Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't I recast 'Sow' as Sevagoth?

(XBOX)K1jker

Il y a 11 heures, (XBOX)K1jker a dit :

Really gives me old Nyx vibes.. it should be recastable, mostly because half the time I'm blocked from doing so because of 1 enemy somewhere being affected.

It should work like Chaos from Nyx where by recasting the effect from that 1 enemy just gets removed.

Ty

I agree. It should be recastable.

To keep Nyx as an exemple, if they did this to prevent spamming Sevagoth's 2nd ability, at least it should work as Nyx 2nd ability : you can recast it, but it won't affect anymore its previous targets.

16 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

I agree. It should be recastable.

To keep Nyx as an exemple, if they did this to prevent spamming Sevagoth's 2nd ability, at least it should work as Nyx 2nd ability : you can recast it, but it won't affect anymore its previous targets.

Why this even needs restrictions? It's very weak ability.

Going into more details, Sow has three purposes:

• The first is to fill the Death Well. Mark enemies, if they die under the Sow effect, it fill the DW.
    • Problem: Since you can't refresh Sow, it's all or nothing: you have to kill everyone affected because if there is at least a single enemy remaining with the mark, you can't apply it on more enemies, thus you can't fill the DW. This can put a hard stop on the filling, and so to Shadow's availability (stupidly locked behind 75% DW gauge).

• The second is to heal yourself. Thank to Gloom's life steal, each tick of Sow give you health back.
    • Problem: Since you can't recast Sow, Sow's ticks are always synchronized. This means that with each tick of each enemy, you regain way too much health (which is completely wasted), and between ticks, you regain nothing at all. And since enemy fire can damage you anytime, you can get easily killed between ticks. And if only very few marked enemies remains, then even heal ticks become too low to be useful.

• The third is to do damages. The dot affected all enemies in range, and True damages has the advantage to bypass all damages reductions.
    • Problem 1: The damages are way too low to be meaningful, and the damage falloff starting at half-range make it even less potent, which also makes it even more annoying to kill a distant enemy who keeps the last mark on him, which hinders everything else.
    • Problem 2: the synergy with Reap is ridiculous, not only because using Reap on Sowed enemies does Blast damages (which is the worst damage type of the entire game), but also because it damage ONLY the other enemies around those who are marked (and not the marked enemy himself), and only in a 4 meters radius (unaffected by mods). Meanwhile, Molecular Prime which has the same Blast effect damage both the marked enemies and those around them and is scaling with range (on top of the damage vulnerability effect…). Ah, and Molecular Prime is recastable.

Sow is flawed for every single purpose it could be used to. The Reap/Sow combo is meant to be the bread and butter of Sevagoth while waiting to fill the Death Well, but it can't even do that reliably. The solution: being a freaking leech by sticking to your teammates so you can use Sow on the enemies they are meant to kill themself. For a caster frame (at least for the Sevagoth's part), this is peak fun… 😒

53 minutes ago, Yulfan said:

The solution: being a freaking leech by sticking to your teammates so you can use Sow on the enemies they are meant to kill themself. For a caster frame (at least for the Sevagoth's part), this is peak fun… 😒

Or just use 1st to debuff enemies and fill Deathwell? I cast 2nd from time to time but I just spam 1st.

55 minutes ago, Yulfan said:

The third is to do damages. The dot affected all enemies in range, and True damages has the advantage to bypass all damages reductions.

• Problem 1: The damages are way too low to be meaningful, and the damage falloff starting at half-range make it even less potent, which also makes it even more annoying to kill a distant enemy who keeps the last mark on him, which hinders everything else.
  • Problem 2: the synergy with Reap is ridiculous, not only because using Reap on Sowed enemies does Blast damages (which is the worst damage type of the entire game), but also because it damage ONLY the other enemies around those who are marked (and not the marked enemy himself), and only in a 4 meters radius (unaffected by mods). Meanwhile, Molecular Prime which has the same Blast effect damage both the marked enemies and those around them and is scaling with range (on top of the damage vulnerability effect…). Ah, and Molecular Prime is recastable.

Damage on it's own isn't that bad. The problem is range & damage falloff. Try putting ensnare and cast 2 > 1. Then damage (I've been using viral/heat kuva nukor). It makes Corrupted heavy gunner dies faster.

So if 1+2 would be recastable single ability it would be much better.

59 minutes ago, Yulfan said:
  • The second is to heal yourself. Thank to Gloom's life steal, each tick of Sow give you health back.
    • Problem: Since you can't recast Sow, Sow's ticks are always synchronized. This means that with each tick of each enemy, you regain way too much health (which is completely wasted), and between ticks, you regain nothing at all. And since enemy fire can damage you anytime, you can get easily killed between ticks. And if only very few marked enemies remains, then even heal ticks become too low to be useful.

Gloom makes, afair, any damage to hp conversion. 1st makes it much more reliable afair. Just use any gun to heal.

Il y a 16 heures, quxier a dit :

Why this even needs restrictions? It's very weak ability.

I agree. But if the devs want to keep some restrictions, at least it should work like Nyx' Psychic Bolts.

I think the problem they see with Sow is that it can fill the Shadow's meter pretty quick : only 20 enemies marked and killed (even by squad mates) and it's full. Reap needs to be controlled and some aiming, Gloom fills the meter too slowly, but if we could spam Sow, in less than 3 seconds the meter would be filled.

I don't think that Sow got this recast limitation beacause of the damage, but because of the Shadow's meter.

And, yes, it's weak, but not that weak : on Corpus missions, it can be very useful if cast after Reap (to get the damage buff), as it bypasses shields and works like Toxin status.

1 hour ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

I agree. But if the devs want to keep some restrictions, at least it should work like Nyx' Psychic Bolts.

I think the problem they see with Sow is that it can fill the Shadow's meter pretty quick : only 20 enemies marked and killed (even by squad mates) and it's full. Reap needs to be controlled and some aiming, Gloom fills the meter too slowly, but if we could spam Sow, in less than 3 seconds the meter would be filled.

I don't think that Sow got this recast limitation beacause of the damage, but because of the Shadow's meter.

And, yes, it's weak, but not that weak : on Corpus missions, it can be very useful if cast after Reap (to get the damage buff), as it bypasses shields and works like Toxin status.

The shadow meter is not a valid excuse to not make Sow more convenient to use.

il y a 18 minutes, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

The shadow meter is not a valid excuse to not make Sow more convenient to use.

It's not an excuse, it's a reason. Perhaps the devs didn't want the player to be on Shadow form all the time by just spamming one ability. It's only a possible explanation : I'm trying to understand why they did it in order to try to find a better way to fix the probelm they wanted to deal with when they created this limitation.

I DO want to be able to recast Sow, but I also need to try to understand what the devs were thinking about when they decided to make it not recastable unless you kill every affected enemy.

3 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

It's not an excuse, it's a reason. Perhaps the devs didn't want the player to be on Shadow form all the time by just spamming one ability. It's only a possible explanation : I'm trying to understand why they did it in order to try to find a better way to fix the probelm they wanted to deal with when they created this limitation.

I DO want to be able to recast Sow, but I also need to try to understand what the devs were thinking about when they decided to make it not recastable unless you kill every affected enemy.

Sevagoths intended design is to switch between his regular form and his shadow form.

Reap alone is more than capable of generating a lot of soul gauge. In fact it’s better at it than Sow is due to its effect being mobile. So the idea that you can recast reap but not sow over the Soul Gauge is ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Sevagoths intended design is to switch between his regular form and his shadow form.

Sadly they failed at this. I mean, like, you get Gloom and... that's it? You have enemy debuff of first but Shadow's Claws are enough to kill enemies. And you have same debuf in Shadow/3. So 2 abilities are basically useless. They are meant only to fill the Death Meter.

5 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

don't think that Sow got this recast limitation beacause of the damage, but because of the Shadow's meter.

this:

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Reap alone is more than capable of generating a lot of soul gauge. In fact it’s better at it than Sow is due to its effect being mobile. So the idea that you can recast reap but not sow over the Soul Gauge is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

What kind of level? SP or normal starchart? What's your Strength?

From my causal play 2+1 combo can kill enemies but I've played it mostly till ~50.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

Sadly they failed at this. I mean, like, you get Gloom and... that's it? You have enemy debuff of first but Shadow's Claws are enough to kill enemies. And you have same debuf in Shadow/3. So 2 abilities are basically useless. They are meant only to fill the Death Meter.

this:

From my causal play 2+1 combo can kill enemies but I've played it mostly till ~50.

If they made the switch faster (and fixed the bug where switching back can lock up your controls, or atleast give some roundabout fix to the players) and sped up Shadows 3 it would be more practical I think. 

41 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

If they made the switch faster (and fixed the bug where switching back can lock up your controls, or atleast give some roundabout fix to the players) and sped up Shadows 3 it would be more practical I think. 

IMHO, they would have to do 2 things:

1) make switching not require Death well, maybe strength of Claws depending on % of Deathwell

2) make other abilities that you want to use during Shadow.

As for 1): Yeah, you can refil DeathWell but it's annoying when you cannot use Shadow when you want it. It's more like Ultimate (4th) ability that is strong and you are using it in certain situations (e.g. stronger enemy).

As for 2): Except for moving with Gloom or just repositioning Gloom there is no need to go back to Sevagoth form. Shadow has what Sevagoth has but better. They would have to change 1&2 ability to do something different. Without huge changes to 1&2 I don't see me wanting to use SEv form (except for Gloom).

Il y a 5 heures, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Yes, I agree, to switch from one form to another, not to stay almost always as the exhalted form.

Il y a 5 heures, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Reap alone is more than capable of generating a lot of soul gauge.

Il y a 5 heures, quxier a dit :

this:

Nope. Alone both Reap and Sow are the same : 20 affectd enemies killed while affected by Reap or Sow and the meter is full. Sow is more efficient if enemies are around you. Reap is more efficient if enemies are in a line in front of you or if they are at some distance. Reap needs some aiming, but Sow is an AoE and just need some range to affect more than enough enemies to completely fill the meter : you just need to kill 20 enemies to fill the meter (shown on the video below).

Il y a 5 heures, quxier a dit :

2+1 is very efficient against Corpus, as it ignores shields. I've made a little video to show it on level 180 Corpus (Simulacrum) and against base level Steel Path Corpus (on Pluto Survival).

1+2 is better against Grineer, but 2+1 is better against Corpus : the cast order is important.

Also, as Viral can increase True Damage, Sow damage will be affected by Reap and Viral multipliers. On the video, you can see the difference in terms of damage when the Viral status caused by a Vulpaphyla is no more there.

As I've said, Sow is weak, but not that weak and it can be very useful to fill the Shadow's meter very fast and to work like an additional Toxin damage.

I really think that, if it as possible to spam Sow, this would allow players to use a full range Sevagoth to stay almost always on Shadow form, making Sevagoth a simple "Sow spammer" to quickly fill the meter. Of course, also in my opinion, there are  some solutions to let us recast Sow and prevent the problem I've just mentioned other than making Sow  not recastable.

Here is the video (sorry, I've got some resolution problems at the beginning of the video) :

(I've forgotten to mention : about 264 Power Strength).

2 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Yes, I agree, to switch from one form to another, not to stay almost always as the exhalted form.

Nope. Alone both Reap and Sow are the same : 20 affectd enemies killed while affected by Reap or Sow and the meter is full. Sow is more efficient if enemies are around you. Reap is more efficient if enemies are in a line in front of you or if they are at some distance. Reap needs some aiming, but Sow is an AoE and just need some range to affect more than enough enemies to completely fill the meter : you just need to kill 20 enemies to fill the meter (shown on the video below).

2+1 is very efficient against Corpus, as it ignores shields. I've made a little video to show it on level 180 Corpus (Simulacrum) and against base level Steel Path Corpus (on Pluto Survival).

1+2 is better against Grineer, but 2+1 is better against Corpus : the cast order is important.

Also, as Viral can increase True Damage, Sow damage will be affected by Reap and Viral multipliers. On the video, you can see the difference in terms of damage when the Viral status caused by a Vulpaphyla is no more there.

As I've said, Sow is weak, but not that weak and it can be very useful to fill the Shadow's meter very fast and to work like an additional Toxin damage.

I really think that, if it as possible to spam Sow, this would allow players to use a full range Sevagoth to stay almost always on Shadow form, making Sevagoth a simple "Sow spammer" to quickly fill the meter. Of course, also in my opinion, there are  some solutions to let us recast Sow and prevent the problem I've just mentioned other than making Sow  not recastable.

Here is the video (sorry, I've got some resolution problems at the beginning of the video) :

If Reap and Sow give the same amount then Reap is better by default because you can actually move the Shadow around and affect more enemies.

il y a 23 minutes, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

If Reap and Sow give the same amount then Reap is better by default because you can actually move the Shadow around and affect more enemies.

That's exactly what makes it less efficient. You'll have to aim around. Sow needs just to be cast.

As I've said before, the best is to use both in synergy, but separeted, Sow is better if you're sourrounded by enemies and Reap is better if enemies are away from you. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

That's exactly what makes it less efficient. You'll have to aim around. Sow needs just to be cast.

As I've said before, the best is to use both in synergy, but separeted, Sow is better if you're sourrounded by enemies and Reap is better if enemies are away from you. 

That doesn’t make any sense. Reap has an AOE that you can physically move around. Sow is only in the immediate area around you.

Reap is useful in both scenarios.

The argument has nothing to do with their combined effectiveness to fill the soul gauge. It has to do with you claiming Sow can’t be recast because of its ability to fill the soul gauge quickly despite Reap having the tools to be far more effective at it while also being recastable.

Your argument and logic make zero sense.

Il y a 8 heures, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

That doesn’t make any sense. Reap has an AOE that you can physically move around. Sow is only in the immediate area around you.

That's exactly what I've said : Sow is very efficient if enemies are around you (16 m base radius) almost intant effect after cast. Reap is more efficient on enemies that are away (8 m base radius). The aiming is not always an advanage and it can slow you down, taking your attention away from the fight. That's why the devs had to give Reap a buff in terms of speed : it was too slow and not efficient. But even with the fast Reap, it's not as efficient as Sow.

Reap is useful in both scenarios.

8 m radius having to aim is less efficient than 16m without aiming. With some Range Mods, Sow can mark an entire room almost instantly, but Reap cannot do this without some aiming.

Both are useful, yes, but not on the same situation. Each one (Reap and Sow) has its specific field of application: it is up to the player to choose which one is better in each different case.

The argument has nothing to do with their combined effectiveness to fill the soul gauge.

Yes, it has : the synergy between Sow and Reap reduce the killed enemies to 10 instead of 20 (only on the 2+1 case).

It has to do with you claiming Sow can’t be recast because of its ability to fill the soul gauge quickly despite Reap having the tools to be far more effective at it while also being recastable.

Nope. You just need to mark 20 enemies and kill them to completely fill the meter : no matter what is the death cause, a marked enemy killed fills the gauge. With 16m (scaling with range) you can easily mark 20 enemies (evven more) if they are sourrounding you. If we caould spam Sow, we would be able to make a reservoir of marked enemies to kill and fill the gauge extremely fast. That's why, at least in my opinion, Sow is not recastable, but Reap is.

Your argument and logic make zero sense.

That's a bit hard to say to someone who has a Master Degree on Phylosophy and who has written some papers on formal logic... Anyway, I use to ingore this kind of personal ad hominem argumentation (its place is in rhetorics, not on dialectics, which is the case here).

Also, I've shown every single point I've mentioned before on a video above : Sow's efficiency to fill the Shadow's meter, Sow working as a supplementary Toxin status against Corpus units and how it can be boosted by Reap and Viral. That's why my arguments are based on facts.

Il y a 13 heures, (NSW)AegisFifi a dit :

That's nice. I've learnt something here. Never thought sow was good against corpus this way. Have to try it myself.

That's exactly what I've said : Sow is very efficient if enemies are around you (16 m base radius) almost intant effect after cast. Reap is more efficient on enemies that are away (8 m base radius). The aiming is not always an advanage and it can slow you down, taking your attention away from the fight. That's why the devs had to give Reap a buff in terms of speed : it was too slow and not efficient. But even with the fast Reap, it's not as efficient as Sow.

8 m radius having to aim is less efficient than 16m without aiming. With some Range Mods, Sow can mark an entire room almost instantly, but Reap cannot do this without some aiming.

Both are useful, yes, but not on the same situation. Each one (Reap and Sow) has its specific field of application: it is up to the player to choose which one is better in each different case.

Yes, it has : the synergy between Sow and Reap reduce the killed enemies to 10 instead of 20 (only on the 2+1 case).

Nope. You just need to mark 20 enemies and kill them to completely fill the meter : no matter what is the death cause, a marked enemy killed fills the gauge. With 16m (scaling with range) you can easily mark 20 enemies (evven more) if they are sourrounding you. If we caould spam Sow, we would be able to make a reservoir of marked enemies to kill and fill the gauge extremely fast. That's why, at least in my opinion, Sow is not recastable, but Reap is.

That's a bit hard to say to someone who has a Master Degree on Phylosophy and who has written some papers on formal logic... Anyway, I use to ingore this kind of personal ad hominem argumentation (its place is in rhetorics, not on dialectics, which is the case here).

Also, I've shown every single point I've mentioned before on a video above : Sow's efficiency to fill the Shadow's meter, Sow working as a supplementary Toxin status against Corpus units and how it can be boosted by Reap and Viral. That's why my arguments are based on facts.

You’re literally going to be aiming your gun regardless. So trying to use that as some negative against Reap makes zero sense.

Within 2 seconds it’ll already have covered more area than Sow. On top of that Reap circles around you’re aim point when not aiming around so at minimum it’s covering 4x it’s range area.

IDK why we’re even arguing this when I know for a fact that generating soul gauge is so blindingly fast that letting Sow be recastable literally wouldn’t even affect it.

il y a 2 minutes, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

You’re literally going to be aiming your gun regardless. So trying to use that as some negative against Reap makes zero sense.

Melee exists, the Shadow has speed cap, you won't be able to attack marked enemies while trying to guide the Shadow to mark other enemies... Yes, it's a limitation. Much more limited than just pushing one button.

il y a 4 minutes, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Within 2 seconds it’ll already have covered more area than Sow. On top of that Reap circles around you’re aim point when not aiming around so at minimum it’s covering 4x it’s range area.

Yes, and doing nothing to the enemies that are already marked. You just need to kill 20 marked enemies : more than that is just useless. And you can do this much faster with Sow alone, and much much faster with Sow+Reap.

I'm not saying Reap is bad : it's very good, but it's less efficient than Sow to mark enemies and I really think this is the reason why the Devs didn't wanted Sow to be spammed. With just 2 mods Sow can cover an area of 40m radius : if we could recast Sow, players would use Sevagoth only to cast Sow and fill the meter very fast to stay on Shadow form almost always. Sevagoth would have become a kind of Sentinel to the Shadow.

3 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Melee exists, the Shadow has speed cap, you won't be able to attack marked enemies while trying to guide the Shadow to mark other enemies... Yes, it's a limitation. Much more limited than just pushing one button.

Yes, and doing nothing to the enemies that are already marked. You just need to kill 20 marked enemies : more than that is just useless. And you can do this much faster with Sow alone, and much much faster with Sow+Reap.

I'm not saying Reap is bad : it's very good, but it's less efficient than Sow to mark enemies and I really think this is the reason why the Devs didn't wanted Sow to be spammed. With just 2 mods Sow can cover an area of 40m radius : if we could recast Sow, players would use Sevagoth only to cast Sow and fill the meter very fast to stay on Shadow form almost always. Sevagoth would have become a kind of Sentinel to the Shadow.

Hold cast Reap it goes faster.

The Reap+Sow is literally what’s destroying your argument here. Because they fill the gauge completely off 1 group of enemies. Being able to recast Sow won’t improve that beyond what it already does.

You can already stay in Shadow almost indefinitely. Hell, Shadows 3 gives soul gauge when the enemies are killed by Sevagoth specifically for the purpose of getting back to controlling Shadow as soon as possible.

Your argument holds no ground.

il y a une heure, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Hold cast Reap it goes faster.

Yes, I agree and I've said that before, but it's still capped and it will never mark as many enemis as Sow at the same given time.

The Reap+Sow is literally what’s destroying your argument here. Because they fill the gauge completely off 1 group of enemies. Being able to recast Sow won’t improve that beyond what it already does.

Being able to recast Sow would surely make the gauge fill faster as Reap needs aiming. Reap limations applies also to Sow+Reap combo (not to Reap+Sow, that works differently). And to make this work, you'll need to cast Sow+Reap more than once, as only marked enemies killed by Reap fill the gauge with double efficiency. It works better, but you'll have to stay as Sevagoth for some time.

If Sow was recastable, Sevagoth woulb be like an Operator with Zenurik focus : get back to regen the energy bar.

You can already stay in Shadow almost indefinitely. Hell, Shadows 3 gives soul gauge when the enemies are killed by Sevagoth specifically for the purpose of getting back to controlling Shadow as soon as possible.

Shadow's 3 only fills the Gauge if you're in Sevagoth's form, as you have said.

Death Harvest (the Shadow's 3rd) can be recast, but it does not have the same range as Sow. Also, it costs 25 Energy points more than Sow, the Shadow has less base energy points than Sevagoth and if you use your operator to try to regen the Shadow's energy points, this will trigger Reunite. Spam Shadow's 3rd is hard and will destroy the efficiency of Embrace (Shadow's 1st), reducing a lot the Shadow's interest. I never saw a player capable of staying on Shadow's form only using Death Harvest.

Switching from one form to the other is not the problem : I totally agree with you that this is the base of Sevagoth's gameplay. But a recastable Sow would be the key to build that transform Sevagoth on a kind of "Operator" to the Shadow, not to regen energy with Zenurik, but to fill the Shadow's meter with Sow very easily. As I said, only two mods (and Zenurik focus) would be able to make it possible.

And again, I agree with you, Sow should be recastable : I would love to stay on Shadow form almost all the time. But I'm just saying that this is probably what the devs were thinking about when they made Sow impossible to recast while there are still affected enemies alive

Yes, I agree and I've said that before, but it's still capped and it will never mark as many enemis as Sow at the same given time.

Being able to recast Sow would surely make the gauge fill faster as Reap needs aiming. Reap limations applies also to Sow+Reap combo (not to Reap+Sow, that works differently). And to make this work, you'll need to cast Sow+Reap more than once, as only marked enemies killed by Reap fill the gauge with double efficiency. It works better, but you'll have to stay as Sevagoth for some time.

If Sow was recastable, Sevagoth woulb be like an Operator with Zenurik focus : get back to regen the energy bar.

Shadow's 3 only fills the Gauge if you're in Sevagoth's form, as you have said.

Death Harvest (the Shadow's 3rd) can be recast, but it does not have the same range as Sow. Also, it costs 25 Energy points more than Sow, the Shadow has less base energy points than Sevagoth and if you use your operator to try to regen the Shadow's energy points, this will trigger Reunite. Spam Shadow's 3rd is hard and will destroy the efficiency of Embrace (Shadow's 1st), reducing a lot the Shadow's interest. I never saw a player capable of staying on Shadow's form only using Death Harvest.

Switching from one form to the other is not the problem : I totally agree with you that this is the base of Sevagoth's gameplay. But a recastable Sow would be the key to build that transform Sevagoth on a kind of "Operator" to the Shadow, not to regen energy with Zenurik, but to fill the Shadow's meter with Sow very easily. As I said, only two mods (and Zenurik focus) would be able to make it possible.

And again, I agree with you, Sow should be recastable : I would love to stay on Shadow form almost all the time. But I'm just saying that this is probably what the devs were thinking about when they made Sow impossible to recast while there are still affected enemies alive

Another reason your logic doesn’t make any sense is you claim that Sow can’t be recast because it’ll mean you can stay in Shadow form indefinitely. Except you can’t cast Sow in Shadow form. In fact you can’t even get back soul gauge while in shadow form.

Archived