Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sleds of Sunshine Impossible

BeardedSmitty

I am trying to get the Sleds of Sunshine (Slide 500m in Plains). All the "cheese" ways are patched and I have been trying now for 2 hours to get it legitimately. Going to the largest hill on the North East side of the map using Nezha with mods that make slide + and Friction -, it is still impossible to go down the hill without getting stuck on a rock or going into a crevasse that stops all movement forward.

If someone has done this recently please tell me what I am doing wrong? DE, you need to make sure that you can stull get "challenges" with every patch. To my knowledge this is impossible to achieve at the moment.

• Like 1

I'll give this a go when I get home, it should still be completable though. 

Apparently you can go 500m or so up in your archwing, pick up some speed and melee sideways to disengage archwing while also not slamming to the ground. Then it's just a matter of holding slide and aim gliding every so often. Will have a look later, though.

If sliding through the air indeed doesn't work anymore, maybe try getting someone to play Vauban with you and drop Vector Pads to keep you going. It seems weird to me that they would have patched air sliding, though, especially since they haven't patched falling counting towards K-Driven.

1 hour ago, Exxion said:

If sliding through the air indeed doesn't work anymore, maybe try getting someone to play Vauban with you and drop Vector Pads to keep you going. It seems weird to me that they would have patched air sliding, though, especially since they haven't patched falling counting towards K-Driven.

I finally got it, using Wisp with all aim glide + mods. Doing the Archwing method does work. Thanks for the replies.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I literally just did this first try using the method in the video "Nierou" commented above. 

Go to PoE at night time - because it saves getting shot at, or having drop ships spawn in.

Get in your Archwing and go as high up as you can and as far as you can get away from the borders (and Grineer camps).

"Sprint" forwards slightly in your Archwing

Melee to get out of Archwing, then immediately aim-glide. After 0.5-1 second of aimgliding, hit slide.

During the slide, spam right-click to zoom in your weapon aim.

Don't let go of the slide until it either ends, or you fall in the water (as I did).

Bam, achievement get. 

Note: you'll get the achievement when you finish sliding, not when you've covered the 500m. 

Note #2: This is basically the exact same method used to get the achievement for falling in coolant with a K-Drive on Orb Vallis. 

Note #3: If you're a Steam player, these achievements are exceptionally rare, so you can also flaunt them on your profile for gloat points X) 

Edited by Els236

• 4 months later...
On 2023-06-18 at 1:30 PM, (PSN)Nierou said:

It does still work, however it is very hard to do with just sliding use this guide and you should have no issue 

thanks for this i was about to lose my mind

On 2023-03-30 at 1:57 PM, BeardedSmitty said:

I am trying to get the Sleds of Sunshine (Slide 500m in Plains). All the "cheese" ways are patched and I have been trying now for 2 hours to get it legitimately. Going to the largest hill on the North East side of the map using Nezha with mods that make slide + and Friction -, it is still impossible to go down the hill without getting stuck on a rock or going into a crevasse that stops all movement forward.

If someone has done this recently please tell me what I am doing wrong? DE, you need to make sure that you can stull get "challenges" with every patch. To my knowledge this is impossible to achieve at the moment.

Get Zephyr, Go to some mountain top with a long slope, use Tailwind up to the sky limit then hold CTRL as you fall, the height counts for the achievement and any remaining distance can be slid down the hill.

Also with Zephyr, put any mod that increases slit, use tailwind along the floor and hold ctrl and you will slide very far.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...