Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Explained] Damage 2.0 Builds, With Cheatsheets!

_Aahz

Question

Okay, first and most important thing to realize:

• Do NOT compare the new damage system to old damage system. It is completely different and you're just going to confuse yourself trying to somehow translate new mechanics into the old stuff.

Scott/Grineeer tried to explain it in the livestreams, and DERebecca tried to explain more in the forum, but the great majority of people who logged into U11 were completely confused. So start from scratch, forget the old damage/enemy/weapon system, and realize everything is going to be okay. Now onto some explanations... (btw, TL:DR, pics at the bottom to tell you how to build your weapons, if you don't care about the mechanics).

MblYCuA.png

Info in next spoiler is outdated according to 11.3.2/11.3.3 update. There is currently no rational explanation, or simple way of explaining, damage 2.0 according to Update 11.3.x. Check back later when they've settled on... idk... whatever they're trying to do.

Physical Damage
We have 3 physical damage types that (almost) all weapons have, in different amounts. Here they are:

• Impact - Most effective on shields
  • Puncture - Most effective on armor
  • Slash - Most effective on health/flesh (non-robotic)

That seems simple enough, right? Well, those of you who have been enjoying Pokemon Snap in space, if you check the enemies in your Wardex (Codex), you may notice:

• Corpus - Have health and shields, but NO armor
  • Grineer - Have health and armor, but NO shields
  • Infested - Have health, but NO armor OR shields

Using those 2 key pieces of knowledge about damage types and enemy types, you should now be able to look at your weapons properly. Let's take a few examples, starting with the loudest complaint: Soma
MjOpCd3.png
Using what you just learned about damage types, you SHOULD be able to see that this is probably never going to be a good weapon to use against high level Corpus. Why? Because Corpus rely on heavy shields which are weak to impact damage, of which Soma sadly has little to begin with. Soma is fairly even on puncture and slash however, with high crit. This means you should boost your puncture/slash damage, slap on some crit mods, and you'll be able to destroy Grineer and Infested. Soma is now most efficient and effective against Grineer and Infested, so stop taking it into missions against Corpus and expecting miracles.

R2ZFOkj.jpg
So now looking at the Boar, out of the 3 physical damages, it has high impact and medium slash damage. Judging from that alone, your most beneficial build will be as an anti-Corpus weapon, because Corpus shields are weak against impact damage, and Crewmen's health is weak to Slash. Also, the extra slash damage Boar has is nice, because when elemental damages are calculated, they're based on the percentage of your total physical damage (Impact + Puncture + Slash). So it may be worthwhile to boost Boar's slash damage as well.

3GjUIoW.png
Despair has a large chunk of base puncture damage, which is most effective on armor. The proper build here would be focusing on boosting puncture, slapping on a max No Return mod for +60% puncture damage. Why not use a max Razor Shot mod too, so I can boost Slash damage by 60%? Well, look at the math:

• Base puncture damage * 60% is equal to 44 * 1.6 = 70.4 damage
  • Base slash damage * 60% is equal to 8.2 * 1.6 = 13.12 damage... kinda feels like you wasted power points by using this mod for an extra ~5 damage, huh?

Here's a quick cheat sheet for determining builds at a glance (Updated for 11.0.7):
5W8yb5u.png

Elemental Damage
There are 10 possible elemental types, but that doesn't mean you should use all of them at once. Just like with the physical damage types, some elemental types are more useful on certain weapons than others. Here's a quick overview of what they are and how they combine:
uqSxITt.png
Well, if you played with the old damage system, you know Corpus shields are weak against Cold, and they can be stunned by Electricity if they don't have shields up. Infested have resistance to electricity, but are particularly weak to Heat. Grineer are really tough, but Corrosive causes heavy damage to their thick armor, leaving the exposed flesh open to Heat, Viral, and Blast damage.

The number one rule with Damage 2.0 is:

• Use the right tool for the job, and compliment your weapon's base stats.

Learn to think of your weapons as anti-Corpus, anti-Grineer, or anti-Infested. When you start viewing it like that, it becomes completely obvious that you need to use an elemental that Corpus are weak against on your anti-Corpus weapon. If you've got a high puncture weapon, you're going to want the Corrosive element as well, because that's what Grineer are weak against.  A heavy impact weapon? That's great for Corpus, so add on some Magnetic element. Slash weapons are particularly useful for... you guessed it, Infested! Simply add some Heat and Blast damage and go eradicate some Infested areas of the galaxy.

The primary elementals are fairly straightforward, but I also like to divide the combined elementals into 2 categories:
Utility

• Blast - Stun/knockdown
  • Gas - Poison AoE
  • Radiation - Confusion and slowed fire rate/reduced accuracy

Direct

• Magnetic - Shield reduction
  • Viral - Health reduction
  • Corrosive - Armor reduction/removal

Utility is most useful as a secondary effect, on top of a primary effect you've given your weapon. For example, Embolist already defaults to Toxin damage (a primary), and it's really nice to have Blast (secondary from fire and ice) on top of that to keep things locked down.

29uixir.jpg

Hopefully that explains most of what DE Scott intended, and it really is an elegant design for weapons and enemies, once the kinks are worked out and it's explained to players better in-game. Any more questions?

Updates:

• DE_Steve has suggested Radiation against Grineer, and testing it out with Synapse shows little penetration through Armor, but to non-armored Grineer health it's fairly effective. (Although in-game codex states no weakness)
  • Added FAQ below based on questions in this thread.
  • Updated information further based on testing and feedback (Thanks to: Phoenix86, NegimaSonic, MeduSalem)
  • Updated according to U11.3.3, I guess.  Hugely controversial update to Damage 2.0, which... dunno... I can't think of any way to explain it in its current state, sorry guys.  Updated the cheat sheet at the top at least.

FAQ Follow-up Questions

Q: Is it true that there are no more armor-ignoring damage types in Damage 2.0?
A: Boost your weapon's Puncture to gain better damage against armored enemies.  You can also use the Corrosive element to reduce/remove armor, along with the Aura mod, Corrosive Projection.

Q: Do bullet type damage not work on Pure Elemental weapons (Ignis, Synpase, etc.) or was that a UI thing?
A: The unique elemental weapons (Ogris, Ignis, Synapse, etc.) use their elemental damage type as default, instead of physical damage. You can still increase this damage by using same element and generic damage mods like Serration. Example: Ogris is 300 Blast damage base, equipped with max Serration (+165%) gives it 300 * 2.65 = 795 Blast damage.

Q: Also how does status chance work? Does it allow for every damage type that the weapon has to hit special effects?
A: In patch 11.0.2, they added icons to damage numbers indicating when Statuses proc from your weapons. You'll notice the status chance is somewhat low for certain weapons, and higher for others. Unfortunately now, just because you're using Cold on your Kunai, it doesn't mean you'll be freezing enemies with every shot; the Frozen/Slowed status effect only has a small chance to proc, depending on the weapon's Status Chance. A further note, is that most of the time when a Physical status procs, it will be the status of type of damage that you have the most of on that weapon. So if you have high impact on a weapon, if a physical status procs, it will most likely be Impact's stun/knockback.

Q: What does armor/puncture damage amount do, exactly? Do enemies now have a set amount of armor (like shields and health) that you blast through before doing damage to health? Or does armor prevent X% of damage from reaching health, and when you deplete the armor you do 100% health damage?
A: Armor does not deplete like shields, but you can reduce/remove an enemy's armor using Corrosive status effects, the Corrosive Projection aura mod, and possibly other mods/abilities. Armor works like mitigation and prevents X % of damage from reaching health, so you'd probably want more puncture than the other two physical types.

Q: Is slash the only physical damage type that lowers health, essentially making the other physical damages useless on low level Infested?
A: No, all damage types are supposed to be able to damage health, but Slash is more effective at reducing non-robotic health fast. It's also cautioned that Impact and Puncture are up to 50% less effective against Infested, meaning you would be better using a weapon whose physical damage was mostly focused on Slash.

Q: So we're pretty much forced to go a one build kind of way with weapons?
A: Somewhat, but not really. For physical damage you're usually better off complimenting your weapon's base stats, but you can find a lot of versatility in the effects you put on it. Technically you could also fit up to 3 elemental effects on your weapon, utility and otherwise, but they may be competing for proc chance (we're not sure yet). It's really just up to your personal preference at the time, what you want to go for...

For example, Synapse is a beautifully versatile weapon. It defaults as electric damage, which can be:

• Boosted purely as Electric, or
  • Combined with Cold to form Magnetic and drain Corpus shields fast, or
  • Combined with Heat to form Radiation to debilitate and confuse most enemies, or
  • Combined with Toxin to form Corrosive and melt Grineer armor, or
  • Combined with one of the above and Blast/Gas for even more crowd control possibilities...
Edited by _Aahz

Not really for some Weap Negima, if u split u fail build

and i was speaking about Proc, if i have 5% chance proc and i need share with 2 other crap base dammage i dont think this is really balanced.

I'm talking about the fact that the weapon is already like that naturally because that's the way the developers made it (for now). A kunai is 4.5 Impact, 33.8 Puncture, 6.7 Slash. Puncture dominates both of them in chances. But if you have any elemental damage of sufficient strength, it overrides all of this anyway. Your 5% is more likely to come out Blast or Corrosive or whatever you chose to put on it.

Anyway the reason I personally feel the natural split is better is because of the multiple faction issues. The gains vs losses between all factions will generally be around that base 10 damage, and honestly it is lessened greatly on Corpus and Grineer versus the increase on infested compared to pure puncture. (Still bad though).

The only reason why its not like how it is right now imo, is cause they're worried that will be the new "rainbow build" but guess we wll have to see.

But see that's the thing I don't get. I'm no pro player or anything but I swear this is more rainbow than anything I ever used to use. I used to put all elements on anything just because I wanted the extra GUARANTEED effects, I considered the damage negliable in most cases versus what I could do with other mods.

Now? Max element ALL THE THINGS because that gives me more power than anything else due to faction bonuses or simply the extra damage from elements. Put damage, shove as many elements on there as you can, throw in multishot if you have the points for it. Have fun. The only other alternatives are maybe critical builds...and that's it.

Old system Damage+Multishot+AP.

New system: Damage+Multishot+Corrosive + Puncture + Blast (if you can). or the alternative of Magnetic + Gas for that shield damage increase with moderate extra damage on other things. Yay variety.

I don't hate or like the new system really, it doesn't seem to have changed much for me. Just instead of guaranteed slow like I used to deal with, I go with guaranteed damage and I have a few better weapons at the cost of a few worse ones.

EDIT: Actually I do have a complaint. I don't have the pistol poison mod or the melee poison mod. So I'm not getting to enjoy my full rainbow potential.

Edited by NegimaSonic

Time to use the trusty braton for the shot tests. I'm kind of hoping armor doesn't deviate between units too much cuz I cant be bothered to test every enemy really, I like just Ludi, Palus, and Archeron for general quick tests. Ludi was already annoying with about 4 different effects on Grineer.

So starting out with the simplest one,

Pluto - Palus (Infested)

If you want the tl;dr version: Blast + Corrosive is still the best combo against infested. The patch actually increased damage against them (the new infested weakness to blast).

Braton (no mods).

Charger - 16 | Leaper - 16 | Infested Disruptor - 16 | Toxic Ancient - 16

I guess it is safe to assume all infested have the same armor or near the same again. I didn't encounter a crawler but I can't imagine it having more than ancients. So I will no longer bother separating damage for infested unless I am told otherwise or I see different numbers later.

Singular elements

Braton (Heat 90%) - 43 (minor note for future reference, heat DOT hit for 15)

Braton (Cold 90%) - 34

Braton (Toxin 90%) - 30 (minor note for future reference, poison DOT hit for 7)

Braton (Electric 90%) - 30

Dual elements

Braton (Blast 180%) - 61

Braton (Corrosive 180%) - 52

Braton (Gas 180%) - 52 (poison DOT still 7) Bonus points for stalker killing me ya'll.

Braton (Magnetic180%) - 52

Braton (Radiation 180%) - 52 (Radiation is amusing though, mini Nyx for a few seconds. Not great if I could have damage but interesting)

Braton (Viral 180%) - 52

Observation. Electric and Toxin deal the same damage to infested. So this means infested are still not flesh. We already knew that from the last patch but just wanted to make sure.

Conjecture: An element with a -25% actually adds 90% of the weapon damage to power. A neutral element actually adds 110% of the weapon damage to power. A 50% boost actually adds about 170% to power.

A dual element adds 225% to the weapon power. A dual element with a 25% bonus adds 280%.

Without testing further, blast + corrosive should still be the strongest combo against infested...actually the patch probably INCREASED that.

Corpus will follow if I have time.

EDIT: Corpus report.

Now that we're on Corpus and their resistances are even further mixed, I'm going to stick with the previous DOUBLE dual combos for damage comparisons. Because more elements is always more damage, and because I'd like to make things quicker. I shall also add 135% serration back. Not because it makes the test better, but because I can draw a direct comparision to my pre-patch test on page 6.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134176-explainedsolved-damage-20-builds-with-cheatsheets/page-6#entry1622646

So here we go:

tl;dr version, Corpus have more variety among the dual elements, a clear winner is hard. Blast + Corrosive is the best middle ground. Gas + Magnetic still eats shields faster at the cost of doing less to Robots. Radiation + Viral has low shields, low robot health damage, but great health damage on Crewmen. I think the edge goes to Gas + Magnetic.

Pluto (Corpus) Archron =

Blast + Corrosive

202 Shield | 250 Health (on Camera/Moa) | 245 on Crewmen

Gas + Magnetic

287 Shield | 208 Health (on Camera/Moa) | 245 on Crewmen

Radiation + Viral

223 Shield | 208 Health (on Camera/Moa) | 308 on Crewmen

The shield nerf can be seen pretty clearly here. But the health damage went down as well due to lack of Puncture weakness.

B+C note: I can't actually explain why Crewmen take slightly less health damage than Camera. It COULD be the corrosive robotic bonus making the difference compared to slash /flesh-robotic cancellation.

G+M note: On that same trend, I guess that's why Crewmen is still 245 here. Overall +50% damage to flesh. But with Cameras being robotic now, they also take less health damage from this combo. Shield damage is the same as pre-patch. On weapons without slash, this is probably clearer decision. But as it is on a neutral weapon like the Braton, you can go either way. More shield damage for less health, or shield damage for more health. I'll give G+M the edge though.

R+V note: More shield damage than B+C. Less health damage on Robotic. A good bit more on health.

Edited by NegimaSonic

Bonus test, went back to Palus for a sec to test fire DOT. With the 135% Serration, the damage increased to 34. So the DoT is affected by your base damage.

Actually there's no point in me checking Grineer is there? Nothing changed with their numbers. I did a quick runthrough. Seems like bombard's got more armor. Actually all armor is increased. Other than lancers, every unit I shoot takes less damage than they did on page 6. Radiation + Viral is now terrible against Grineer compared to before. I won't even test Gas + Magnetic, it has an armor bonus but way lower than B+C. I can't imagine it doing anything more useful than Blast + Corrosive.

So overall, system is like it was before patch. Blast + Corrosive on Grineer and Infested. You have more choices for Corpus though.

Til next time they change things.

I have a question that surfaced when going through my melee weapons to see how they were effected by this new damage types, and thinking that mire or dual heat swords might do non phycial damage. I noticed they didnt.

The question then is, on a larger side, what kind of damage do actually Charge attack (and similar other attack types) actually do in damage? Why isnt that shown in the UI?

The Dual heat blades used to do fire on their jump attack, but there is no indication on the UI that the damage is different. Mire is supposed to be a poison blade, but there is no mention of toxin in its damage type. And even with the elemental questions swirling about, there is just the simple question of what damage a simple skana does when using Charge attack. I am not sure this is the place to ask, but it is related to the new damage calculation and the fact that we seem to not have an reference for that kind of material anywhere just yet either.

Oh fine. I'll do it too.

So based on my tests, the tl;dr version is.

For a CHARGE build, Killing Blow->Elements->Rendering Strike->Sundering Strike (and any other individual physical bonuses)->whatever else you want->Pressure Point.

Pressure Point has NO effect on charge damage. Unless I super goofed. Naturally you can still keep it if you want more regular attack

Going with Machete Wraith here because it has a potato. My targets will be the usual infested on Palus.

No mods: 150 damage.

This needs further checking because I could swear I was also seeing 111 damage.

Added Pressure Point 100%.

150 damage and 111 again. It's really hard to see where the 111 comes from. I think it must be ancients. Almost 100% sure.

Using Killing Blow 125% only.

337 damage..on all enemies in general. Including Ancients. Wut? Sometimes I hit 252 regardless of enemy type.

Killing Blow 125% + Pressure Point 100%

Still 337 and 252. Pressure Point has no effect.

Now adding Sundering Strike to the above. (To see if individual increases change anything, Rendering Strike isn't  useful for this test since it also increases charge damage).

Now here's a surprise. Damage increased to 356. (I can't speak for the second number I usually see). Now to check this craziness. I'll remove Pressure Point 100% for a sec.

Killing Blow 125% + Sundering Strike 90%

Still 356. And the "second mystery number" is 266.

This means INDIVIDUAL INCREASES TO PHYSICAL STATS increases charge damage. Of course the increase is...rather tiny.

Next up. Some elemental action.Unlike my rifle, I don't have my melee elementals upgraded, regardless if elements increase damage, it should be apparent even with a low upgrade. So...

Killing Blow 125% + Sundering Strike 90% + Molten Impact 45% + North Wind 30%

619 damage. Secondary number is 463. That's a rather nice increase for not even maxed elements. I suspect the Blast bonus vs infested helps a lot here.

Final test: Remember how I determined that overall damage is useless? Well Elemental gets stronger based on your overall damage on guns right? So perhaps it still has a use.

Killing Blow 125% + Sundering Strike 90% + Molten Impact 45% + North Wind 30% + Pressure Point 100%

Nope. Still 619 damage. Pressure Point is 100% useless on a charge build.

Final test part 2. So let's just make sure Rending Strike increases damage a lot too. It will of course based on the charge bonus but here's hoping the bonus puncture helps.

891 damage. 668 secondary number. It went up as expected.

EDIT: I also did a very quick run against some Grineer, as expected, it doesn't ignore armor. Or perhaps it is just the Machete Wraith that  doesn't. I'm not going to test EVERYTHING.

Edited by NegimaSonic

I think i might need to refrase the question into smaller tinier ones, though the answer that is given is good though.

What i am wondering is what damage type it gets to be. is it impact? or Piercing? is it dependent on the weapon and if so to what extent? Is it a percentage based out of what the base damage does? What defences counters charge damage and what does it work better against?

I think i might need to refrase the question into smaller tinier ones, though the answer that is given is good though.

What i am wondering is what damage type it gets to be. is it impact? or Piercing? is it dependent on the weapon and if so to what extent? Is it a percentage based out of what the base damage does? What defences counters charge damage and what does it work better against?

:T I don't feel like running out there anymore for now.

is it impact? or Piercing?

If I had to guess it is still its own damage type. OR it is slash (perhaps based on the highest value).

Reasoning? Those few Grineer I hit generally took less damage than the infested despite being a lower level. A few light ones, shield lancers, took more damage than infested.

It can't be impact or pure puncture (on this weapon at least) or it would've done more damage to all Grineer than infested. Slash fits damaging infested a lot while damaging some Grineer more than others.

But no matter what it is, it is still affected by armor.

is it dependent on the weapon and if so to what extent?

Dunno. As mentioned above, I think it MIGHT be slash. But I don't know if that is global or just for the machete wraith since that is its highest value.. I'm also unwilling to test further tonight (if at all :D)

Is it a percentage based out of what the base damage does?

I think it is based on whatever default charge value is set. Base charge for Machete Wraith is 125. When I went up to infested and charged with no mods, I hit about 150.

What defences counters charge damage and what does it work better against?

Pretty sure armor. Always armor. So it works better against things without armor :D

On a serious note, until someone bothers to try this with another weapon against all factions, I can't give you an answer.

Forgive me for spamming the topic, but there is just one thing I don't understand about this new system.

And that is this: If I put 2 elemental mods on my weapon, for example fire and electricity, and get a radiation damage of, say, 100, does that mean I deal 100 radiation damage per shot, or is it affected by status chance? For examploe, if my weapon's status chance is 10%, does that mean I have a 10% chance of dealing radiation damage?

Thanks a lot!

Forgive me for spamming the topic, but there is just one thing I don't understand about this new system.

And that is this: If I put 2 elemental mods on my weapon, for example fire and electricity, and get a radiation damage of, say, 100, does that mean I deal 100 radiation damage per shot, or is it affected by status chance? For examploe, if my weapon's status chance is 10%, does that mean I have a 10% chance of dealing radiation damage?

Thanks a lot!

You always get more radiation damage. But you have a 10% chance to inflict the radiation effect on an opponent.

If you're a weak snot like I am and don't have many mods to choose from because you're unlucky as buals, I find that wildfire, hellfire, shred, and serration make a godly primary weapon combo that eats anything it comes in contact with. I haven't tested it much on higher level mobs, but it seems to be effective /enough/ so that one could clear through whatever mission they wanted without swapping modsets constantly.

Blast + Corrosive is still the best combo against infested.

Since Infested have no armor anymore wouldn't Viral + Heat be better? Viral and Corrosive do the same amount of damage to infested now but Viral has a useful Proc (Health reduction vs. Armor Reduction). And since Rifles and Shotguns have 2 stackable Heat mods with Blaze and Wildfire, a 4 elemental mod build is viable there. If you can dedicate 5 mods for elementals then Blast + Corrosive would still be stronger though.

It's different for pistols where Corrosive + Blast might be better. I guess you can stack 2 Freeze damage mods + Heat to get a higher Blast but then you'll need 5 elemental mods since pure Electricity\Toxin as a fourth would only hurt.

tl;dr version, Corpus have more variety among the dual elements, a clear winner is hard. Blast + Corrosive is the best middle ground. Gas + Magnetic still eats shields faster at the cost of doing less to Robots. Radiation + Viral has low shields, low robot health damage, but great health damage on Crewmen. I think the edge goes to Gas + Magnetic.

Similarly here, Magnetic + Heat should then be best, being strong against both shields and flesh with no negatives. This also works better for Pistols where you can have high Magnetic damage with 2 Freeze mods.

Since Infested have no armor anymore wouldn't Viral + Heat be better? Viral and Corrosive do the same amount of damage to infested now but Viral has a useful Proc (Health reduction vs. Armor Reduction). And since Rifles and Shotguns have 2 stackable Heat mods with Blaze and Wildfire, a 4 elemental mod build is viable there. If you can dedicate 5 mods for elementals then Blast + Corrosive would still be stronger though.

--------------

It's different for pistols where Corrosive + Blast might be better. I guess you can stack 2 Freeze damage mods + Heat to get a higher Blast but then you'll need 5 elemental mods since pure Electricity\Toxin as a fourth would only hurt.

Similarly here, Magnetic + Heat should then be best, being strong against both shields and flesh with no negatives. This also works better for Pistols where you can have high Magnetic damage with 2 Freeze mods.

Personally, I don't like counting on proc, if it isn't guaranteed.

I've stated elsewhere that I lack Wildfire at this time, and probably will lack it for awhile since I'm not running nightmare. And gambling on trying to get pathogen rounds has broke me so upgrading will be slow if I did. Still, based on theory (which I hate when I can just prove something with actual numbers), 150% heat likely rivals 180% blast due to 150% heat adding another 50% (so +75 in theory) giving it 225% damage and blast at 180% already does 225% damage (180% + 25% of that which is 45). But as you noted this means 240% Blast) is even stronger than that.

Again, if I had it and maxed, I'd tell you. I'll get to that eventually but perhaps someone else will handle it.

The -health on Viral also makes me doubt it, exactly how much off is this? Will you even notice? I don't seem to have any information on that. So if I'm giving a recommendation on Viral with a chance damage vs Corrosive with guaranteed damage (just because of the pairing with Blast). I'll pick the latter.

------------

I actually have to give one tricky one a hand though. I learned now that Toxin always goes through shields, not just a chance but always.

Magnetic + Toxin(90%). It is really tricky though.

Shield damage 201|

63 direct toxin damage to corpus while shields are up. On health alone 203 

21 toxin direct damage to robotic while shields are up. On health alone 187.

It doesn't do anything better than the double combos tested earlier, but doing direct damage to health through shields might make things interesting for people. Like it is hard for me to judge how to say where the damage lies here. Maybe doing direct damage to health while you are bringing down a shield is worth the loss on damage afterwards.

Magnetic + Heat (90%)

Shield damage 245 | 208 to robotic health. | 213 to Corpus health

It falls behind the previously tested Blast on health damage, it still succeeds on shield damage, but not more than gas + magnetic. It is also definitely worse compared to Radiation + Viral.21 more points of shield damage at the cost of losing almost 90 damage on Crewmen.

(Stats reposted below for easier comparisons)

Blast + Corrosive

202 Shield | 250 Health (on Camera/Moa) | 245 on Crewmen

Gas + Magnetic

287 Shield | 208 Health (on Camera/Moa) | 245 on Crewmen

Radiation + Viral

223 Shield | 208 Health (on Camera/Moa) | 308 on Crewmen

Since Gas is basically similar to Blast, this would mean that yes 150% heat is == Gas + Magnetic's health damage, but not the shield damage. I'd still recommend Gas+Magnetic, but if you want Wildfire's capacity boost or like the chance of heat doing DoT more, then by all means go for it.

The two freeze mods on pistol actually only make up for the loss of freeze on the main gun (for a total of 100% freeze as opposed to 90% on all other weapons). Though being completely realistic here, with how hard to find pathogen rounds is currently, none of the 4 weapon combos are useful for pistols anyway. Melee has a similar min max issue, electric can go up to 120% which partially makes up for Freeze's 60% there. But this means Magnetic, Corrosive, Gas, and Radiation are comparatively stronger on base than Blast or Viral.

Aaand it makes things a headache.

So if it helps from now on, consider what I say only applicable to primaries. Maybe secondaries. But I'm not touching melee. Nope.

So last night after Update 11.0.6 I did an Excel Sheet with every Phyiscal and Elemental combination possible...

To make the damage numbers somewhat compareable I gave each combination a base weapon damage of 100 to start with it...

For example like 100:0:0 Impact:Puncture:Slash, or 0:100:0 Impact:Puncture:Slash, or 0:0:100 Impact:Puncture:Slash, or 50:50:0 Impact:Puncture:Slash, or 33:33:33 Impact:Puncture:Slash and so on... Also did the same for the Elemental-only weapons.

I not only considered maxed up elemental mods and nightmare mods, but also maxed up physical damage mods...

Then I let it calculate the damage based on enemies weaknesses and strengths and put them all together in one table...

So that's what the sheet looks like for Rifles and Shotguns against different enemies (excuse it's pixelated mess, it otherwise would be like megabytes of size):

1465734_266019186887329_1870044440_o.jpg

The percentage shows how far that combination is off from maximum possible...

Also I had to use 133 as base damage to make them compareable for the elemental only ones because of them lacking boosting mods like physical damage which all use to scale the damage up by 30%...

One further note I have to admit is that I averaged the damage for enemies like Grineer having Flesh and Armor, and for Corpus Crewman having Flesh and Shields and so on so that damagenumbers don't get ridiculous compared to Infested numbers which are only "infested"

Also I didn't consider things like Toxin eventually doing a DoT through shields, which bypasses shield effectively and things like it... It's just an overall comparesheet what elemental combinations do to each faction's weaknesses/strengths...

Some other problems that actually would occour is that you wouldn't have enough modslots anyways to achieve some of the ridiculous combinations like 33:33:33 Impact:Puncture:Slash + their respective physical damage mod + ALL elementals... xD

Serration is not considered, it would boost the Base damage before any other mod is considered. Also It doesn't include Multishot, which would be applied after everything else. Those damage numbers also would have to be reduced by the enemies actual armor, so one can't exactly replicate those numbers ingame anyways... ^^

[Edit] Uhm wait some moment... the forum didn't like to swallow the png, don't know why.. Also sorry, there may be some misspellings in the picture, but I think you get the idea...^^

[Edit 2] Now all weapon types found in: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/138679-damage-20-physicalelemental-combinations-damage-comparison-tables-for-all-weapon-types-u1106/

Edited by MeduSalem

I think you win the thread. Probably should start your own topic or post on reddit with these findings. I know it isn't exact but it's a good overview.

If I had to sum it up based on elemental at the end (so I don't have to think about physical).

Infested: Blast + Corrosive = winner, 2nd place: Heat + Corrosive, Heat + Viral, Heat + Magnetic

Grineer: Blast + Corrosive = winner, 2nd place: Gas + Magnetic, 3rd close place: Heat + Corrosive, Heat + Viral

Corpus Humans: Gas + Magnetic = winner, 2nd place: Heat + Viral, Heat + Magnetic, 3rd close place, Radiation + Viral.

Corpus Robotics: Radiation + Viral = winner, I'm fighting this one. My own radiation + viral test put it below gas + magnetic robotics wise. It does less to shield and equal damage to health. Robotics not being flesh should be the key reason this one is worse in this case. But maybe that is the effect of using the elemental category. The other ones all state Gas + Magnetic as the winner.

In second and below place, heat + magnetic, blast + corrosive, and radiation + viral as expected.

Still great work. I'd like to see the melee and secondary ones since those are even more annoying.