Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Grind is too hard

(PSN)WardensLaw

I'm finding trying to roll my 80 Rivs hard with 8 year and 5 year old content to grind kuva. Also I'm finding it hard to use my 700 steel essence because you literally can't. Please I think this needs an immediate change let us grind kuva again. It literally hurts you guys in zero ways. If anything it hurts lower level players trying to get there hands on these Riven mods. It's gonna be like it was six years ago. Because 800 plat for an unrolled riven is dumb. I feel as though the whole market will feel these changes soon.

Market is player driven. If noone wants to trade prices will eventualy gonna drop.

Kuva farm is primary kuva survival mission, secondary via sp. But in the end farming sp was way easier and multitask combined.

Im rolling my riven only using essence i get from dialy invigorations. Dont see much reason to farm for more

Mkay but some people only play this game. And what's the point of not being able to use my SE from the content that I grind its my time not anyone else's so why does it even make sense to cap kuva anyway? Like all I'm doing is rolling rivens  and playing literally SP and that is all that some people do. It's not like kuva has a direct impact on DE. All I'm saying is just because you don't farm doesn't mean other people don't. 

On 4/2/2023 at 8:51 PM, (PSN)WardensLaw said:

It's not like kuva has a direct impact on DE.

But it does. Player metrics.

Kuva survival and kuva siphons/floods are the endless kuva sources. Not "grind for one resource and then get bonus kuva on top of it".

Especially since steel path has innate resource boosters. Part of why arbitrations still have no cap on how much kuva you can buy with currency.

Player metrics are very important and this is far from the first time content has been rebalanced due to it.

Am 1.4.2023 um 14:26 schrieb (PSN)WardensLaw:

I'm finding trying to roll my 80 Rivs hard with 8 year and 5 year old content to grind kuva. Also I'm finding it hard to use my 700 steel essence because you literally can't. Please I think this needs an immediate change let us grind kuva again. It literally hurts you guys in zero ways. If anything it hurts lower level players trying to get there hands on these Riven mods. It's gonna be like it was six years ago. Because 800 plat for an unrolled riven is dumb. I feel as though the whole market will feel these changes soon.

u cant tell anyone u collected 80 rivens and rolled none of them. You maybe get one decent riven from weekly content. been there done that. Im MRL2

If u need that much Kuva u dont do it for urself but for selling rivens. be real here. 

Lower level players? who get tricked into high price rivens being worth 1k or 2k plat? cmon... with patience u get rivens for Meta/strong weapons dirt cheap. 

2 hours ago, AstrayRed84 said:

u cant tell anyone u collected 80 rivens and rolled none of them. You maybe get one decent riven from weekly content. been there done that. Im MRL2

I've rolled most of mine, but that's been over the span of several years of playing. Sounds like the OP thinks they need to roll every riven immediately, which is an easy recipe for disaster and burnout.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch, nor should their be. Rivens have become the ultimate end-game content for a lot of people, something to spend a lot of time working towards, and they lose their value and sense of accomplishment that comes with them if being able to reroll them hundreds of times becomes a trivial task. If you want to grind something out in Warframe you gotta work for it, and the game letting you grind out unlimited Steel Essence through frankly embarrassingly easy endless Steel Path farms and turning them in en-masse was trivializing said grind entirely.

You can still get 320k Kuva every week almost instantly (250k from Tenshin + 35k from trading riven slivers + 35k from trading voidplume pinions). You still can buy as many as you like from Arbitration rewards, which at the very least will force you into maps and gameplay modes you may not be comfortable with and rewards team cooperation much more heavily than Steel Path does. You still can get Kuva from kuva siphons, sorties, nightwave rewards, requiem relics, and a bunch of other generic sources. It's just been slowed down to a more reasonable pace, and from my experience grinding it out these past few weeks, the time invested to reward ratio we're getting feels fairly reasonable.

I can understand your frustration with the game cutting off your rewards for playing the game in the way you find most enjoyable, and there are plenty of other players in other threads on this same who have shared a similar sentiment. It's widely known that the both the caps on kuva and relics for steel essence is extremely unpopular with a very vocal group of players, and I wish there was a better solution that made everyone happy. Personally though I feel like the collateral damage of allowing endless solo steel essence farms was damaging the community aspect of the game and trivializing riven farming to the point that it was actively making the endgame experience worse for everyone else.

5 hours ago, AstrayRed84 said:
On 2023-04-01 at 2:26 PM, (PSN)WardensLaw said:

If u need that much Kuva u dont do it for urself but for selling rivens. be real here. 

Lower level players? who get tricked into high price rivens being worth 1k or 2k plat? cmon... with patience u get rivens for Meta/strong weapons dirt cheap. 

What's so huge about 80 rivens? Each weapon type (Primary, Secondary, Melee) has like 200 weapons. Then there is other stuffs that can use riven system. So even ~20 rivens per type isn't huge. I have probably 20-30 rivens that I want to roll and I wish to get more... but I'm not into RNG or paying 100+ for rivens. If I were rich I would probably roll that many rivens.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

What's so huge about 80 rivens? Each weapon type (Primary, Secondary, Melee) has like 200 weapons. Then there is other stuffs that can use riven system. So even ~20 rivens per type isn't huge. I have probably 20-30 rivens that I want to roll and I wish to get more... but I'm not into RNG or paying 100+ for rivens. If I were rich I would probably roll that many rivens.

I'm not sure about capping the kuva rewards from SP and think they only did it without considering the effects because they capped relic gains. (DE does pay attention to the player economy way more than any other developer I've seen so if this affects the market they may alter it.) However, I agree with you. I have a ton of rivens I want to reroll, but I just sit on the kuva because I don't find it enjoyable to reroll anything hundreds of times to get even a moderately serviceable riven.

A clan member paid me a couple hundred plat to roll 600k worth of kuva while trying to get a good roll on a specific riven and it was trash still by the time I was done. And that was just for a single riven. Not fun at all.

57 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I'm not sure about capping the kuva rewards from SP and think they only did it without considering the effects because they capped relic gains. (DE does pay attention to the player economy way more than any other developer I've seen so if this affects the market they may alter it.) However, I agree with you. I have a ton of rivens I want to reroll, but I just sit on the kuva because I don't find it enjoyable to reroll anything hundreds of times to get even a moderately serviceable riven.

A clan member paid me a couple hundred plat to roll 600k worth of kuva while trying to get a good roll on a specific riven and it was trash still by the time I was done. And that was just for a single riven. Not fun at all.

i got 2.4k rolls on my hirudo riven and still stats i  want are no where near to be seen.

Archived