the thief.

I am so tired of going through a vault in sortie only to have someone cheese past the locks I undid and strigger alarms to steal the vault. sometimes they don't set off the alarms but if I am hacking a vault it's just rude to jump in without asking.

Don't toss the hot potato around, simply go and politely talk to the user that did that. (recent players list)

If the player doesn't listen to you, then there is nothing you can do, simply close the chat tab and move on, don't go around issuing lectures

I would not advise going into public sortie spies for anything more than mild entertainment. 

As far as locking the doors go, I see that going like this 

1. Loads into mission
  2. Races towards fist vault
  3. Locks it from the reverse side
  4. Promptly leaves the mission forever locking the rest of the team out of the Vault
  5. ???
  6. Profit(taker)

When push comes to shove and watching people bumble around spy vaults stops being amusing, just solo it and move on.

4 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

This is the very definition of Public Matchmaking

Everyone jumped into the squad without asking.

Don't like it? don't go public.

to me it just sounds like someone who does what pissed me off so much talking here.

3 hours ago, Oreades said:

I would not advise going into public sortie spies for anything more than mild entertainment. 

As far as locking the doors go, I see that going like this 

1. Loads into mission
  2. Races towards fist vault
  3. Locks it from the reverse side
  4. Promptly leaves the mission forever locking the rest of the team out of the Vault
  5. ???
  6. Profit(taker)

When push comes to shove and watching people bumble around spy vaults stops being amusing, just solo it and move on.

Valid point. Hrm.

Possibly a "Player is here" when you lock down the vault. Disconnect removes the "Player is here" trigger and the vault unlocks.

On 2023-01-15 at 5:38 PM, AreeSoothsayer said:

to me it just sounds like someone who does what pissed me off so much talking here.

That's not possible.

Because I only do Spy Solo. I'm not stealing anyone's vault, because there's no one else to steal from.

anyway

consider if your Lock proposal is implemented:

only 1 Tenno allowed inside the vault.

What's even the point of having a squad then?

No one can interfere, but no one can Help either. There's No interaction with other Tenno.

At that point, might as well just make the whole mission Solo-Only

Archived