Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival missions need tweaking.

Leonidas4444

I enjoy survival missions, and I think a lot a others do too. However, a problem that I have been encountering for a long time is that I simply cannot keep up with life support drain. I typically use a bubonico paired with larva, and it shreds thru groups of enemies super fast, easily one-shotting most of them. But it is not enough. I believe this is one of the biggest reasons why aoe weapons remain the meta: they can kill so many enemies so fast that life support is a joke. Now, I know that Lotus drops LS capsules, however it has been my experience that these are ineffectual at keeping me alive, as to get to them I must run far away from my strategic location, and I lose more LS on the way there.  You can simply reposition, but once again moving around, repositioning, whatever, takes more time away from killing, because when not using an aoe weapon, you have to aim, which you cannot do properly while sprinting to a new location. I have attempted numerous survivals with this build, and I have always found that once I activate a capsule, it starts a downward spiral, ending in simply having to leave the mission, because LS runs out. Knowing this, I suggest that perhaps DE should either increase the drop chance of LS modules from enemies, or increase the amount of LS the modules give.

How about using a LOOT Frame to get additional life support instead of changing game mechanics to suit your personal experience.  Also if you are in a full squad you will have additional help to kill enemies providing you with more life support.  Asking DE to make changes to their game because you can't or won't try other methods to obtain the results you are looking for just seems a bit selfish if you ask me. 

Have a Tau Blessed tomorrow!

I could certainly use a loot frame, however I do not own a loot frame, and I do not have a ton of forma and endo to invest in an entirely new build. Also I happen to really enjoy playing the warframes I already have builds for (Revenant's my main). Also, I agree with gamingchair1121. It is unfair to ask that players only use a certain few frames or a certain few weapons for survival.

my issue with survival is the spawn rate. the bug that causes enemies to become unalerted, and the spawning mechanic that switches spawn locations off when you move through rooms.

fix all of these and were golden. this why imo survival should have been scrapped when they introduced disruption. it is superior.

Archived