Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna/Other - Unlock and allow us to choose between Original & New War instances.

Lisa

I refuse to play New War until I can choose to see old Fortuna(without a party), and have access to the We All Lift Together cutscene ingame. As a streamer and content creator, I have been using it as my "login scene" so to speak, and not being able to use it would kill one of my favorite things about the game.

Stop making crappy decisions, devs. Give us access to old Fortuna. At least in Creator Mode. I've let a lot of stuff go, but I'm getting tired of gut punches from this game's bad decisions and bugs. I've spent too much money already to keep getting punched in the guts. Its not cool.

• Like 4

Plains of Eidolon is scarred forever, Unum tower partially destroyed. Micro climate of Orb Vallis was disrupted. Fortuna has bled, lost it's blue and remains red.

Wars have consequences and people must live with them. You don't get to have the same world it used to be after invasion, slaughter and years of totalitarian rule.

I consider videogames an artform and as any artform it should mirror a real life. Props to DE for daring to do this. 

I also liked the old fortuna better, but I don't want to forget what happened.

Edited by Cerikus

I think it should be accessible somehow, even if not for actual gameplay, maybe just have each location accessible from the codex and it's just that zone with it's NPCs and just doesn't lead to the open world or have the bounty menus etc. (fortuna/cetus/necralisk etc.) and have all past variations of it accessible.

11 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

You mean like this:

snip

Captura is already there.

Is it still interactable the same way in terms of dialogue with NPCs? 
Edit: And does it have the open worlds separately as well?

Edited by NecroPed

4 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

Is it still interactable the same way in terms of dialogue with NPCs? 

It unFORTUNAtely isn't.

4 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

Edit: And does it have the open worlds separately as well?

Yup.

20230225120631-1.jpg

Edited by Cerikus
grammar

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

That it unFORTUNAtely doesn't.

Yup.

snip

(H)Ah that is truly unFORTUNAte. Would be nice if there was some way to ensure you still had access to that, but otherwise mostly there already so that's alright. What about music in captura? I haven't used captura in so long I just don't know what it's like. 

1 minute ago, NecroPed said:

What about music in captura?

Well since it's captura, it's only textures and models, so no cutscene, BUT! There is a secret workaround.

You still can access the song, if you replay the Vox Solaris quest. Replaying it puts you into an instance of the old Fortuna and Orb Vallis. From there you can totally enjoy the cutscene and afaik replay it as many times as you want. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Wars have consequences and people must live with them.

there was a war? Gosh.

But the request is not unusual, the profit taker and all the heists are still there, as is exploiter orb. I find it particularly disconcerting to run those old pre-war missions on an obviously post-war map. We can tale down Nef's desire for profit... in a map that has his face removed from hsi big statue.

Ideally there would be a whole disconnect between the old rpe-war game and the new post-war game, preferably with the remnants of the new war still being fought (or better, us actually having a war to fight!)

But without that, a toggle to choose the old map is not a crazy idea.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Agree to this. I took a long break from the game, came back, did not do the Fortuna and Cetus open world stuff because everyone said I should do New War and no where did I see that it would change those maps permanently. Now that I want to go back and finish up Fortuna and Cetus, the entire atmosphere's changed and it imo, changes the entire feeling of leveling up those places. I really regret now not doing Fortuna and Cetus before New War, I was really looking forward to playing in those maps more. 

I've read around and seen that if you join someone who hasn't done New War yet, you can still go to the old maps. If that is so, I'd much appreciate if DE would give us a toggle so we can play on the old maps and be able to experience Fortuna and Cetus as they were meant to be experienced—how they were before the New War released.

• Like 2