The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Prime

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

So somehow I got Nekros Prime parts luckily in the last few weeks even though he seems to be vaulted. So i built and applied a few formas.

Been running him a bit lately to see what I can do with him. Current NW is to pickup rare mods . Ok, Nekros is made for this. Ran excavation lith relic to round 12 i believe with two others. Running with despoil, plenty of energy and health orbs and battery drops. With Cedo, sporelacer and dual keres Nekros was a wrecking ball (low level) but he died at one point while I was alternating between terrify and despoil. Late round. Seemed like 80% of enemies were spawning as eximus but just curious how to make Nekros a bit more tanky?

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ8hxuvVvKK

I used x5 armor shards.  My nekros is purely for looting.   Dont care about soul punch, terror, shadows.   

My fav build uses gara's spectro + augment.  I make both kinds of orbs.   Spectro is also a great way to distract enemies and pull them closer to Nekro (they try to enter the ring)   

My second fav build is sevagoth's gloom.   You slow enemies, and make everyone in the area heal from dealing damage.  

I also like really enjoy having redirection+ others? for massive shields and using Harrow's condemn to gain overshields.  (That doesnt hold up well in Steel Path tho.  But for anything lower its awesome)

-------

I usually sub out terror because I like that button combo more than ability 1. 

3 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Get the Ripkas amalgam mod,

Ropalolyst...ugh. Last +10 times I tried i was stuck at some point in the mission and had to abandon BugFrame. I think I'm done with that mission. Such a time suck and I refuse to be burned again.

5 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

What do you mean by alternating?

Casting one then the other repeatedly. I'm new to Nekros. Doesn't seem to last the whole mission for me. 

4 hours ago, Agall said:

also run triple umbral mods since the 66% strength gives him 100% strip

The wiki said something about if a squad mate had corrosive projection you only needed like 125% so i didnt think it was that important.

1 hour ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

My fav build uses gara's spectro + augment. 

My second fav build is sevagoth's gloom. 

I think I subsumed gara and have sevagoth and sevagoth BPs. I just subsumed banshee though so i have to wait.

5 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Health conversion and/or adaptation

I have Equilibrium and adaptation but I don't have "health conversion". I see it is a ceph sim mod for 100k. Totally doable. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Agall said:

just throw some azure shards at him for extra energy.

Think i have 4 shards total lol. Right now i have most mods i think so maybe I'm investing too much time in a farming WF but I'll check my shard pool and also see if it's not permanent as I might want those shards for another frame later.

Thx for the tips everyone!

34 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Casting one then the other repeatedly. I'm new to Nekros. Doesn't seem to last the whole mission for me. 

Desecrate is a channelled ability, I.e. it doesn't have a duration. And since you're using Despoil, it uses health instead of energy. The only reason it turns off is because you've run out of health (2hp i think it turns off), or you've run through a nullifier. So you shouldn't have to recast desecrate too often.

I recommended looking up a Nekros sp build. I know knight frame has one I'm pretty sure so you can use his. If not look on some other  channel. Nekros is a beast for armor stripping Just gotta learn how to play him right and use the right mods. I hoped this helps. also, atm I am building my own Nekros prime set and got another set to sell. So, I will be testing this out soon. 

38 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

even stood on top of a laser death orb and there was no "pulse" emitted granting 250 health.

They each only do it once, and it triggers the moment you get close enough. So if you've run past it already, returning to the same death orb won't trigger the energy again.

Desecrate basically works by re-rolling the loot drop from enemies. Keep in mind, rng still plays a big part, as does enemy spawn density and your kill rate. So doing a 20min run probably won't show any significant difference with your loot results (especially if your kill rates are different). Not sure that info helps you too much, but something to consider perhaps.

Il y a 15 heures, (XBOX)Player244024418 a dit :

So somehow I got Nekros Prime parts luckily in the last few weeks even though he seems to be vaulted.

He is currently unvaulted alongside with Oberon Prime with the Prime Resurgence rotation since March 24th.

They will be available on these dates :

From March 24, 11am ET to April 6, 2pm ET

From May 19, 11am ET to June 2nd, 11am ET
For making Nekros more tanky, I think other have already answered very well : Adaptation, Shield of Shadow, Health Conversion, Arcane Guardian...

Health Conversion works really nice with Nekros and with Arcane Guardian, you will get 2,375 armor with Nekros Prime (=88.7% DR). This will stack with the Shield of Shadows (cap at 90% DR) and Adaptation. Three layers of DR than can let you benefit from 99.89% of damage reduction. Terrify will give you some nice CC, if needed and Eximus won't be a problem because of the aggro (Shadows).

8 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

They each only do it once, and it triggers the moment you get close enough. So if you've run past it already, returning to the same death orb won't trigger the energy again.

Hmm. It was ahead of me and I saw it and thought, "ah ha! Let me see what happens!" And ran and jumped in top and ... waiting, waiting. Maybe I missed it. 

8 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

doing a 20min run probably won't show any significant difference with your loot results

This surprises me to hear. A 20m run imo should show consistent differences I would think. I'll run a few more.

3 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Health Conversion works really nice with Nekros and with Arcane Guardian, you will get 2,375 armor with Nekros Prime (=88.7% DR)

Thanks sounds like the missing piece. I am at 82k ceph sim points. Hit max this am so it will be manana.

6 hours ago, WILDBILL212 said:

I need just one last part

I never look at the game news board. Didn't realize. Good luck! Hope you get it soon... and thanks again everyone.

Seeing as you have mentioned Mods, Nekros does help with additional Mods, but you still are dealing with the enemies loot tables. So for example, lets say that you are trying to do the Nightwave involving picking up Rare mods? There will be some missions and enemies better suited than others. 

If you want a really easy way to finish that particular Nightwave though? Just do a quick Index run. Difficulty doesn't matter, I think, but the enemies there drop a lot of Rare mods. Should be pretty fast to get that challenge done. 

il y a 3 minutes, (XBOX)Player244024418 a dit :

I've never farmed the index runs. I'll give that a try.

This is indeed the best way : every single mod that drops on the Index is rare. But at least this thread let you discover how to make Nekros a huge tank 🛡️😆🛡️

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Completed already.

I've never farmed the index runs. I'll give that a try.

Nice!

The actual Rare mods that drop in the Index aren't very good (well some are decent and some are niche, like Flux Overdrive) but its high frequency of dropping rare mods makes it a good candidate for completing the NW challenge fast. Or if you want to transmute a bunch of rares). 

Index is also decent for Credits if you don't like Profit Taker (especially with a x2 Credits weekend coming soon). 

Ok sorry forong post, so I soloed SP survival V Prime on Venus (111-113) a number of times and got utterly destroyed most times. Here's the build, below. I tried twice w Energy Conversion and here's my process:

-hack console to alert enemies

-cast despoil

-kill a few enemies from cover try to stay alive

-cast 4 ... Ooopsies

-cast 4 ... Nope

- cast 4? Cast 4? Hellooooo 4? I mean, I only cast 3 so how can I not cast a second ability with like 5 formas?

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ7jpZDVN2u

Tried the mission twice and was dying repeatedly. It was terrible.

Switched to configuration A. Enemy Radar is now Brief Respite and Energy Conversion is now Primed Continuity.

Died twice but made it barely through the mission (acolyte appeared the moment I needed oxygen, but managed to get oxygen and kill acolyte).

So, why can't I cast 3, kill some enemies then cast 4? 

Then I tried swapping Enemy Sense for Power Drift. I died immediately bc I can't cast my 4 as before (after killing a few enemies) but eventually got 4 going, was able to keep it up with despoil but when acolyte appeared, i tried to cast 2 (your powers are useless), then I died. Likely from casting time and getting utterly tagged by the 20 enemies plus acolyte this mission throws at you. Then on respawn could not cast 4, 3 or 2. Nothing. Had to flee using operator void mode slinging to open area to get some time and kill a few solo enemies until extraction.

How do you guys play Nekros? Doesn't seem viable in SP...Energy Conversion didn't seem to help at all.

Terrify works, but the range it terrible even at 150% range. What's the point if it only terrifies the enemies immediately in your melee range as 12 other corpus moas are unloading 100 rounds a minute on you.

I seem to be missing something...let me know your thoughts thanks.

Archived