Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Secondary Weapons can use Arcanes?

Kokabiel12

Question

Hi all,

This is probably a daft question but are there only certain secondary weapons that can use arcanes? Or do I have to unlock the exilus slot on the weapon before I can unlock the arcane slot with a secondary arcane adapter? I got Secondary Encumber that I was wanting to put onto Zakti Prime and I can't work it out (or find the answer online) for the life of me.

Any and all help appreciated!

14 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

You need to unlock Steel Path.

then defeat Acolytes to gather up Steel Essence.

trade it to Teshin (in relays) for Primary/Secondary Arcane Adapters, which can then be added to a weapon to allow it to equip an arcane.

Pretty much this.

You can also use another Arcane for Kitguns allowing for two Arcanes.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

You need to unlock Steel Path.

then defeat Acolytes to gather up Steel Essence.

trade it to Teshin (in relays) for Primary/Secondary Arcane Adapters, which can then be added to a weapon to allow it to equip an arcane.

51 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Pretty much this.

You can also use another Arcane for Kitguns allowing for two Arcanes.

But that's the problem: I have a secondary arcane. I have a secondary arcane adapter. I have plenty secondary weapons but no arcane slot on my secondary weapons.

2 minutes ago, Kokabiel12 said:

But that's the problem: I have a secondary arcane. I have a secondary arcane adapter. I have plenty secondary weapons but no arcane slot on my secondary weapons.

I'm guessing there must be something you need to do to unlock their usage. I wasn't even aware there was a requirement like that.

9 minutes ago, Kokabiel12 said:

where did you get the adapter from? I remember there was one back a while ago from an alert. normally you can only get them from teshin, maybe you haven't done steel path yet and can't use it?

1 minute ago, gamingchair1121 said:

where did you get the adapter from? I remember there was one back a while ago from an alert. normally you can only get them from teshin, maybe you haven't done steel path yet and can't use it?

Thank you, I had no idea I had to unlock them through steel path. I'll give it a try and report back

Just now, Kokabiel12 said:

Thank you, I had no idea I had to unlock them through steel path. I'll give it a try and report back

just remember you'll have to go through both new war and angles of zariman to get steel path, bit of a grind but def worth it (especially the arcanes and galv mods although galv mods are tradable)

29 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

just remember you'll have to go through both new war and angles of zariman to get steel path, bit of a grind but def worth it (especially the arcanes and galv mods although galv mods are tradable)

Thanks for the help, mate. I have a long grind ahead then

6 hours ago, Kokabiel12 said:

I'm pretty sure you need to unlock steel path. That's what you're missing. Do you have access to steel.path?

I don't understand how you got a secondary arcane before steel path though. Maybe some drop as rewards for certain missions? Hmm. 

6 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

where did you get the adapter from? I remember there was one back a while ago from an alert.

I think sorties reward them and sorties are accessible prior to steel path...?

Archived