Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Qol Changes

gamingchair1121

Duviri is coming up very soon, and since it will mainly focus on the Drifters, I think it would be cool to have Operators get a few qol changes along with the update.

Quality of life:

• Base speed increased.
  • Amps no longer self stagger.
  • Hard landing animation shortened.
  • Operator section integrated in arsenal: you no longer need to go to your operator arsenal to access operator gear, as it is now included the main one, and the operator arsenal is still accessable through the operator chair. Allows changing gear in simulacrum/captura as well.
  • Entering the extraction zone as your operator shows your operator rather than your warframe.
  • Operator crosshair improved (right now its just a small dot):
Spoiler

det03a3-e8bb59a6-2ebe-41d1-8220-dfa7fe8e

• Operators can now use the few emotes that were previously unavailable to them.
  • Operators can now be used in relays.
  • K-drive compatibility.
  • Sentinels gain invulnerablility while in operator unless the mod spare parts is equipped on the sentinel.
  • Daily focus cap is always visible.
  • Magus Firewall now has an invulnerability delay, similar to what Revenant's Mesmer Skin got after the eximus rework.

Customization:

• More customizable eyes, nose, and mouth.
  • Height/width sliders.
  • More voices and voice sliders for more voice customizability.
  • Both a normal and a step ephemera can now be equipped at the same time.
  • Full access to ephemera color channels (As of now, certain ephemeras use colors from channels they do not have access to, as most only have the energy channels. The only way to utilize these color channels are by storing the colors through either of the wing ephemeras).
  • Warframe armor and syandana compatibility.
  • Sigils now have access to the second color channel (Some sigils use a second color channel, but operators only have access to the first one).
  • More idle animations
  • Toggle for the chosen idle animation or the default amp idle animation.
  • Ability to purchase D, E, and F appearance slots for 10p each.
  • Faces can be swapped independently from clothing slots.

Bug fixes

• Operators now benefit from vacuum/fetch and animal instinct from sentinels/companions.
  • Amps now appear as intended.
  • Slight transference delay fixed.
  • Slight delay between transferring out and activating void mode removed.
  • Scanners can now be switched to while running.
  • Lockers can now be opened while running.

Feel free to comment anything else you think should be added

To fix magus firewall. Currently, it doesn't have any timed delay before any charges of damage reduction are taken away, so one heavy gunner deletes it. Basically, it's pre buff mesmer skin in its current state. And it wouldn't be so much of a problem if it didn't take so long to stack up all of the charges. 

I don`t know if this is a bug but when you use the Raptwing and Seraphayre ephemera close to an object it disappear so you can`t see it close up(as seen in this gif.

Make it not disappear so you can look at it close up.

Operator GIF bug1 by Aaronj-c

There is also a bug where the scaffold that`s on your amp is clipped into the amp. This bug has existed ever since the fortuna update which was in 2019.

Amp Bug by Aaronj-c

On 2023-03-23 at 4:27 AM, gamingchair1121 said:

Amps no longer self stagger.

Just to talk more about this, the animation is cool but it being when your amp hits you is bad so instead of removing the animation just remove the amps being able to stagger you but instead add the animation to when enemies knock you down and hitting the jump button increases the speed of the recovery.

Operator GIF 7. by Aaronj-c

Operator GIF 7.. by Aaronj-c

Operator GIF 7 by Aaronj-c

Give the ability to switch to scanner while running.

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Megan @[DE]Pablo

3 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

I don`t know if this is a bug but when you use the Raptwing and Seraphayre ephemera close to an object it disappear so you can`t see it close up(as seen in this gif

that's a thing with those ephemeras, not just operators

3 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Just to talk more about this, the animation is cool but it being when your amp hits you is bad so instead of removing the animation just remove the amps being able to stagger you but instead add the animation to when enemies knock you down and hitting the jump button increases the speed of the recovery.

tbh with so many of the good amps staggering you, I'd say its best for it to be removed

unless the ability to unbind unairu's poise come along in the future, that could work, then its changed to enemy stagger rather than the current self stagger. operators rely so much on unairu, I do want other focus schools to be usable.

On 2023-03-22 at 11:27 PM, gamingchair1121 said:

One of each lich, sister, step, and miscellaneous ephemera can now be equipped at the same time.

I like everything you're suggesting except this.  Warframe is already a visual mess.  I don't think we need three ephemera at once on the same character.  Too many explosive VFX and scintillating auras make the game look cheap.

9 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I like everything you're suggesting except this.  Warframe is already a visual mess.  I don't think we need three ephemera at once on the same character.  Too many explosive VFX and scintillating auras make the game look cheap.

yeah true, maybe just a normal and a step ephemera

On 2023-03-28 at 3:44 PM, gamingchair1121 said:

tbh with so many of the good amps staggering you, I'd say its best for it to be removed

unless the ability to unbind unairu's poise come along in the future, that could work, then its changed to enemy stagger rather than the current self stagger. operators rely so much on unairu, I do want other focus schools to be usable.

To me it don`t make sense that when the operator gets knocked down has a boring animation that`s not helpful and is slow but the knockdown animation caused by an amp has a sick and practical knockdown recovery, it`s a waste of a good animation. There is already a mechanic there for knockdowns so again just remove the amp stagger but take the  animation and add it to the operator when an enemy knocks them down, it`s fun to watch and it can save you from being exposed to get shot.

As for Unairu while ill agree it`s useful but making it for all operators can get it that's a lazy copout plus theirs not risk reward, if you want to resist knockdowns just use Unairu for that.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived