Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can I still not free Solaris?

Althaline

So, those poor trapped SU guys on all the Corpus Ship tilesets... why do I still need to pay Granum Crowns to let them go? I don't care if it doesn't give me anything, but it feels really bad to just leave them there begging me to save them. Let me help them, or stop them from spawning at all.

18 minutes ago, emmyemi said:

Granum Crowns are not difficult to get, if you even semi-regularly do missions on the appropriate tile sets you're bound to have more than you could ever want.

He's either asking A) what lore reason do I need to pay Granum Crowns after the quest, or B) why do I only get one Crown per mission when there's usually three or four Solaris?

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

what lore reason do I need to pay Granum Crowns after the quest

The Corpus shackles work like gacha machines. Insert coin, win a Solaris. But at least you know which one you're going to get.

This is really frustrating. And frankly I really don't understand why they're even there to begin with.

Like I get that they're getting their limbs repo'd but, does every corpus ship we raid belong to Nef Anyo? Nef's the one running the whole solaris dept internment thing so they would only be on his ships. How is it at all cost effective to transport them into the ships to do that? Why is there a constant supply of Solaris in the granum void when the whole point of nef going in there was to find Parvos and he's out now? I was under the impression that after the deadlock protocal Granum seized a good number of, if not all of Nef's ships. And Granum seemingly hated what Nef was doing to the solaris.

It makes no narrative sense for them to really be on the ships or in the granum void after the events of deadlock protocall. Or at all, really.

They're just there, taunting players to feel bad for not being able to save them all, and saving their coins to farm up the granum void instead. It's stupid.

On a similar note I also find it really strange that we're not able to help Legs at all. We're able to buy out the depts of faceless solaris we never see from ticker. But one character we're partially responsible for getting his entire body taken from him we can't do anything about? Why not? Some players are probably singularly richer than the collective wealth of the entire corpus faction. Surely we should be able to do something for him.

It's frustrating how much the devs dangle the solaris in front of us and just not allow us to do anything tangible about it. We're an entire faction of walking nuclear death machines how can we not deal with this at all? We can't even Punch Nef in his stupid face like we can every other major antagonizing faction leader. What is even the point of us if we can't do anything about this?

Archived