The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archon Disruption?... Might as well read, "No archon shard this week"

Mikhael222

Banshee can work great for these, especially if one's weapons aren't terrific.   Mostly the key is Sonic Boom, ideally with Sonic Fracture.  She can keep pushing the Demolysts back, punking them  as long as her energy holds up, and their armor will be permanently stripped with the augment.    Silence is of course super helpful too, and Sonar is great for clearing trash...and Demos too, with decent timing.

Gotta admit when I saw disruption I was a little worried.

But I had no problems.

If you struggle with killing demolysts, you haven't played enough disruption. Eventually, you figure them out. Like everyone else is saying, armor strip + cc

8 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Banshee can work great for these, especially if one's weapons aren't terrific.   Mostly the key is Sonic Boom, ideally with Sonic Fracture.  She can keep pushing the Demolysts back, punking them  as long as her energy holds up, and their armor will be permanently stripped with the augment.    Silence is of course super helpful too, and Sonar is great for clearing trash...and Demos too, with decent timing.

^^ this man know's what's up. Gloom Banshee is the perfect demolyst killing machine, the only thing she doesn't have is super speed.

On 2023-07-31 at 3:48 PM, Wideyed said:

95% armor strip with seeking shuriken & demolyst still alive after literally 100k+ damage (mesa, 300%+ power, at least 50 shots at 2k+ each hit, with Ash prime holding demolyst in place).  Eventually, mesa runs out of power, ash prime gets mobbed (can't stay invis while holding demolyst in place) and that's the end of that run.

Gloom with high end power setups - slowed the demolyst briefly until it pulsed a second or 2 later,, did not get any lifesteal from the ability; don't understand why poeple talk about gloom being great for damage - it doesn't do any as far as I can tell.

Rhino with 300+ power, and range& duration at 100+ as a support only results in a moderate uptick in damage.  And while the stomp slowed 1st demo for about 4 seconds, it doesn't affect a demo after the first use.  Did try boosting duration instead, got first stop to like 8 seconds, but again, nothing after the first hit.  In SP & normal disruptions, stomp stops working after the 3rd demo.  Can't imagine it would last better in archon mission.  My experience, almost everyone who talks about roar being effective in disruption is a theory crafter who doesn't actually play endgame content

This isn't just one lol wat disruption build, it's a team of them.

You can kill Archon demolysts with the alpha damage of a two handed Nikana without armour stripping in a single 12x heavy hit.

On 2023-07-31 at 12:48 AM, Wideyed said:

Gloom with high end power setups - slowed the demolyst briefly until it pulsed a second or 2 later,, did not get any lifesteal from the ability; don't understand why poeple talk about gloom being great for damage - it doesn't do any as far as I can tell.

Just a note on gloom, the pulse they send out has limited range. If you have enough ability range on your gloom, you can just hover outside their range and slow them. Ideally, you want a ton of power behind it too, so that it basically stops them in their tracks and you don't have to worry so much about walking into the pulse zone. Gloom's slow scales with ability power, so try to get as close to 95% as you can (the max). Gloom does not do damage - I've never even heard that, but the lifesteal is great. If you're just venting, fine, but it does give lifesteal on every bit of damage you do, even ability damage.

There is no better tool in all of warframe than gloom for disruption, imo. Every other cc - except maybe gara's wall - fades or gets cancelled by the pulse. Gloom just runs continually unless you walk into the pulse, get nullified or run out of energy. Just build power & range, stay out of their range, and they won't move. Shoot them from a distance. I even run it on Titania in disruption.

Killing them is another story, but this should help you stop them.

If you need more damage, the easiest way to achieve that is to infuse Tharros Strike (Styanax) on Xaku, equip Felarx with devouring attrition evolution, Viral, galvanized savvy, primary Deadhead/Dexterity, and a primer like Kompressa with Secondary Encumber for 14 status effects in total. Don't forget about keeping a distance from the demo, and Magus Lockdown is amazing. With this setup you can kill level 9999 with little effort.

On 2023-03-05 at 9:09 PM, Mikhael222 said:

After five failed attempts, and witnessing multiple Tenno from MR10 to LR2 rage quit, I decided to bring this up on the forums.  What is the point of an unplayable mission?  I attempted to bring Limbo, and his rift bubble was immediately shut down.  I attempted to bring Baruuk, and his Elude didn't hold up for whatever reason (built for full 360 degrees, mind you).  I attempted to bring a 300% strength Nova with the additional 300% strength from the supposed Archon bonus, and it did next to nothing.  When it did, Nova was too squishy amongst the onslaught of narmer/sentient enemies to be viable.

Every strategy I tried failed.  And I think most players were at the point where they rage quit at the first failed defense, so it was difficult trying to find teammates who could strategize and stick it through.  I understand the high rewards demand a high challenge, but if the game is just going to shut down our abilities for no apparent reason, then what is the point?

Lockdown arcane for the Operator/Drift Amp.

Gas/Cold on ranged.

Etc, etc.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Disruption

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1onAkuumVeMJFyv5TpF3uVeXeaKcNFPo1WB09iJSZuSA/edit#

If you're struggling with disruption, I suggest you look up build guide for a modern weapon vs level 9999 enemies. In the vast majority of cases, you'll get results of players instantly killing max level demos in steel path.

The gist of a successful disruption build is that you absolutely must have some form of armor strip or slash proc setup. For example, taking the Hate scythe with incarnon and optimizing it for slash damage and status, doing heavy attacks at max combo on demolyst, and then using Expedite Suffering (via Helminth) to instantly kill them, or using Tharros Strike (Styanax ability via Helminth) to remove all of their armor and bursting them dead with Phenmor. Another key thing you need for successful disruptions is something called a "primer", which is another weapon with extremely high status chance whose sole purpose is to stack as many debuffs on the target, specifically viral.

The order of operations is that you first start by using Magus Lockdown on your operator to stun the demo, follow up with your primer until they have 10 viral stacks, then hit them with your DPS weapon. Should kill them nearly instantly almost all of the time.

Bring a frame that can survive (and preferably has armor strip). Subsume Harrow's 1 if you dont have any other way to CC the demolist (Its cheap, so you can spam it between pulses and it will be stuck in place). There you go. As long as you have a good enough weapon, you should be just fine. Its not fun, but at least the only way you can fail now is if you miss the demolist entirely or it spawns stupidly close to the conduit and you fail to catch it and kill it.
I would argue that Interception is a worse mission type. It is much, much harder Solo and its even more tedious. "What if defence, but more annoying". Defence also sucks btw.

Archived