Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

improving each boss w/ one change each

Warframe is not known for its bosses.  Well, not in a positive way at least.  In this thread, I'll suggest one change for each boss that I believe would greatly improve the experience.  Admittedly, some of these bosses need a lot more than just one change.  And some of the changes I'm suggesting are copouts

• Vor: fine, leave as is
  • Jackal: remove electric AOE on normal star chart difficulty
  • Lech Kril: reduce invulnerability time by at least 75%
  • The Sergeant: replace w/ Raknoid from Kahl missions
  • Alad V: slightly increase HP for starchart
  • Vay Hek: drastically reduce his jittering movements while in airborne form
  • Protea: reduce HP dependent on player MR (lower MR = lower Protea HP)
  • Sargas Ruk: reduce invulnerability time by at least 50%
  • Raptors: change Lotus' redundant voiceline: "...subterranean explosions underground..."
  • Hyena Pack: remove slash proc immunity
  • Tyl Regor: remove voiceline about "nowhere left to run, nowhere left to hide" (or prevent it from playing while he's hiding)
  • Ambulas: add console to hack in boss arena that allow us to spawn more Ambulas at a time
  • Kela: make orbital bombardment not damage pets/companions
  • Infested Alad V: reduce invulnerability time by at least 75%
  • Thumpers: increase spawn chance if relevant NW challenge is active
  • Eidolons: add riven transmuters to other aspirational drop tables, taking the place of a few endo spots in high level bounties, the Granum Void, or similar content
  • Profit-Taker: increase the drop chance of Atmos Systems by at least 100% in earlier phases of the bounty chain
  • Exploiter: bugfix it for increased stability
  • Necramechs: reduce rotational speed
  • Ropalolyst: bugfix it for increased stability, seriously
  • Kahl's Wolf of Saturn Six: decrease HP by 75%, especially if the timer is running
  • Kahl's Ven'kra: improve brother pathing
  • Kahl's Sprag: prevent hammer from passing through obstacles
  • Kahl's Raknoid: reduce likelihood of endless, inevitable CC chaining
  • Kahl's Thumper: decrease HP by 75%, especially if the timer is running
  • Angels: increase orb hitbox size, especially for clients
  • New War Quest Archons: progressively lower HP dependent upon player failures (more failures = lower boss HP)
  • Archon Hunt Archons: reduce damage attenuation for each minute in mission, with zero damage attenuation achieved at 10 minutes

What do you think?  Also, apologies if I forgot any bosses.  This is a massive game, and what qualifies as a boss isn't always something every player is going to agree on.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Jackal: remove electric AOE on normal star chart difficulty

Either make its effects immune to all abilities/passives or able to be affected. Why does Harrow get to go invuln yet Limbo still gets hit in a different dimension? And fix this for any other bosses with this "effect"/ inconsistently.

19 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Lech Kril: reduce invulnerability time by at least 75%

Yeah the invuln time is way too much, I'd also add make it immune to CC effects during the invlun time prevent effects from prolonging it

20 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Protea: reduce HP dependent on player MR (lower MR = lower Protea HP)

No, just no. MR does not equal skill. I'd say this is one boss where the massive leadup to the fight needs to be reduced. Why does it cost >1,000 meters everytime to face this boss? Reduce it should be 500 meters max.

21 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Ambulas: add console to hack in boss arena that allow us to spawn more Ambulas at a time

Fair, Or some way of speeding up the fight to not be glorified mobile defense

22 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Kela: make orbital bombardment not damage pets/companions

Sneaking in a companion complaint here eh? Kela I think is a fair boss that comes at the end of regular starchart. Not too hard but still challenging enough to test your skill.

22 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Thumpers: increase spawn chance if relevant NW challenge is active

I'd say add in just a dozen confirmed spawn points and no more no need to make something based on NW. Also, the wiki is horrible in this area and isn't doing a good job of the spawn behavior of thumpers.

24 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Eidolons: add riven transmuters to other aspirational drop tables, taking the place of a few endo spots in high level bounties, the Granum Void, or similar content

Eidolons: There is a lot I'd change about this fight. 1) Nighttime whenever or at least some way of practicing all of its mechanics without time gates (no the quest doesn't count) 2) Vom spawn rates more fair. 3) Separate capture from kill, why can someone kill it before a capture or charged lure inadvertently griefing the team?

27 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Archon Hunt Archons: reduce damage attenuation for each minute in mission, with zero damage attenuation achieved at 10 minutes

Fix damage attenuation would be the only part that I'd fix. And fixing the second stage from taking forever.

And for everything else that has Damage attenuation such as liches and sisters.

Other boss fights not mentioned:

-Lephantis

Add in proper level scaling. It was originally intended as a level 40 fight without the option for higher level content. So that it why it looks dis-proportionally out of place when compared to other SP starchart / Sortie bosses. Because it is stuck with level 40 DR and not SP/Sortie level health.

-Wolf of Saturn six (regular)

Increase the ways of making this boss spawn, the low drop rate for wolf sledge parts I'm fine with but not fine with it being behind trading or nightwave.

-Zeloid prelate

This one is fine. Doesn't really need changing. It is a rare boss that is accessible if you want its reward.

-Phoroid,

A fair fight

-Orphix

Where do I even start?

Remove RJ requirement and mobile defense before it. Why does this gamemode have to be locked behind the awful objectives, AKA mobile defense, of railjack before entering the actual ship to the do the mission? It makes no sense.

FIX THE DROP TABLES! Spread the arcanes out like eidolons, make it an actual alternative and not a you get nothing 3/4 of the time. Make it so that we get drops of arcanes and not a minuscule chance to get a good one after 20 minutes.

Orphix itself-fix whatever other issues it has, IDK what it has since I haven't played it since it is so awful from reading others attempts to clear it, just CLEARING IT! not even going for the arcanes.

I know this technically isn't a boss but considering how people have to ask for help on it and is comparable to an actual boss for its rewards, it might as well be.

34 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

No, just no. MR does not equal skill. I'd say this is one boss where the massive leadup to the fight needs to be reduced. Why does it cost >1,000 meters everytime to face this boss? Reduce it should be 500 meters max.

She's available really early, and some newer players stumble upon her before they're ready.  That's why I'm suggesting making the Protea fight easier for newer players.  It's not like they're in any danger of grinding out the rest of her pieces easily.

Some boss fights really need a mini-tutorial quest that the player needs to pass before they can enter the real mission. A good example that I can think of is Kela; I hop into sorties all the time where there are players who still have no idea that they need to shoot the spinny targets.

A tutorial that demonstrates the mechanics and has the player learn how to pass them, with no pressure (like no harassment from enemy mobs) might be a good improvement.

12 часов назад, sunderthefirmament сказал:

My other suggestion was to let Xata's Whisper actually damage Eidolon shields, albeit at a reduced percentage, but DE is really precious about Eidolon shields for some reason.  Probably the arcanes.

you know that DE won't do it and you 100% know why, right?

2 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

you know that DE won't do it and you 100% know why, right?

My guess is the arcanes. Equally plausible is that it’s old content, and DE rarely touches old content. 

Most of the feedback provided here is likely ignored or at least not acted upon. Still, I hope DE is aware that bosses in this game are definitely a lowlight, and could use some changes. 

3 минуты назад, sunderthefirmament сказал:

My guess is the arcanes. Equally plausible is that it’s old content, and DE rarely touches old content. 

Most of the feedback provided here is likely ignored or at least not acted upon. Still, I hope DE is aware that bosses in this game are definitely a lowlight, and could use some changes. 

🙄
something tells me that DE specifically made this mode so that you use both the warframe and the operator. and rewards in this activity added the corresponding
and your proposal will simply remove the need for an operator (especially since xata whisper can be infused onto any warframe as far as I remember)

1 minute ago, Merrcenary said:

🙄
something tells me that DE specifically made this mode so that you use both the warframe and the operator. and rewards in this activity added the corresponding
and your proposal will simply remove the need for an operator (especially since xata whisper can be infused onto any warframe as far as I remember)

Yeah, I get that.  But DE already completely trivialized the frame part of these fights.  They're over instantly now.  My point is that DE has already completely shattered the tridolon meta several times in the past 5 years.  I don't think they need to be so precious with this content, as it's no longer new.  In any event, I think the reason they're so picky about Eidolon shields isn't the operator/frame gameplay.  It's the rewards.  If the vast majority of worthwhile arcanes were suddenly far more numerous in the player market, plat would be devalued.  That's my cynical theory, at least.

But I know this is unrealistic, hence why I suggested a different change in my original post.  Putting riven transmuters elsewhere would kill a few birds with one stone.  But perhaps you'd like to tell me that riven transmuters' sole drop source isn't actually a problem because you personally don't think it is again.

15 минут назад, sunderthefirmament сказал:

Yeah, I get that.  But DE already completely trivialized the frame part of these fights.  They're over instantly now.  My point is that DE has already completely shattered the tridolon meta several times in the past 5 years.  I don't think they need to be so precious with this content, as it's no longer new.  In any event, I think the reason they're so picky about Eidolon shields isn't the operator/frame gameplay.  It's the rewards.  If the vast majority of worthwhile arcanes were suddenly far more numerous in the player market, plat would be devalued.  That's my cynical theory, at least.

But I know this is unrealistic, hence why I suggested a different change in my original post.  Putting riven transmuters elsewhere would kill a few birds with one stone.  But perhaps you'd like to tell me that riven transmuters' sole drop source isn't actually a problem because you personally don't think it is again.

exactly. 10 mins for 2 riven transmuters is not a big deal

15 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

exactly. 10 mins for 2 riven transmuters is not a big deal

You're forgetting the time gate.  I find tridolons to be a joyless slog, so whenever I can muster up the energy to check the Cetus night cycle, it always seems to say "NIGHT IN 1 HOUR."  Then I move on to something else and forget about it for a few more weeks, whereupon the process repeats.

Sliding a riven transmuter into a few different late game drop tables (instead of something like endo or credits) wouldn't hurt anyone.  That is one change to the Eidolon boss fight that would make it far more enjoyable for me at least.  We both know the Xata's Whisper change won't happen.  This suggestion is far more realistic.

1 час назад, sunderthefirmament сказал:

You're forgetting the time gate.  I find tridolons to be a joyless slog, so whenever I can muster up the energy to check the Cetus night cycle, it always seems to say "NIGHT IN 1 HOUR."  Then I move on to something else and forget about it for a few more weeks, whereupon the process repeats.

Sliding a riven transmuter into a few different late game drop tables (instead of something like endo or credits) wouldn't hurt anyone.  That is one change to the Eidolon boss fight that would make it far more enjoyable for me at least.  We both know the Xata's Whisper change won't happen.  This suggestion is far more realistic.

or they can make it tradeable

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2023-04-08 at 5:02 PM, Pakaku said:

Some boss fights really need a mini-tutorial quest that the player needs to pass before they can enter the real mission. A good example that I can think of is Kela; I hop into sorties all the time where there are players who still have no idea that they need to shoot the spinny targets.

A tutorial that demonstrates the mechanics and has the player learn how to pass them, with no pressure (like no harassment from enemy mobs) might be a good improvement.

^^